It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq: Brit Soldiers Dressed As Arabs In car Packed With Explosives Captured

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
There are various forms of Undercover here. There's the "Hi guys, I'm a white mercenary from Russia that wants to fight with you.", and there's the "Hi, I'm not from the army, I'm just a guy out looking to buy things" where they go to the market and walk around trying to see what they can overhear, and pick up.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
OK, forgive me if I missed it, but no one seems to be asking the following question:

Just how undercover could two white guys be in Iraq?

Bosnians are muslim and white, besides they're not fresh from the rainy wetlands white, they have spent some time in the sun. Also, we don't know the extent of their "costumes", if they were wearing headwraps, etc. It would be difficult to tell an extremely tan white bearded man in muslim dress from an arabic bearded man in muslim dress.

Sure, I understand they could be posing as 'rogue' or 'corrupt' or 'disillusioned' british troops, mercenaries of some sort or other, maybe even russians, but let's face it, at the end of the day, even these sorts aren't going to be trusted at any significant level by any insurgents worth their salt.

I doubt they were pulling any "Team America" interaction, they were probably just observing police activities from a distance, and caught somebody's suspicious eye.

Clearly, if they are SAS, they were up to something important and consequential, but I can't figure out just what it is they were doing that couldn't have been done by normal troops or police, given that they aren't arabic.

SAS are trained to operate in small teams, without immediate back up and minimal supplies.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Video mirrored here for download:

zupload.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Man, hopefully we can keep this quiet and move along as if nothing happened.

Zip

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

But the Milita didn't get them did they... It was supposed to be the police that arrested them - why did they illegally hand them over to some Militia group?

They were 'rescued' from the jail.

Did someone say the police handed over the jail, or are you misquoting the BBC article.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
There are various forms of Undercover here. There's the "Hi guys, I'm a white mercenary from Russia that wants to fight with you.", and there's the "Hi, I'm not from the army, I'm just a guy out looking to buy things" where they go to the market and walk around trying to see what they can overhear, and pick up.

Did you see their pictures?

Huey and Dewey were not fooling anyone except at a distance under cover of their beards, and I would assume sunglasses.

No one was going to believe they were arabs.

When you want to get inside Iraqi liberation groups you send in Arabs, not white boys.....

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
So you think that the only foreigners in Iraq are military? Their mission could have been to go to the market, and act like workers on a day off and do some "shopping" and listen for anything the might need to know. Non-military foreigners ARE in Iraq, and they DO go out into the markets at times. How do you KNOW their mission was to infiltrate a resistance group? Like I said, there are various forms of undercover, and intel gathering. You'd be surprised what you can just overhear if you're in the right place at the right time.

No, they were NOT rescued from the jail. Did you not see any of the links but the ones that said what you wanted them to say? The two men were arrested by police, and when the British went to the jail, after the police were ordered to release them, they weren't there. They found them at a militia safehouse.

[edit on 9/20/2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel

But the Milita didn't get them did they... It was supposed to be the police that arrested them - why did they illegally hand them over to some Militia group?

They were 'rescued' from the jail.

Did someone say the police handed over the jail, or are you misquoting the BBC article.

The soldiers were arrested by police and then handed over to a militia group, the British Army says.

Iraq's interior ministry ordered the police force in Basra to release the soldiers but that order was ignored.

Mr Reid said surveillance had established the men were being moved to another location, while at the same time an angry crowd posed an obstacle to the departure of the six-strong team.

The British commander on the ground, Brigadier John Lorimer, ordered British forces to move into the police station to help the team.

Almost simultaneously, a separate operation was staged to rescue the men from the place where they had been moved to.

It is understood force was also used in this operation, although there were no casualties as the Shia militia holding the British soldiers fled.

news.bbc.co.uk..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">
news.bbc.co.uk...

Did you bother reading the latest updates, or are you just quoting me out of context because you can't be bothered to do any research and keep up with events?

