It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2018 Moon Launch? 104 Billion. Wow!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Astronauts pay starts at $39,000 and goes to $78,000.

That top pay is probably for a mission commander w/ a couple science degrees.

I don't know about you , but a person that can show that kind presence in this world could make $125,000-$150,000 somewhere else with allot less stress and allot more trust in what they say, especially when they say, "Hey, I've been to the Moon."

So ya wanna be an astronaut? :

liftoff.msfc.nasa.gov...

[edit on 9/30/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
Resistance - You do realize that space is a cold cold place...dont you?

Murcielago -- Space is neither hot nor cold. Space is a vacuum. It just is. Heat happens only when it is able to strike something and start the molecules vibrating. A vacuum works as an insulator -- which is why you use a thermos to keep your coffee hot or cold.

Therefore, when the sun is hitting the surface of the moon, the surface will absorb the heat and keep it in because the atmosphere (a vacuum) will prevent any dissipation of the heat. Likewise when the sun is not shining on the moon the molecules will cease to vibrate and deep-freeze, and there will be no atmosphere to warm it (it's a vacuum, remember?). Take any part of the moon at any one moment and it will be in either complete sun or complete darkness for minimum two weeks, especially at the equator. NASA is saying they can get almost continuous sunlight near the north pole of the moon. I don't know why they think that's a good thing.

Therefore the conditions on the moon are extremely, extremely harsh. I just don't see how those hokey spacesuits protected the astroNOTs and I think that silly flag we keep discussing would have just BURNED UP. Somebody on one of these threads said he thought the temperature got up into the thousands of degrees on the moon. You can't go bopping around the moon digging rocks and all that stuff, focusing Haselblads and shooting a myriad of pictures in that kind of heat.

A 2018 moon launch? Never happen. The preparatory missions will go on, and I believe falsified pictures will be produced to "prove" the Apollo landings were not fake, and they will attempt to convince everyone they've succeeded in taking photos of the abandoned space equipment. But it won't convince any skeptics because if they can fake one bunch of pics they can fake some more. But all this will keep the public believing in NASA, in the possiblity of space travel, and undergirdl the Illuminati's deceitful hoax they're going to try to pull on the people of the world, spring some "aliens" on us, tell us they've travelled light years to visit us to bring us peace. I think the secret military is practicing Satanic witchcraft and manifesting demons are being bred with humans, producing offspring which will be brought forth at the proper moment to deceive the world.

Meantime, a lot of people get to play with their big rockets, zoom around the atmosphere, get paid a lot of money. It's a complete and total waste of money -- or worse.

[edit on 1-10-2005 by resistance]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
Astronauts pay starts at $39,000 and goes to $78,000.

That top pay is probably for a mission commander w/ a couple science degrees.

I don't know about you , but a person that can show that kind presence in this world could make $125,000-$150,000 somewhere else with allot less stress and allot more trust in what they say, especially when they say, "Hey, I've been to the Moon."

So ya wanna be an astronaut? :

liftoff.msfc.nasa.gov...

[edit on 9/30/2005 by bodebliss]

I think everyone wants to be an astronaut. It's a glory job. I wouldn't want to be one -- but then I think for myself, and I see the whole program as just a bunch of people playing Buck Rogers with taxpayers' money, , that they're just wasting money and risking human lives for nothing.

I'm still waiting for you to explain to me what you think about the radiation on the moon since you say the heat is dissipated by radiation, and with the extreme amount of heat that would be generated over such a long period of time (14 days), would that not equal an extreme amount of radiation?

And how come nobody has any of this information? All you find when you surf the web are these cutesy little write-ups that look like they came out of a 4th grade science book -- and that goes for NASA's stuff as well.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
THats a really good article you have there bode. I wanted to apply for astronaut training and Now I know what to do. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Good Luck, Mizar.

I hope your accepted, and are selected for a Moon mission.

But if you go and come back just remember don't expect Resistance to believe you went there.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I think resistance you are thinkign about NUCLEAR radation. Gama radiation, Alpha, and beta. You may want to brush up on what Thermal Radation is.

from that article..

