It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq: Brit Soldiers Dressed As Arabs In car Packed With Explosives Captured

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
You post a report from SYRIAN TV as your evidence!?
Gee, I guess it must be true if it's on Syrian TV.

EDIT: AND Al Jazeera!? Come on now, what's next the Al Qeada News Bureau?

[edit on 20-9-2005 by 27jd]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
By the way, don't get me wrong, I hate this war as much as anyone...But I know what the Army is like and the British Army would NEVER deliberately bomb civilians (its just not cricket!). they have families too and are normal humans.

For heavens sake, how many missions did the RAF abort because they could not gaurantee that they wouldn't hit civy's?

[edit on 20/9/05 by stumason]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Dear God. Now you're quoting Al-JAZEERA????
Because EVERYONE knows that they aren't biased against the West.

And now it was a boobytrapped car? God this gets better and better. You're telling me that not only can the SAS NOT kill anyone when they blaze away at a crowded market, but they can't even properly boobytrap a car?
Even if they used boobytrap meaning filled with explosives, then where are the pictures of explosives? Not the equipment, the actual EXPLOSIVES. That pile of things they showed would make more of a pop than a boom if you tried to set off a car bomb with it.

[edit on 9/20/2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
In actuality, Al Jazeera is not bias against the west, and if you can find any of thier reports that suggest otherwise, i'd be more than happy to help scold those who would quote them.

Luxifero

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Why don't you just quote the Weekly World News? I bet you can find even better stories there

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Well, Al Jazeera lied outright in that quote, saying people were killed, when they weren't. That's a start, get to scolding. AND they said the car was booby trapped laden with explosives, which was already debunked earlier in this thread.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Well, Al Jazeera lied outright in that quote, saying people were killed, when they weren't. That's a start, get to scolding.

To be fair, the BBC were running with the possible killing of one policeman, but have since dropped it.

And Al-Jazeera does have an anti-west stance, but you shouldn't right it off completely. It has the same credibility as FOX or CNN

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Here are just a few stories they have on their webpage. But I guess you'll just say they're reporting the unbiased truth.
I pay about as much attention to it as I do the Enquirer.

www.aljazeera.com...
www.aljazeera.com...
www.aljazeera.com...

[edit on 9/20/2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
To be fair, the BBC were running with the possible killing of one policeman, but have since dropped it.

This is what Al Jazeera ran:
"They [the two non-Iraqis] then fired at the people there and killed some of them."

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

This is what Al Jazeera ran:
"They [the two non-Iraqis] then fired at the people there and killed some of them."

AJ do have an anti west slant, so that is to be expected. just don't write them off completely. This time though (along with the Beeb for a short while) they jumped the gun and got bits wrong.

It happens though, as with 24hr news services, they are all clammering for for the next big scoop. The BBC (and SKY) got lots wrong during the 7/7 bombings, just because they needed to be the first, so ran with whatever news came out.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

It was a booby-trapped car laden with ammunition and was meant to explode in the centre of the city of Basra in the popular market.

This was also grossly incorrect. I am not a fan of this war, but BS is BS, and Al Jazeera takes the BS cake. This war is wrong on it's own merits, it doesn't need such lies to help it out.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
[size=15]Washington Post

Iraqi security officials on Monday variously accused the two Britons they detained of shooting at Iraqi forces or trying to plant explosives. Photographs of the two men in custody showed them in civilian clothes.

When British officials apparently sought to secure their release, riots erupted. Iraqi police cars circulated downtown, calling through loudspeakers for the public to help stop British forces from releasing the two. Heavy gunfire broke out and fighting raged for hours, as crowds swarmed British forces and set at least one armored vehicle on fire.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel
[size=15]Washington Post

Iraqi security officials on Monday variously accused the two Britons they detained of shooting at Iraqi forces or trying to plant explosives.

They don't even know what they're accusing them of, and the contents of that car were laid out earlier on your thread here, no explosives were present. I'm not sure how deep the corruption of the Iraqi government is, but I'm sure it's pretty deep.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
the key to that last post is such:

Iraqi security officials on Monday variously accused the two Britons they detained of shooting at Iraqi forces or trying to plant explosives.

See the bold text...

They don't know what the guys were detained for....

Like I said earlier, Shia Militia loyal Police took them as bargaining chips due to the arrest of two local leaders. It's really that simple folks.....

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
ACCUSED and SHOOTING AT Notice though how your link doesn't say ANYTHING about the two killing anyone. Now if they were SAS, which they've admitted to being, I'm pretty sure they could hit what they were shooting at, and kill quite a few people if they wanted to.

Notice also that the POLICE started the riot. And this is when they were ORDERED TO RELEASE them by the Iraqi government.

Notice this part too in your link there

Witnesses said they saw Basra police exchanging fire with British forces. Sadr's Mahdi Army militia joined in the fighting late in the day, witnesses said. A British military spokesman, Darren Moss, denied that British troops were fighting Basra police.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Well, Al Jazeera lied outright in that quote, saying people were killed, when they weren't. That's a start, get to scolding. AND they said the car was booby trapped laden with explosives, which was already debunked earlier in this thread.

It was not debunked.

It was denied.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Then maybe you can point out the "explosives" in the picture that you were looking at that shows them after they were removed from the car. Because *I* sure didn't see any. Do you know much they put into car bombs? A lot more than would be in that tiny little pile of stuff they showed.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Then maybe you can point out the "explosives" in the picture that you were looking at that shows them after they were removed from the car. Because *I* sure didn't see any. Do you know much they put into car bombs? A lot more than would be in that tiny little pile of stuff they showed.

Yeah, a car bomb is usually in the 250-500lb of explosive range....

Thats alot of explosive....

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   

You post a report from SYRIAN TV as your evidence!?
Gee, I guess it must be true if it's on Syrian TV.

EDIT: AND Al Jazeera!? Come on now, what's next the Al Qeada News Bureau?

Yes, Syrian TV, and Al Jazeera.

The posts were on topic, and show that the reports are widespread.

There are at least two sides to every story, and you can always expect the Brits to lie...

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   

and you can always expect the Brits to lie...

Why?

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join