It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Donate Please - U.S Asks Public To Dig Deep To Rebuild Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Give the bill to Exxon, I gave to the local foodbank already.

www.firstfoodbank.org...

[edit on 20-9-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 04:51 AM
link   
The Bush administration should of done this a long time ago, now it's too little, too late. The invasion and occupation of Iraq should of been sold like WWII. Free Iraq bonds, clothing collections for Iraqi children, a sense of community and patriotism, everyone pitching in. The Bush administration has never supported the troops or the Iraqi people since day one, it's a little late to try to rally people around the flag.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Is this a joke?

The most powerful country in the world and richest may i add, asking the public for money to rebuild a country they attacked and against the majority of the publics wishes.

The amount of money they spent to go to war with this country is unimaginable and that money could have been spent to rebuild Iraq 10 times over.

What a load of shiite.

Thats just like me intentionally blowing up my house and asking all my friends and family to donate some money to me, im sure the money would be flowing into my bank account.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The truly terrible thing is that, because of the stupidity of this war, as being waged by Bushy and the Wild Boys, there are people suffering badly in America and Iraq, both.

I'm contributing where and when I can to help with the rebuild of Louisiana, et al.... I am contributing here in my home area to assist with folks who are down on their luck... I am contributing to the war effort by payment, timely, and correctly, of my Federal Taxes.

I lost my job to an Arabian type fellow in Canada, when IBM decided to move the jobs to Canada. I trained this fellow to do my job.. I used to take on all the nasty projects that no one else at IBM wanted to deal with... Such as helping to square around the Add-Move-Change procedures and processes between IBM and Enron (Now there's a name that should ring a bell). I put in many extra uncompensated hours. I was at work damn near every day that the doors were open. I was loyal. IBM, unfortunately, didn't see the need to reciprocate to me, or the many others who were in the same boat when the jobs were moved to foreign countries. I was given a package that consisted of a certain amount of pay for every six months of continuous employment... And a few other "PERQ"s that have since expired. Gee...

This all happened aftere 9/11... Due to the dearth of employment in the local area, IBM managed to call me back, but as a contractor, with a considerably lighter pay check, no health benefits, no sick days, no vacation, no pay for days missed of any type. If I ain't there, I ain't gettn' paid. Makes it tougher to decide when to do things like take a vacation, or be very, very ill.... For instance, I had knee surgery, and was back to work in a week ... Couldn't afford time to recuperate. Now, my knee twinges and doesn't support even as well as it did before the surgery, when it was injured. Find a different job you say? Well... If there were jobs that were paying commensurate with skill, I'd be out the door... Or off like a prom dress, as the case may be.

The list of slaps to me as a loyal employee and as a loyal American goes on and on...

Now... People in my own country who are displaced, who haven't a job that makes them a "living" wage, who don't have the opportunity to educate themselves, who are paying outrageous prices for medicine and health care, because they cannot afford insurance, are needing help... Children are starving to death ... I'm better off than many of them, so I give to worthy causes....

Insofar as the war in Iraq. I supported it, at first. Then evidence that Bushy and the Wild Boys lied about reasons for the war, and once again, we are putting people in Harm's Way, to line the pockets of certain people in our country ...

Frankly, Contribute???? Nah... Iraq, and Bushy and the Wild Boys can all kind of chooose up sides and kiss my butt.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This sounds kind of familier. Anybody ever hear of a play called "The Mouse That Roared"? A little country that is in economic trouble declares was on the US figuring that the US rebuilds every it goes to war against. They figure that they will declare war and then surrender and be rebuilt. Now I know why North Korea and Venezuela are talking trash.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The evils of our times never cease to amaze me at how gullible those in power think we Americans are.........

Fight terrorists halfway around the World but let them and millions of illegal immigrants walk through our swiss cheese borders...........when 80% of Americans want that border closed...........

Submit your power lusting greed as a politician to the financial campaign and lobby influence of mulitnational corporations that supercede our consitutional values, threaten our national security and deplete the working class of this country and other white collar support roles to the slave labor wages of outsourcing..........

and now contribute to rebuilding an oil reserve rich country with our own personal capital while American mulitinational corporations stand to make a fortune within the energy sector of society??

Is Bush and the rest of congress on crack????

Or are they just that evil and hating of America and its constitution???

Or are we that manipulated by mulitinational corporations at such high government levels so completely??

Or is it all of the above.......??