For example, spacecraft may have thermal radiators, also called heat radiators to lose excess heat. They tend to be reflective to avoid absorption of solar radiation energy. E.g. the Space Shuttle has heat radiators mounted on the inner surfaces of the payload bay doors, and so these are kept open while the Shuttle is in orbit to allow the radiators to function.

And jsut look at the many different types of
Radiation

You may want to read this also it explains exactly what we are talking about

SOLAR RADATION

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Good post, Mizar!

Yeah , I think Resistance is confused on electromagnetic and nuclear radiation. Your post should clear that up.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Good post, Mizar!

Yeah , I think Resistance is confused on electromagnetic and nuclear radiation. Your post should clear that up.

NASA has not specified what kind of "radiation" they are looking for on the moon when they do their exploratory unmanned check-out mission in 2008. Either kind of radiation can make it difficult if not impossible to put man on the moon. If they don't know what they've got in either case, there's something wrong here. They certainly SHOULD know if they actually had men up there walking around on the moon four separate times, logging in hundreds of hours of man-time on the moon.

I still say the moon's too hot. I don't care how shiny or how white your spacesuit is, it's not going to reflect off all the heat. And the vacuum is going to keep every bit of that heat from escaping. And the moon rocks aren't all shiny and white, so they are baking in the continuous sun for two weeks in a vacuum.

Don't you see what I'm saying?

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm done with this guy...Luckily in a little over 2 years when the orbiter is over the moon taking half meter pictures and shows Nasa stuff left behind at sites scattered across the face of the moon, all moon hoax conspiracy theories will all die with just a few pics. Cant wait for that day to come...

jra

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I'm done with this guy...Luckily in a little over 2 years when the orbiter is over the moon taking half meter pictures and shows Nasa stuff left behind at sites scattered across the face of the moon, all moon hoax conspiracy theories will all die with just a few pics. Cant wait for that day to come...

That would be nice, but sadly they will probably be in denial and claim it's 'photoshoped' and what not.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra

That would be nice, but sadly they will probably be in denial and claim it's 'photoshoped' and what not.

I agree that the last thing I would believe would be ANY pictures produced by NASA.

But that's not the point. I've not been talking about their picture-taking expedition in '08. I've been discussing their stated intention to try to measure the radiation on the moon. And I'm wondering, how could they have sent men to the moon four times, spent all that time up there, and not already know the answers to these questions?

And I'd still like to know how the astronauts are going to keep cool up there with the sun beating down continuously and being held in by a vacuum, the perfect insultator. And white shiny suits aren't going to get rid of the heat. Soon as the heat strikes those suits, those molecules are going to start vibrating, and it's only going to get worse from there.

How can anybody possibly move around in a place where the sun is beating down and there is NO ATMOSPHERE? Who says the moon only gets up to 250 degrees F? Is it possible this is a LIE?

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Resistance ,

whoever told a vacuum is an insulator for radiant heat, didn't know what he was saying.

Radiant heat is what warms the Earth which travels from the Sun.

In space, on the Moon it radiates off the surface as soon as it hits it . When the light and radiant heat off the Sun can not touch the surface, the temp drops to -200? something.

jra

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistance
And I'm wondering, how could they have sent men to the moon four times, spent all that time up there, and not already know the answers to these questions?

Six times actually. Apollo 11, 12, 14, 15, 16 and 17. I don't know much about the heat and radiation. I do know they went to the moon durring periods of low solar activity. Meaning that there wasn't a lot of cosmic radiation at that time.

And I'd still like to know how the astronauts are going to keep cool up there with the sun beating down continuously and being held in by a vacuum, the perfect insultator. And white shiny suits aren't going to get rid of the heat. Soon as the heat strikes those suits, those molecules are going to start vibrating, and it's only going to get worse from there.

Well I think it also depends on the material of the suit and how well that material conducts heat. I'd imagine that the various materials and fabrics of the suit don't conduct heat well at all. Plus the inner suit had liquid filled tubes that would keep them cool. Also the Astronauts didn't face the sun continuously. Some part of the suit would always be in the shade and thus staying rather cool.

By the way, in another thread I asked if you would be able to find any pictures from differnt Apollo missions having the same background. Any luck in that?

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Resistance ,

whoever told a vacuum is an insulator for radiant heat, didn't know what he was saying.

