It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Northern Hemisphere Nearing Point of No Return on Global Warming.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone

Originally posted by Shaker
After the movie Day After Tomorrow it seems that many mainstream scientists and the like are taking that seriously. Who knows... maybe Hollywood got this right...

If they got that right, what about other movies?

That movie was based on the Art Bell- Whitley Streiber book
The Coming Global Superstorm.
They seem to have been correct for the most part, though I have not read the book, I remember their public collaborations on the contents of it.
See the mini-series by Speilberg called Taken==RAW TRUTH..imo

Cutting Edge thinks the superstorm is coming, and could be just about as Art Bell describes. Art Bell is Illuminati, so he should know.

The global warming is being caused by HAARP. This monster in Alaska is heating up the ionisphere, along with 100 GWEN towers scattered throughout the country. Our government has the technology to control the weather, and is using it to "depopulate" and move people around.

The droughts out west which have just about finished all the farmers, the hurricanes -- the goal is to thin us down to about 10 percent of the total world population and herd us all to the east coast, rewild the rest of the country, tear up the roads and knock down the buildings and give it back to the animals.

To the Illuminati, the world is a big park to them, and they're just doing a little thinning and transplanting.

Katrina was a man-made and man-directed hurricane. And the levees were blown up in order to kill as many of those people as possible.

FEMA has already told us what to expect. The day before 9/11 FEMA announced that three things would result in total U.S. marshal law -- (i.e. no more America the Beautiful) -- an attack on NYC (how prescient of them1), a severe hurricane to Louisiana, and an earthquake to California.

I'm told that earthquake generation is also at the fingertips of the shadow government. I believe the superstorm is coming, and it will kill a lot of people. But it's not Mother Nature trying to purify herself. It's the Illuminati trying to kill most of us so they can control the world a little better than they already are. (some people are never satisfied!)

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Okay, a follow-up on some of the previous discussion. is till have no reference as to the total number of glaciers and cannot remember where I heard that number but still looking. Some of the stuff I am reading is leading to think we are still discovering unknown glaciers.

But to answer the question about the two most popular glaciers that are growing, their names are;

The Pio XI Glacier which is the largest glacier in the southern hemisphere.

and

The Moreno Glacier is the largest glacier in Patagonia.

Some other large ones growing are;

NORWAY
Ålfotbreen Glacier
Briksdalsbreen Glacier
Nigardsbreen Glacier
Hardangerjøkulen Glacier
Hansebreen Glacier
Jostefonn Glacier
Engabreen glacier (The Engabreen glacier
is the second largest glacier in Norway. It is a
part (a glacial tongue) of the Svartisen glacier,
which has steadily increased in mass since the
1960s when heavier winter precipitation set in.)

CANADA
Helm Glacier
Place Glacier
ECUADOR
Antizana 15 Alpha Glacier
SWITZERLAND
Silvretta Glacier
KIRGHIZTAN
Abramov
RUSSIA
Maali Glacier (This glacier is surging. See below)

GREENLAND
Greenland glacier advancing 7.2 miles per year!

NEW ZEALAND
Photos show that all 48 glaciers in the Southern Alps have
grown during the past year. The growth is at the head of the
glaciers, high in the mountains, where they gained more ice
than they lost. Noticeable growth should be seen at the foot
of the Fox and Franz Josef glaciers within two to three
years.(27 May 2003)

UNITED STATES
- Colorado (Geologists exploring Colorado's Rocky Mountain Park say they discovered more than 100 additional glaciers here in a single summer.)

- Washington (Mount St. Helens, Mt. Rainier* and Mt. Shuckson)
- California (scroll down for info)
- Montana

- Alaska (Mt. McKinley and Hubbard).

Source and some good food for thought.

www.iceagenow.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
"Cutting Edge thinks the superstorm is coming, and could be just about as Art Bell describes. Art Bell is Illuminati, so he should know. "

Noted climatologists were on right after the movie aired on TV and said the scenes depicted by the movie would take hundreds if not thousands of years to come to pass.

I guess ya didn't watch that part, huh?

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Mt. Rainier and Mt. Baker were the two that I was referring to, and I think that they were two that were named as growing, and might have been claimed as the only growing glaciers in the US? I am not sure. Mt. Shucksan is in Mt. Baker National Park, and is likely what they meant.

The information I read in the early 80's came from many sources, and the main factor that has affected the accuracy of the global warming model is that the birth rate has dropped more than predicted, which caused a ripple effect skewing all the related numbers. Interestingly, the approx. 25 year old model of what the warming trend would mean showed very clearly that some areas would get increased precipitation, which, at elevations cold enough in the winter, would lead to some glaciers growing. Warming in itself is not disconcerting to me, but the destructive and shortsighted human activities that could be a factor in it need to be addressed.