Oh wait don't tell me, they have changed the story because the iron grip the government has on the media only comes into action when they defend our actions, but it is slack when the media story appears to condemn us.

[edit on 20-9-2005 by AgentSmith]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Did you bother reading the latest updates,

No, I had not read through all of my thread before I began replying.

A lot was posted since last night.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Huey and Dewey were not fooling anyone except at a distance under cover of their beards, and I would assume sunglasses.

That's what I said all along, they were most likely on an observation mission.

When you want to get inside Iraqi liberation groups you send in Arabs, not white boys.....

And you do the same when you are trying to make it look like Arabs are shooting randomly at police and civilians, you don't send valuable, highly trained men to do something a couple Arab mercenaries could do just as easily. Those men were gathering intelligence and did not intend to get into a shootout, that's obvious to anybody with sense.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

So you think that the only foreigners in Iraq are military? Their mission could have been to go to the market, and act like workers on a day off and do some "shopping" and listen for anything the might need to know. Non-military foreigners ARE in Iraq, and they DO go out into the markets at times.

Even in Baghdad the white foreigners all stay in the green zone unless they are traveling with security.

There are no white boy tourists running around in Basra.

The few foreigners would all be Arabs, and likely had family that lived there.

White boys dressed as Arabs do not walk around the market listening to gossip.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
You know this for a fact? Considering that until recently Basra was very quiet and calm. But you know for a fact what every foreigner in the country does everywhere?

Oh, and that was just an example of what they MIGHT have been doing btw. Just to show that there were OTHER things they could have been doing instead of trying to infiltrate a resistance group.

[edit on 9/20/2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah_John
False flag ops don't make sense - that can't be a motive. The main threat to continued presence in the country is lack of Western support due to the ongoing conflict.

False Flag ops makes perferct sense when you understand who the real target is.
YOU!

The purpose is to convince the citizens of the occupying nations that troops need to stay.

Defaming resistance fighters - doesn't make sense either, because there are plenty of real Arabs who do this for cash at the drop of a hat, and they look a lot more authentic than white guys with beards.

See above....

Here's an idea - they were doing legitamite undercover work to help uncover terrorists.

Did you see those guys?

They couldn't pass for Arabs at a costume party...

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Did you bother reading the story where the local police chief also says that he trusts at the most 25% of the force there? Maybe they were driving around observing, trying to watch the police to look for evidence they were working with the militia. You're not going to drive around unarmed.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Not sure what the fuss is here. Seems to me it is pretty straightforward, if you actually take the time to read reports about it:

1)SAS on an Observation/reccy mission. no need for them to look Arabic, just to blend in enough not to stick out.

2) Two prominent Shia men, suspected of supporting insurgents are arrested, not related to obbo mission.

3) Shia protest and start rioting.

4) Police notice the two, unusual non-Arabs wandering around Basra and, being loyal to the Shia Militia, decided that they would be a good bargaining tool and kidnap them. The SAS try to fight back but are outgunned and surrender, knowing that backup isn't far away.

5) Army intelligence is aware of what is happening and tracks the Police/SAS.

6) Army try to negotiate their release, but is caught up in the rioting. Two Warriors are set alight.

7) Army intelligence sees the men get transferred to local militia group.

8) Army Colonel gives the order to rescue the men, what with the insurgent propensity to chop peoples heads off.

9) ATS'ers of the slightly too deranged mind start saying that they are in fact Zionist/Jew/NWO operatives out to kill Iraqi's and frame the Insurgents to make them look bad, adding in lies like they were arrested in a car full of explosives.

See....nothing too it if you just look at the facts.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
[size=30]Syrian TV

And in a significant incident in the city of Basra, which is also marking the same religious event, Iraqi demonstrators set fire to two British tanks near a police station after Iraqi police had arrested two British soldiers disguised in civilian clothes for opening fire on police. Eight armoured British vehicles surrounded the police station before the eruption of the confrontations. A policeman at the scene said the two detained Britons were wearing traditional Iraqi jallabahs [loose cloaks] and wigs.