Radiant heat is what warms the Earth which travels from the Sun.

In space, on the Moon it radiates off the surface as soon as it hits it . When the light and radiant heat off the Sun can not touch the surface, the temp drops to -200? something.

Bode -- The heat hits the moon and it's not all reflected out. The moon absorbs I'd say most of that radiant heat from the sun and heats up. The vacuum prevents any of that collected heat from escaping, and until the moon turns away from the sun that surface will be soaking up those rays.

One thing I did think of though is that the moon was likely 250000 miles farther away from the sun than the earth is, because the astroNOTS supposedly landed on the lit up side of the moon, the side that's farthest away from the sun as it orbits around the earth.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
By the way, in another thread I asked if you would be able to find any pictures from differnt Apollo missions having the same background. Any luck in that?

I'll go hunting for it if you'll tell me how to bring the images back and put them up here.

I know I could just put up a link, and I'll do that -- but I'd really like to know how to put up pics like everybody else. It's good communication!

jra

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I know I could just put up a link, and I'll do that -- but I'd really like to know how to put up pics like everybody else. It's good communication!

Just take the image link and put [ img ]the image link goes here[ /img ] around it. Just do the tags without the spaces. There is also a button above where you type that looks like this You can just click on that. A window will pop up and then you just paste the image link into that and it does the image tags for you. Hope that made sense.

[edit on 2-10-2005 by jra]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
If I were one of the Apollo mission controllers reading this thread, Id be falling over from high blood pressure and anger. Many men spent nearly 20 years in the flight center doing what? Thats right. Managing space lauches and experiments of all diiferent types. Men gav their lives and professional careers for an advancement. I dont take that lightly.

The men, that landed on the moon are indeed Heros. And yes, they are American. Men died in the endevour of attemting to get into space. Apollo 1 killed 3 men on the pad in a fire. For what? For a fake or facad? Surely no..Check this link...and see the man hours and the work that went into getting someone to the moon.

en.wikipedia.org...

My statment about us not going to the moon was in jest and more of a conspiratorial joke then anything else. We went to the moon, and I dont want this thread to go that way. there is plenty of information about it in other threads.

As for the rail gun, and almost 5 miles a second....it would be difficult to have someting at sea level move that fast. Friction and other things would prove to be obstacles and I am thinking that the space elevator may be the way to go. Dont underestimate the new materials being developed. Carbon based models are therortically inifinte..

We never dreamed we would be building cars out of aluminum or planes our of carbon fiber and here we are doing it now. Composites are amazing materials, and what used to be highly expensive, is now very cheap. Look at a Carbon Fiber fishing rod. You can get one for 20 or 30 bucks at a local sporting goods store. I dont think poo pooing the idea is a good idea.

What I am concerned about is time. I want to live to see this come to be.
2018 is a long ways away and with the money and the technology we have today, I cant believe it can be done any faster..thats all.
Moon bases? Moon Hotels? Moon Mining?

If there was gold on the moon, or diamon veins that were very profitable, free enterprise would be there already. Robotic mining was not bushes reason to announce. His announcement came on the cuff of Chinas. I remember, and I recall saying to mysefl..." Figures " Anying to stay ahead of the competition.

The motives and the alternatives and the dialogue of agenda is the reason for delay in decisions as to why and when. Someones post said that they couldnt believe that much of the data had not been colllected from previous moon missions. Think about process...

Knowing how scientists work, they are mission based. If they are going to look for water, thats what they are looking for. Nothing else. Mission statement, mission proposal, mission assembly, mission mobilization, and mission accomplished. Yes, they hit golf balls on the moon. Personally Id would have like to have taken a fungo bat and hit hard balls into space. But thats just me.

As for Space neither being hot or cold...Well. Cold is the absence of heat. No sun, no heat. Its damm cold out here if you have no sun. So I guess its a matter of stored heat on the body or planet itself that determines the fluctuation. Taking that into account, the oceans are, and seem to be our regualtor along with the atmoshphere. No ocean, no water, and you have allot more reflected heat, and less of a buffer.

We can learn things about our own planet, and how special it is, by seeing the limitations of inhabiting other planetary bodies.

