It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cindy Sheehan Warns Hillary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Seems war mom Cindy Sheehan has turned her sights to someone else -- Hillary Clinton, who has generally been supportive of the War in Iraq. Sheehan has asked to meet with Clinton who has so far not responded.

War protester Cindy Sheehan came to New York last night with a blunt warning for Senator Clinton: End your support for the war in Iraq or else.

Visiting New York City for the first time since leaving her campsite outside President Bush's vacation ranch in Crawford, Texas, Ms. Sheehan told a packed audience in a Brooklyn church that Mrs. Clinton "knows the war is a lie" but because of her political ambitions refuses to voice any opposition.

www.nysun.com...

Interesting turn on events, I bet liberals will drop her like a hot potato now that she's attacking Hillary too

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Cindy is right anybody that has their ambitions to the white house will support the war regardless if is base on lies or not.

Because is not the war what they are supporting but the troops, the sons and daughter, husband and wifes of American.

And their families are the votes and approval that they are looking for.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I bet liberals will drop her like a hot potato now that she's attacking Hillary too

Not everyone can be compartmentalized so easily.

Cindy Sheehan is anti-Iraq-war (if you hadn't noticed) Her platform is neither Democrat nor 'liberal'. It's Anti-Iraq-War.

If Hillary supports this war, then I don't support her either and I'm a 'liberal'. It does get confusing, doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Perhaps I should have inserted "media" in there...anyway, who really thinks she'll get so much coverage or attention if she starts camping outside Hillary's home or offices?

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I think she will get the attention That the media will be willing to give her, and if it in from of hillary's house or offices so beat it.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Well I don't think I really qualify as a liberal (most liberals I talk to dont seem to think so), but Cindy Sheehan is right, Hillary has been a vocal backer of the Iraq war, that in itself means she is not likely to get my vote.

"Liberal" or not, Hillary has been trying to outflank the neocons on the cultural right, with silly things like the phony outrage over video game mods. IMHO she is as cynical as they get. I may be seen as a lefty here, but if it came down to McCain vs. Hillary in '08 I'd go for McCain in a heartbeat...

Bill Clinton may have turned out to be a far better President than we're stuck with now, but frankly I never trusted him worth a damn and Hillary is, if anything, far worse. Both represent a very authoritarian streak in the Democratic Party, I'd expect Hillary to be just as bad as her husband on civil liberties issues and overseas military adventures - granted not nearly as bad as Bush has been.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Interesting turn on events, I bet liberals will drop her like a hot potato now that she's attacking Hillary too

Liberals aren't fans of Hillary. I am because I'm a progressive moderate. Her husband was the best Republican President this nation ever had.

And I still don't care about Sheehan.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Why is it that anybody gives a rats you know what about what she has to say? She is just an angry woman with a one track mind. She has every right to say and do as she pleases; but why is it that the media has become so taken with anything and everything that she is saying?

Nothing she says is different or more profound than what other people have said in the past, so why is anyone paying attention to her in the first place? Sometimes I can't figure out why the media or the public does what they do....

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Who cares?
Cindy Sheehan has had her 15 minutes of fame. The media had run out of storys and for some reason people gave a toss about what CNN/Fox had to say about Cindy.
People there are more important issues to deal with !

It kind of explains why people relected Bush. They dont deal with real issues. Why should anybody care about Cindy somebody?

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Liberals aren't fans of Hillary. I am because I'm a progressive moderate. Her husband was the best Republican President this nation ever had.

The GOP foot soldier thing does have a way of clouding that fact, huh? President Clinton instituted pro-business government like we never saw before......he just didn't Aztec-cut-out-the-heart-of-REAL-social-programs-sacrafice people in the process.
Hillary is in the same mold.
Be careful what you ask for: these are Clintons, they can take a logical perspective and marry it to the ground swell of public opinion, then bludgeon to death Republicans with it. Sheehan getting Hillary to vocalize the wave of disgust over this fake war can be the Tsunami that she'll surf to shore.
I don't give a damn about either party, though. Tactically, now is the time for a third party candidate, a rebel from one of the BIG TWO, to start their name brand recognition and steer the debates.....a fake war for corporate imperialism will be center to that.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Looks like Cindy's protestors got into some trouble with the NYPD:

NEW YORK - Police cut short a speech by anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan and arrested a rally organizer, saying he hadn’t obtained a permit for use of a loudspeaker.

