It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Blaine, superman or a fake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk...

"With a hug for members of his entourage, a shy wave to his fans and a final burst of psychobabble, David Blaine was lifted up in his transparent cage and away from public contact for the next 44 days. And thank goodness for that.
In a bizarre evening, which combined all the worst excesses of the Big Brother house and World Championship boxing, the world's most hyperbolic illusionist embarked on his toughest challenge yet.
No food, few distractions and nothing but nappies for his most tortured moments as he sits in his 7ft by 7ft by 3ft box next to the Thames at Tower Bridge."

"NO FOOD" - how is he going to go for 40 days with no food? Is this possible?

I think he is a cheat!

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   
maybe he fattened up first and he's gonna meditate till his heart is barely beating and h'es breathing less than once a minute. but i think hes a fake and a half how could he not eat fer that long?? he'd be #ed

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Probably a bit of both I'd say.

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Superman or fake? He's neither. He's a magician.

Is he really going to starve himself for 44 days? No, of course not, but he's figured out a way to make it look like he is. That's what he does for a living.

Does that make him a fake? No. It makes him a very good and very real illusionist.

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
They say people could knock him over easily with energetic attcks...
He relies higly on chi energy I've heard. He borrows people chi energy to levitate.

Don't know if this all is true or not.

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
People were throwing eggs at his cage yesterday

I might go up and see him.

It is a very good trick though, you can go and stand next to his cage, stand under it, and watch him for the duration of his challenge.

new topics

top topics

join