It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

telekinesis videos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Heh. I would love to believe that. Now all that guy has to do is walk down to a lab and repeat those same results in an extremely controlled and monitored environment.

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The first video is quite convincing. People debunk the psi wheel because of wind currents. This person has enclosed the psi wheel so that it could not be effected by air movement. Cool videos. I ran a search in the past, but was unable to find any. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mastervampire
www.psipog.net...
www.psipog.net... -that one is cool!
www.psipog.net...
www.psipog.net...
www.psipog.net...

Parlor tricks.

These illusions can be achieved by simply breathing. The audience is watching the paper or tinfoil balanced on the pin, and doesn't notice the magician sighing while shaping his breath to move the paper.

For the one that is covered in glass, it doesn't take much air to do this. All one needs to do is lift the glass a tiny bit to let some air underneath, and the tinfoil will move.

Try it. Practice it. I can do it, you can too. It's a neat trick to amuse children.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Parlor tricks.

These illusions can be achieved by simply breathing. The audience is watching the paper or tinfoil balanced on the pin, and doesn't notice the magician sighing while shaping his breath to move the paper.

That's a pretty sharp eye =) In the last video link, "themandarin", if you watch the symbol on his t-shirt you can clearly see deep chest movement consistent with diaphragmatic breathing. Coincidentally enough the slip of paper on the pin also moves. Its a slight detail but if you look for it, you will notice it. It is certainly out of place considering that the man is sitting down and his face and neck are out of view (conveniently enough). You use the same style of breathing to play the trumpet. It carries a good deal of force.

I do believe that telekinesis is possible, unfortunately there are alot of charlatans out there trying to make a point, get attention, and/or get paid. It makes the REAL telekinetic folks even tougher to find.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Not as sharp as you might think. I've a collection of magick books on my bookshelf, and this trick is among them.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mycroft

Not as sharp as you might think. I've a collection of magick books on my bookshelf, and this trick is among them.

I once saw something on television, there's was a guy who could perform telekinesis, and one guy who's a streetmagician, they both could do the trick with the psy wheel under a glass, the only difference was the streetmagician did a trick (don't ask me how he did it??) and the other guy did TK, that last one couldn't understand how the magician could do it without being 'flushed out' afterwards, it took the normal guy a lot of effort and concentration and was amazed about the magician.

Damn how do you perform such a trick, you can't blow against it, there's a glass over it, one should think this is only possible with TK, but it looks like it isn't.

Mycroft, do they also put a glass above it? I'd really want to know how this can be possible without TK.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienaddicted
Mycroft, do they also put a glass above it? I'd really want to know how this can be possible without TK.

You will notice that he is holding the glass with his hands. If you ignore the paper and watch the glass, it moves.

All he needs to do is lift the glass a tiny bit, not even enough to be seen. When you blow, blow at the table, and the air will be carried under the glass to move the paper.

Try it, it works. With practice you can make the motions subtle enough that an observer will not see them.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 04:23 AM
link   
But I can clearly remember the two people on the tv-program moving the psy wheel weren't touching the glass !!

nor the TK-guy, nor the magician

And when I say the psy wheel was spinning..., it was almost like it could fly away at such speed, really !

I know, it was on television, but it pretty impressed me.

I'd better start trying myself

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I don't know about the TV show you saw. The whole point of a magic trick is to convince the viewer he's seeing something he isn't really seeing, so eyewitness accounts after the fact are usually not helpful in figuring out how a trick is done.

Also, a good magician often will often have more than one way to perform an illusion. In close-up magick, a magician asked to do a trick a second time will demure, but satisfy an audience by performing a similar trick but with a different method. This is done to maximize the mystery (entertainment value) and protect the secrets of the trade.

Is there such a thing as real telekenesis? I doubt it. If there is, then the Amazing Randi still has his million dollar reward availabe for someone who can prove it.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Is there such a thing as real telekenesis? I doubt it. If there is, then the Amazing Randi still has his million dollar reward availabe for someone who can prove it.

Is that a joke?

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
How can anybody be fooled by such tricks. Show me something that cant be moved by air or a magnet at least...like a cinder block. That would get my attention!