[edit on 03 22 2005 by BlackGuardXIII]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Just to hit on Antarctica for a tad because it is usually the focus of many of these Ice shelf melting red alerts. Most if not all of the melting and calving were are seeing in Antarctica is happening on the Antarctic Peninsula. That is not typical of the rest of the continent which is actually growing colder and adding 5 feet per year to the snowpack. Many belived the localized warming around the peninsula is geothermal not atmospheric sicne it is a localized climate.

That means upwards of 85% of the entire continent is growing which means factoring that mass along with the other larger growing ice sheets means that upwards of 90% of the entire ice coverage on earth is actually increasing.

Thats not news I relish mind you because I'd actually like to see it go the other way for practical, logical purposes such as more fresh water unlocked and fed into the weather and climate cycle to aid is halting deforestation and dessertification. Yeah, many costal towns will have to receed a bit but thats small potatoes compared to looking accross the Ohio river and seeing a 1 mile high Ice sheet.

I understand that we have localized events of ice sheets and glaciers retreating but that has been going on since the event that deposited it here and will always happen. We must understand that an localized event is not always or hardly ever indicative of the global status.

You all with global warming movement have a win win situation. If they melt, its our fault, if they surge, its our fault. Well, based upon the knowledge that there's a slim chance every natural function on earth will somehow stop, you'll always be right. Ice will always be advancing or retreating. I guess I don't really blame you for hitching your horse to it. Its a great revenue generator, politcal weapon, and all out scare tactic. Now, if you can just keep people from taking highschool geoscience, you'll have em' right on board. I guess thats why you started with hollywood. All emotion, no knowledge.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
"Cutting Edge thinks the superstorm is coming, and could be just about as Art Bell describes. Art Bell is Illuminati, so he should know. "

Noted climatologists were on right after the movie aired on TV and said the scenes depicted by the movie would take hundreds if not thousands of years to come to pass.

I guess ya didn't watch that part, huh?

Such a Superstorm might happen "by chance" down the road. But Cutting Edge and many others in the weather-wars, chemtrails camp are saying the Illuminati knows how to control the weather. If that's the case, we could be experiencing this Superstorm tonight. (God forbid!)

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astronomer68
Astrocreep, I don't think anyone on this board takes the position that global warming is solely the result of man's pollution & tampering. Global warming is however a fact, it is happening. Records over the past 50 years clearly show the trend towards higher global temperatures. The rapid retreat of glaciers around the world, the slowing of the Gulf Stream, the increasing desertification of previously arable land, the huge quantities of fresh water pouring into the artic oceans and the declining ice cover, and other facts all underscore the fact of global warming. What portion of the phenomenon is attributal to mankind is really not very important except to politicians and others who want to proscribe certain human activities in the, probably mistaken, belief the trend will stop, or reverse.

That statement is about as accurate as me saying I have $1 in my bank account. Yes I have $1. But I have other dollars as well. The warming trend started in the area of 10,000 years ago. So in that respect there is global warming. Global warming didn't start 50 years ago or 100 years ago or even 1000 years ago. The rate of warming will accelerate with or without man. This is made possible as reduced ice allows for additional warming. Additional warming melts more ice. The more ice you lose the warmer it can get. Its not that 1 unit of ice loss = 1 unit gain in temperature. 1 unit loss of ice might = 1 unit gain in temperature but 2 units loss in ice may = 3 units increase in temperature and 3 units loss of ice = 5 units gain in temperature. It will over time increase up until a point that something happens with our atmosphere (most likely a superstorm) and a large amount of snow and ice is deposited in short order. Then you are looking at increased ice decreasing the average temperatures. The same thing applies to cooling as it does to warming. The rate of cooling will accelerate as the ice builds up.

Also remember that precipitation patterns will impact ice as well. Also sunlight has an impact. Direct sunlight can evaporate snow or melt it even when the temperatures are below freezing. People in the north know what I'm talking about. Doesn't matter how cold it gets. If you get 10" of snow and you stay below freezing and don't get any more snow you will still see that snowcover erode.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy

Originally posted by Astronomer68
Astrocreep, I don't think anyone on this board takes the position that global warming is solely the result of man's pollution & tampering. Global warming is however a fact, it is happening. Records over the past 50 years clearly show the trend towards higher global temperatures. The rapid retreat of glaciers around the world, the slowing of the Gulf Stream, the increasing desertification of previously arable land, the huge quantities of fresh water pouring into the artic oceans and the declining ice cover, and other facts all underscore the fact of global warming. What portion of the phenomenon is attributal to mankind is really not very important except to politicians and others who want to proscribe certain human activities in the, probably mistaken, belief the trend will stop, or reverse.