Sheehan, the grieving mother whose 26-day vigil near President Bush’s Texas ranch sparked anti-war protests around the country, had nearly finished her speech Monday when police intervened.

Supporters ushered her away from the rally at Manhattan’s Union Square park as onlookers yelled at police and chanted “Let her speak!”

msnbc.msn.com...

Too bad they arrested the wrong person

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Yes, too bad they got the wrong person. Should have been Hill for doing the hill to get even with Bill........or something like that.

I don't like politicians who move around the state or country just to get elected.

IMHO if their home state can't use them, why should anyone else vote for them? It must be recycling ideas or trying to find a crowd of lame brains.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Poor Cindy needs mental health help. She has needed it for
a long time. No one is getting her to a care facility. Instead
they are feeding her delusions and using her to further their
own RADICAL left 'causes'.

Now she has attacked Hillary. The left whines because Bush
won't meet with her AGAIN (he already has, and at the time
Cindy praised him for it). Now Hillary won't meet with her.
Hypocrites!

Cindy isn't anybody to take serious on any issue.
And she needs serious help.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I don't think Cindy is going to be "bothering" Hillary anymore.

It's amazing how the Ft. Marcy Park hit squad can quickly silence someone.

Don't think so? Compare how long Cindy badgered Bush to how long she will badger Hillary.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It's pretty amazing... The only time I hear anything about Cindy Sheehan these days is when I see some post on here against her. If you want to know "who cares?" look no further than the people who are reading articles about her and posting them here.

Like it or not, she's leading a movement and there are people who care. About her, about her movement, about ending the war. She's pushing politicians to do something about it. Good for her!

As far as an arrest for using a loudspeaker without a permit, that's just laughable! Jees, are they going to arrest everyone who uses their Mr. Microphone in their front yard, now? If that's the worst illegal thing they can catch her supporters doing, then I think that only shows how desperate they are to shut this woman up and shut the Anti-Iraq-War movement down. Most likely because she speaks the truth and is having an impact that they're just not comfortable with.

Loudspeaker without a permit. Pathetic attempt, really.

The upcoming anti-war protest in DC is expected to be 100,000 people strong, surrounding the White House.

Yeah... plenty of people care.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Point taken.

Of course she is free to do as she wishes, and arresting her because she uses a loudspeaker without a permit is ridiculous! Doesn't surprise me though that someone would try that....

I just wanted to know why her and not someone else. She has not been the first nor will she be the last to speak out publicly against this war or our current administration. I really just want to know what it is about her that has caught the publics attention, as she has not really brought anything new to either side of the argument. Just curiuos as to why....

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinta_ilfirin
I just wanted to know why her and not someone else.

Just curiuos as to why....

It's true. It's curious. There have been anti-war protests since this war began.

I suspect it's timing. I suspect that the US people and media were ripe for the emotional and controversial display that this war protest has delivered. I don't doubt that the White House had a part in making it 'news' to draw attention away from Rove's Escapades and the war itself.

If you consider the timing, Bush's poll numbers, the Iraq war losing steam, the emotionalism of soldiers dying, it all makes for fertile ground for a good old-fashioned, chock-full-o-hippies war protest.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Like it or not, she's leading a movement

If she's the leader, they are all in trouble. She's a flake.

there are people who care. About her ...

If they really cared about her they'd get her some mental health help.
The people around her don't care about her. She is a means to an
end. They are using her for their own agenda. It's sad.

Loudspeaker without a permit. Pathetic ...

Yep. That was dumb.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Poor Sheehan. She's just mad because she got over-shadowed by Katrina. Most likely, she'll start making really extreme claims to try to get back the spot-light. Next thing you know, we'll be hearing "Bush is the single worst president in U.S. history".

new topics

top topics

join