It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Idea - PODcasts on Disc

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Okay, it doesn't seem like a stupid idea in my head, but let me know if you think it is.
I was just downloading my daily PODcasts (which are the coolest thing since the ice age
) and I thought that, pretty soon, I would have to burn them off my hard drive onto disc to save room. This is difficult since I am on dial-up and there is a significant backlog of PODcasts yet to be downloaded.

Then I thought "Wouldn't it be cool if you could get an official ATS CD of PODcasts?" For example, at the end of each year, ATS could offer a CD with a collection of that year's PODcasts on it, with some recapping and reviewing from Springer or S.O. ala Skeptic's Overview. People could buy them for, I don't know, 5 bucks. Or they could alternately cost, like, 10 000 points in the ATS store.

Just a thought and probably not feasible, but what do you guys think?

[edit on 19/9/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
While I have never downloaded a single one (not your fault ATS, slow connection out here in the tundra), I would imagine a years worth of files would encompass a small DVD library. that is unless you were to only choose "the best of"

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
While I have never downloaded a single one (not your fault ATS, slow connection out here in the tundra), I would imagine a years worth of files would encompass a small DVD library. that is unless you were to only choose "the best of"

Sounds like a dare to me.

Okay, limit the PODcasts to ATS-only casts. Now let's see.

We've been PODcasting for 35 days now, with a total of 88 ATS casts, by my count.

So, 35 days = 88 PODcasts.

Extrapolating this, 365 days = 918 casts.

Given that the average size of each PODcast is approximately 2.5 Meg, that makes a yearly total of 2.335 Gigs, which easily fits onto a standard DVD.

I must go now. I have spilt my ear medicine.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Hmm..... just think of the marketing. The best of ATS. I'm liking the idea, just think of how the music section would explode if we tried it.

But no matter what, we need secret thoughs by majic.

join