That statement is about as accurate as me saying I have $1 in my bank account. Yes I have $1. But I have other dollars as well. The warming trend started in the area of 10,000 years ago. So in that respect there is global warming. Global warming didn't start 50 years ago or 100 years ago or even 1000 years ago. The rate of warming will accelerate with or without man. This is made possible as reduced ice allows for additional warming. Additional warming melts more ice. The more ice you lose the warmer it can get. Its not that 1 unit of ice loss = 1 unit gain in temperature. 1 unit loss of ice might = 1 unit gain in temperature but 2 units loss in ice may = 3 units increase in temperature and 3 units loss of ice = 5 units gain in temperature. It will over time increase up until a point that something happens with our atmosphere (most likely a superstorm) and a large amount of snow and ice is deposited in short order. Then you are looking at increased ice decreasing the average temperatures. The same thing applies to cooling as it does to warming. The rate of cooling will accelerate as the ice builds up.

Also remember that precipitation patterns will impact ice as well. Also sunlight has an impact. Direct sunlight can evaporate snow or melt it even when the temperatures are below freezing. People in the north know what I'm talking about. Doesn't matter how cold it gets. If you get 10" of snow and you stay below freezing and don't get any more snow you will still see that snowcover erode.

Does it bother you that HAARP is bombarding the ionisphere with radiowaves, heating it up, producing a bulge in the ionisphere, possibly tearing it, producing possibly holes in the ozone, on and on? The chemtrails our military is putting up in the sky? The manipulating and playing with the pulsations in the core of the earth and the electrical balance between the ionisphere and earth?

I don't know about you but this makes me really mad. How come we have to get blamed for what's being done to the weather when it's really not us? It's the stinkin' Illuminati government!

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Last I knew HAARP was an array of antennas used to measure the earth's magnetic field. Its a giant magnetometer. Its no different than these large arrays in the desert that are used to monitor radio waves from space. I haven't found anything that leads me to believe it has broadcasting power and certainly not sufficient enough to control weather.

This project from what I have seen is sponsored by the military. This to many implies foul play. I certainly wouldn't trust them. Give someone that wants to harm someone else a blank check and you get bad things. HAARP just isn't that. Why would the military be interested? To me the reasons are obvious. Magnetic storms can cause havok with electronics. You need a system to monitor the events that impact the systems that you depend on. And of course you want to monitor the magnetic field for a possible reversal which could also have national security implications. Right now we don't really know what will happen when the reversal happens but we certainly need to know that its happening.

The government funds the deployment of NEXRAD. It isn't evil. It is a tool used to monitor water based storms. HAARP is a tool used to monitor electromagnetic storms.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
I see the ignorance is flowing freely again. The vast vast majority of scientists all around the world (including the US) agree that man's actions are causing global warming.

We are condeming our children and grandchildren to a very unstable future. We'll be dead and they will have to live with the mess we have created. Look into your childrens eyes the next time you state "It's not our fault so we don't need to do anything".

How many anti man made global warming contributors are there from the above who work as environmental researches ? I'll take a guess : big fat zero!

We are affecting our enviroment, no doubt about it, even the astronauts can see man's 'progress' from LEO.

To say we are responsible for global warming is farfetched. Many true scientists dispute it and many facts are lost by bad science claims. The temperature measurements are disputable among other things.

I dont think global warming will ever be a real problem. Hurricanes have been here well before global warming hit the news hype, as well as all other natural events.

Decades ago global cooling was hyped now look where we are. As far as cooling off goes I want Freon AC's back, R-134A sucks!

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This image taken from space of the Mexican-Guatamalan border shows how the destruction allowed in Mexico does not cross the border.

This is the Source: It's an article about a new nerve center in Panama.

But does Mexican destruction cross our border?

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
Last I knew HAARP was an array of antennas used to measure the earth's magnetic field. Its a giant magnetometer. Its no different than these large arrays in the desert that are used to monitor radio waves from space. I haven't found anything that leads me to believe it has broadcasting power and certainly not sufficient enough to control weather.

This project from what I have seen is sponsored by the military. This to many implies foul play. I certainly wouldn't trust them. Give someone that wants to harm someone else a blank check and you get bad things. HAARP just isn't that. Why would the military be interested? To me the reasons are obvious. Magnetic storms can cause havok with electronics. You need a system to monitor the events that impact the systems that you depend on. And of course you want to monitor the magnetic field for a possible reversal which could also have national security implications. Right now we don't really know what will happen when the reversal happens but we certainly need to know that its happening.