Im rambling...Its late...2018 is too far away. Give it to a private contractor with that budget, and it would be done in half the time..

As for WMDS on the moon, heres the image I made.. That statement was too damm funny. Yes, tranqulity....Oh well

Thanks for the tip..I was wondering how to post images.

Peace

[edit on 3-10-2005 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
You'd have to be living in a cave to think we didn't go to the Moon.

With all the advancement that came from the program and time spent in it's creation and demise, It's a little unreal that skeptic still exist.

I know one thing, the Russians and Chinese believe we went there.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   

You'd have to be living in a cave to think we didn't go to the Moon.

With all the advancement that came from the program and time spent in it's creation and demise, It's a little unreal that skeptic still exist.

I know one thing, the Russians and Chinese believe we went there.

Well, Bode, I don't live in a cave. I believe in the amazing power of technology. In fact, I believe our government is now able to control the weather.

As to "all the advancement that came from the program," I'd like to know what you mean by that. You mean how spiders are able to spin webs in space, or Tang, or heated tiles that fall off? We don't even know how much radiation there is on the moon or where a good place to land a satellite, let alone a ship, is (which is why we're sending an exploratory mission supposedly in 2008). We have a lot of colorful photos that were produced by virtual reality from Hubbel, pics that fuel the imaginations of the space junkies, but I could have done the same thing by throwing paint or ink on a piece of paper. Same with the pics of the asteroids, and all their "neat" pics. I don't believe much of anyhting they say. Fact is, I believe NOTHING they say. Why? Because they LIE. Each and every single one of the astroNOTS were 33 degree masons -- devil worshippers.

These are not nice people. They lie.

jra

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   

As to "all the advancement that came from the program," I'd like to know what you mean by that. You mean how spiders are able to spin webs in space, or Tang, or heated tiles that fall off?

Firstly. A nitpick. No tiles fell off, it was the foam that fell off and damaged the tiles. Secondly, spiders spinning webs in space would be an experiment, not an advancement.

Here are some real advancements:

Black and Decker was choosen to develop cordless power tools. They had to make a drill that would would be able to go as much as 10 feet into the surface of the moon to get core samples and use as little power as possible. Now a days cordless drills and other such things are very common.

There were also advancements and improvements done to water filtration, smoke detectors, and home insulation. Technologies that were used and improved by NASA and the Companies it contracted to develop these things, eventually made there way into peoples homes.

Light emitting diodes (LED), used for plant experiments on the Space Shuttle, are being used to perform surgery on patients with brain cancer.

There are lots of things that came out of the Space program. All you have to do is look for it. It's not hard.

We don't even know how much radiation there is on the moon or where a good place to land a satellite, let alone a ship, is (which is why we're sending an exploratory mission supposedly in 2008).

Well I don't know if this is correct, but I'd assume we don't know exactly how much radiation is on the Moon because it would be always changing. It all depends on how active the sun is with solar flares and cosmic rays. The Apollo missions were always done in periods of low solar activity.

We have a lot of colorful photos that were produced by virtual reality from Hubbel, pics that fuel the imaginations of the space junkies, but I could have done the same thing by throwing paint or ink on a piece of paper. Same with the pics of the asteroids, and all their "neat" pics.

Firstly, how does "virtual reality" create images? That makes no sense, do you know what virtual reality is? I would like to see you throw some ink and or paint on paper and see how well it holds up. So every image from every telescope everywhere is a fake? What about amature astronomers? They in on it too?

I don't believe much of anyhting they say. Fact is, I believe NOTHING they say. Why? Because they LIE. Each and every single one of the astroNOTS were 33 degree masons -- devil worshippers.

It's up to you what you want to believe. But this is going beyond silly, it's becoming stupid. They were all 33 degree mason devil worshippers? I think you're going to have to show some good sources of info to confirm that. By good, I don't mean some crackpot website that's nothing more than unfounded claims and speculation.

These are not nice people. They lie.

So you've met them have you? You know this for a fact? If not, then who are you to judge their character?

EDIT: Did you find any of those images from differnt Apollo missions that have the same background yet? I'm going to keep bugging you about this.

[edit on 5-10-2005 by jra]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join