For more details about this development in Basra, we have on the line with us our correspondent in Baghdad Ziyad al-Munajjid. Ziyad, good evening.

[Al-Munajjid] Good evening, Nidal.

[Zaghbur] What are the dimensions of this incident in light of the increasing operations against civilians and places of worship to create sedition among the Iraqis?

[Al-Munajjid] In fact, Nidal, this incident gave answers to questions and suspicions that were lacking evidence about the participation of the occupation in some armed operations in Iraq. Many analysts and observers here had suspicions that the occupation was involved in some armed operations against civilians and places of worship and in the killing of scientists. But those were only suspicions that lacked proof. The proof came today through the arrest of the two British soldiers while they were planting explosives in one of the Basra streets. This proves, according to observers, that the occupation is not far from many operations that seek to sow sedition and maintain disorder, as this would give the occupation the justification to stay in Iraq for a longer period.

[Zaghbur] Ziyad al-Munajjaid in Baghdad, thank you very much.

www.globalresearch.ca...

[edit on 20-9-2005 by ArchAngel]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Too bad some just aren't willing to see such obvious logic stumason, I've been trying to get the same points across all day, but they just fly right over the heads of some, because they don't want it to be the case. But it clearly is.

There are no white boy tourists running around in Basra.

White boys dressed as Arabs do not walk around the market listening to gossip.

I take offense to the term "white boy", it should be recognized as what it is, a racial slur. You seem to be throwing it around quite a bit here. These are not boys, they are special forces, they are men.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Wow, this must be one of the most overhyped stories I've seen on ATS in a while...obviously they were undercover planning something against the enemy terrorists, not suicide bombers on a "false flag" operation....sheesh :shk:

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   

[size=30]Syrian TV

And in a significant incident in the city of Basra, which is also marking the same religious event, Iraqi demonstrators set fire to two British tanks near a police station after Iraqi police had arrested two British soldiers disguised in civilian clothes for opening fire on police. Eight armoured British vehicles surrounded the police station before the eruption of the confrontations. A policeman at the scene said the two detained Britons were wearing traditional Iraqi jallabahs [loose cloaks] and wigs.

For more details about this development in Basra, we have on the line with us our correspondent in Baghdad Ziyad al-Munajjid. Ziyad, good evening.

[Al-Munajjid] Good evening, Nidal.

[Zaghbur] What are the dimensions of this incident in light of the increasing operations against civilians and places of worship to create sedition among the Iraqis?

[Al-Munajjid] In fact, Nidal, this incident gave answers to questions and suspicions that were lacking evidence about the participation of the occupation in some armed operations in Iraq. Many analysts and observers here had suspicions that the occupation was involved in some armed operations against civilians and places of worship and in the killing of scientists. But those were only suspicions that lacked proof. The proof came today through the arrest of the two British soldiers while they were planting explosives in one of the Basra streets. This proves, according to observers, that the occupation is not far from many operations that seek to sow sedition and maintain disorder, as this would give the occupation the justification to stay in Iraq for a longer period.

[Zaghbur] Ziyad al-Munajjaid in Baghdad, thank you very much.

www.globalresearch.ca...

[edit on 20-9-2005 by ArchAngel]

Hmmmm...Syrian TV? Right, and they are going to be trustworthy and non-biased.....

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
[size=20]Al-Jazeera satellite TV

If you really want to look for truth, then we should resort to the Iraqi justice away from the British provocations against the sons of Basra, particularly what happened today when the sons of Basra caught two non-Iraqis, who seem to be Britons and were in a car of the Cressida type. It was a booby-trapped car laden with ammunition and was meant to explode in the centre of the city of Basra in the popular market. However, the sons of the city of Basra arrested them. They [the two non-Iraqis] then fired at the people there and killed some of them. The two arrested persons are now at the Intelligence Department in Basra, and they were held by the National Guard force, but the British occupation forces are still surrounding this department in an attempt to absolve them of the crime.

www.globalresearch.ca...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join