The government funds the deployment of NEXRAD. It isn't evil. It is a tool used to monitor water based storms. HAARP is a tool used to monitor electromagnetic storms.

HAARP does more than monitor. It's not a receiver. It SENDS the waves, it just pours them pulsing by the billion gigawatts into the ionisphere. There are also 100 GWEN towers interspersed throughout the country to augment this evil contraption.

Read www.earthpulse.com...

and lots of other stuff about this. It's NOT a harmless thing. Anything but.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson
...theres nothing we can do except sit back and take it all in.

That says it all. We live on a dynamic planet. The only constant is change.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
"HAARP does more than monitor. It's not a receiver. It SENDS the waves, it just pours them pulsing by the billion gigawatts into the ionisphere. There are also 100 GWEN towers interspersed throughout the country to augment this evil contraption. "

So the object is to destroy the US w/ hurricanes?

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   

"HAARP does more than monitor. It's not a receiver. It SENDS the waves, it just pours them pulsing by the billion gigawatts into the ionisphere. There are also 100 GWEN towers interspersed throughout the country to augment this evil contraption. "

Again bodebliss, if that is the case then how is it possible for Mars and every other planet in our solar system to also be going through global warming as we speak?

Are you saying HAARP also affects the other planets in the solar system? I doubt that.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Actually, yes, it is. The plan is to rewild most of the country and kill all but 10 percent of the population, who will be living in designated parts of the East Coast, most of Pennsylvania. It's time to pull out that old word "Illuminati" and dust it off and start boning up on these people. They're devil worshippers, master racers, heavily into eugenics and think a lot of us aren't fit to live on Planet Earth. They lie, cause most, I mean MOST of all the problems going on in the world today, and blame the working people and famlies trying to make a go of it for all the problems (because we drive cars and use up energy to heat our homes.) In actuality, it is they who are deliberately causing the global warming and destruction to the Planet (by refusing to allow thinning of forests, replanting of burned out forests, by their HAARP and GWEN Tower contraptions, and a host of other things. Not only do they have no regard for human life, they actually relish the demise of anyone they can torture or kill. They kidnap babies and children and adults too -- practice mind control on them, kill most of them, turn the rest into programmed multiple personality slaves.

They are capable of weather control and manufactured and steered Hurricane Katrina directly into New Orleans. When the hurricane didn't do enough damage to suit them they blew up the levees.

Who's in the Illuminati? NASA, the Vatican, Trinity Broadcasting, Pat Robertson and Billy Graham, every president we've had since whenever including George Washington. The Illuminati controls everything -- banking, media, government -- here and abroad. They have many multiple personality mind-controlled slaves who do their bidding, act in the media, journalists and reporters. All the stuff you hear about and discuss on these forums -- the military tunnels in Nevada. They are breeding hybrid creatures, half demon and half human and plan to present these creatures to the world as "aliens from outer space" -- try to make us think they travelled light years to get to us to show us how to have "world peace," and the point is to make people just slavishly follow whatever they say.

We are one natural disaster (or unnatural disaster, whichever you prefer) away from marshal law throughout the nation, people forcibly moved to "detainment centers" aka concentration camps, for "sorting" and reprogramming.

Hopefully the moderator won't kick me off or kill this thread, but you asked me, so I'm just answering your question.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistance

They are capable of weather control and manufactured and steered Hurricane Katrina directly into New Orleans. When the hurricane didn't do enough damage to suit them they blew up the levees.

Katrina missed New Orleans, the damage they suffered was from the outerbands, not the core of the storm. You are in need of a tinfoil hat buddy. If the 'man' wanted to do some damage then we would get a lot more than a few hurricanes. Remember hurricanes have been here before man and it is arrogant and ignorant to say we are the cause of them.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod

Originally posted by resistance

Katrina missed New Orleans, the damage they suffered was from the outerbands, not the core of the storm. You are in need of a tinfoil hat buddy. If the 'man' wanted to do some damage then we would get a lot more than a few hurricanes. Remember hurricanes have been here before man and it is arrogant and ignorant to say we are the cause of them.

I didn't say man was the cause of all the weather. Most all the weather has not been caused by man. But recently man has learned how to control the weather. Unfortunately, this knowledge is not in the hands of benevolent people but in the hands of the Illuminati. Thus, the information will be used to destroy most people on the planet.

I agree New Orleans could have survived Katrina just fine. That's why the Illuminati, probably through FEMA operatives, decided to "help" it along a bit and blow up all the levees.

[edit on 1-10-2005 by resistance]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join