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   

HAHA
alienaddicted, yes it's a joke. Randi is hardly amazing! Anyone with half a brain should know that the "million dollar challenge" is a marketing ploy; nothing more and nothing less.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Hmm. Not convinced. The most believable would be the one enclosed in glass. Although someone mentioned here that it wouldn't take much air for it to move inside, there's no clear evidence of the bowl being raised or moved.

As for the others. The pen and tinfoil/paper - it wouldn't take much to blow through a straw and get them to move. Heck, the shape of the paper/tinfoil even adds to it - the way it's folded creates vanes, as it were, that would catch any draft.

Show me right here in front of me, on my coffee table, and I'll be convinced - of these particular cases at least.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienaddicted

Is that a joke?

No joke. That million dollar reward has been available for years.

Randi is a former stage magician who has dedicated himself to exposing hoaxes and frauds. Everthing from ESP to bending spoons or weeping statues, he exposes by reproducing the effects and challenging the hoaxter to also reproduce the effects under conditions where a stage magician wouldn't be able to use his tricks.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I have to disagree, Mycroft. Perhaps you didn't see my above post. I am going to post a few links in regards to this 'million dollar challenge'. But first, let me explain that James Randi seems to be most interested in debunking psychics and the validity behind their so called 'gift'. I'm not a believer in psychics and have expressed in another thread regarding AngelaLadyS, that this is probably because I do not have a relationship with a 'psychic' that would allow me to obtain direct knowledge. Randi continues to dismiss the afterlife, which as some of you know that I'm a firm believer in (ghosts). His challenge is NOT attainable from this standpoint..How can an EXTREMELY controlled experiment validate the existence of ghosts? It cannot. Try telling a ghost what to do.
On the other hand, there have been applicants to the 'million dollar challenge' that never made it past the preliminary testing. In fact, no one has made it past the preliminary exam. Hmm, maybe that's because the parameters are setup in such a way that no one could pass?! Anyhow, I've read reports where Randi has expressed his opinions in a very vicious and vile manner. This type of response is not respectable and I find Randi repulsive. Below is a quote from one of the links that I am going to post. Is it true? I believe so.

"Mr. Randi you're a fraud", whereupon he staggered back and stammered, "And you, you, you, you're ugly," to which the lady responded as he disappeared backwards through the double doors, "But at least I'm honest".

Perhaps more people should respond to HIS accusations of fraud in that manner. Please notice that he did not deny the accusation that HE is a fraud. I understand this could all be hearsay, but it does seem like your typical Randi response.

Last quote seen here

In all fairness, here is a link to Randi's challenge (minus requirements..lol)

James Randi's Million Dollar Challenge

Here's an interesting one. This gentleman is a lawyer and is offering $1 million to one that can "rebut the evidence for the existence of the afterlife". One might think it would be more difficult to disprove the existence of an afterlife rather than claim Randi's million. But, I'm not convinced Randi's million is up for grabs.

Victor Zammit Million Dollar Challenge

Enjoy!

[Edited on 9/13/2003 by Bangin]

[Edited on 9/13/2003 by Bangin]

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Is the editing feature flawed?

Just to cover all the bases, Randi has exposed frauds. He has contributed to this task and that is great. I still think his challenge is bogus. Also in the quote posted above, he was reportedly drunk. Remember the saying, 'a drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts'?

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Parlor tricks.

For the one that is covered in glass, it doesn't take much air to do this. All one needs to do is lift the glass a tiny bit to let some air underneath, and the tinfoil will move.

Try it. Practice it. I can do it, you can too. It's a neat trick to amuse children.

This is one of the reasons I use coins and pencils, etc. for practice...
Would be interesting to do this in a laboratory...though it would be difficult to be relaxed...I'd be willing to give it a go...
(as long as the researchers are patient, and don't want to cut me up, hehe...
)

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Randi is a fraud... This should be more wide known...

I repeat. James Randi is a fraud.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The last links in that topic aren't there anymore, so I had to dig 'em up out of the webarchive. (slow loading)

web.archive.org...://survivalscience.org/debunk/csicopandrandi.shtml

web.archive.org...://survivalscience.org/debunk/torandi-1.shtml

web.archive.org...

web.archive.org...://survivalscience.org/debunk/remoteviewing.shtml

top topics

join