It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nintendos Revolution controller...very weird but good explanation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
www.gamespot.com...

www.gamespot.com...

any thoughts on about this controller? they says its comfortable to hold on to. at first it looks like remote control but u can use it two handed. i prefer to see it in live to make my own view on this.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I don't get it...
Is this supposed to be a video game controller?

I also remember Nintendo stating that the Gamecube controller was going to be the standard for next generation systems.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
it is also motion sensitive...

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I read an article about this just today in the school newspaper. (yeah, hardly an authoritative source, lol) Anyway, they said you can do stuff like move the device around, and have objects move on the screen. An example: you are playing a game where your character fights with a sword, you move that remote-looking thing around and your sword on the screen matches your movements. It sounds pretty cool to me.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I've heard the same thing from coworkers, that the controller will have the same technology as the adapter for the Gameboy SP. Which is in effect like the gyro mouse.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Personally, I always thought the N64 controller was the tops...extremely versatile, and really adaptable to many different kinds of games...

Oh well...

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I dunno if Software developers really take advantage of this Controller it could literally change the game. We shall see. At least you can plug it into a regular controller though.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The revolution just sounds dumb to me

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The sega genesis controller was the first "comfortable" controller and still is better than alot of these "Its got 3 movement pads...." controllers.

The N64 was ok. The dreamcast was a Genesis rip. the PS was ok.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Thats pretty cool, will be different though.

My favorite was the N64, just because of the size and ease of use. My least favourite Sega MasterSystem which some may not remember, very small simple controller. I like th PS2 one but its a little more clumbsy the grasps could be longer for people with larger hands.

Good find.

Vorta

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Oooooooh! Cant wait to get my sweaty palms on one of those babies!

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
There is a bit more about Nintendo’s controller here:
Revolution Controller Revealed

You can also watch a video of it in action here:
Nintendo Controller Trailer TGS 2005

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thaumaturgus
There is a bit more about Nintendo’s controller here:
Revolution Controller Revealed

You can also watch a video of it in action here:
Nintendo Controller Trailer TGS 2005

thanks for the video Thaumaturgus, looks cool and weird if people was looking in yer house and see u doin crazy moves. the way those people acted the controller would be banged in no time. hammering it and throwing, etc.

top topics

join