I was born in 1954 and let me tell you...............I am so disgusted in this country as it is today and the lack of leadership of it that I believe we Americans should do exactly what Thomas Jefferson told us to do in the second paragraph of the Declaration of Indepence.......

.........Topple this government that no longer serves the people of this country and create a new one!!!

As a person who is a passivist by nature and has never owned a gun nor would ever hunt an animal, I never though I'd ever say this but...........

Listen America............don't let this government ever....I mean ever.......take away your rights to own a gun!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I can't help it!!!

they're kidding right? it's a late april fools joke, or maybe an early one...they can't be serious!!
the money that has already be given to "rebuild Iraq", the billions of dollars, where the heck is it? what good has it done? give us a full accounting of that money, then maybe, just maybe, I'll give them more.
God, I'll never vote republican again!!! They must be insane!

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I wouldn't send a dime to Iraq. We have enough problems here to take care of. We need to fix our school system and help those who have been made homeless by Katrina and who will be made homeless by Rita. We need to take care of our homeless and defend America by defending our borders. Iraq is simply not my problem. Let the insurgents fix it since they love the land so much and want us out.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
They're up to a whooping $600 as the Guardian picks up on the story. Not much more than the price of two iPods:

Bush plea for cash to rebuild Iraq raises $600

Mark Townsend in Houston
Sunday September 25, 2005

The public's reluctance to contribute much more than the cost of two iPods to the administration's attempt to offer citizens 'a further stake in building a free and prosperous Iraq' has been seized on by critics as evidence of growing ambivalence over that country.

This coincides with concern over the increasing cost of the war. More than $30 billion has been appropriated for the reconstruction. Initially, America's overseas aid agency, USaid, expected it to cost taxpayers no more than $1.7bn, but it is now asking the public if they want to contribute even more.

It is understood to be the first time that a US government has made an appeal to taxpayers for foreign aid money. Contributors have no way of knowing who will receive their donations or even where they may go, after officials said details had be kept secret for security reasons.

The website:
www.iraqpartnership.org...

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by psyopswatcher
They're up to a whooping $600 as the Guardian picks up on the story.

But Bush gave all those tax cuts to billionaires. Why isn't this fund glutted with all that money put back in "the system" to trickle down and build bridges out of rainbows and good will from the private sector.

Surely you don't mean those deep Bush tax cuts for the top 1% was a shortsighted bad idea. I'm sure Halliburton will do all this work for free anyway. No need to worry.

[edit on 25-9-2005 by RANT]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by psyopswatcher
They're up to a whooping $600 as the Guardian picks up on the story. Not much more than the price of two iPods:

This is why alcohol is evil. Some poor fool got drunk and blew $600 on something that he didn't understand. He's looking at his bank account and thinking "What did I spend $600 on?" lol. I guess most people figure that country has been a big enough drain on our system. Why send more?

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
This sounds kind of familier. Anybody ever hear of a play called "The Mouse That Roared"? A little country that is in economic trouble declares was on the US figuring that the US rebuilds every it goes to war against. They figure that they will declare war and then surrender and be rebuilt. Now I know why North Korea and Venezuela are talking trash.

My sister played Grand Duchess Gloriana in her high school production of "The Mouse That Roared" in 1980. A part played by Peter Sellers along with the parts of Prime Minister Count Rupert Mountjoy and Tully Bascombein in the 1959 movie. I remember this because my mom donated her silver tea service for the props--I got stuck polishing it!

TMTR was also a required reading in my hs Problems of Democracy class along with The Ugly American, Orwell's 1984 and Animal Farm. Do they even teach POD anymore?

First published in 1958, The Ugly American became a runaway national bestseller for its slashing exposé of American arrogance, incompetence, and corruption in Southeast Asia. Based on fact, the book's eye-opening stories and sketches drew a devastating picture of how the United States was losing the struggle with Communism in Asia. Combining gripping storytelling with an urgent call to action, the book prompted President Eisenhower to launch a study of our military aid program that led the way to much-needed reform.

So much for Ike's study of reform...

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

So the corporatocracy raped, pillaged, and gutted Iraq - appropriated and privatized all of Iraq's business - billions went to Halliburton alone - and now, taxpayers are being asked to clean up the mess....

Too funny for words.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Hey, look at this way. When we rebuild Iraq (which we will), and another government comes into power that we don't like, we can always go over there and blow the country to smithereens again.

Tell me. Just what fun is it in blowing up something that is already destroyed? There is none. Rebuild it. Destroy it. Rebuild it again just to be destroyed. That's the cycle of life.

Or maybe we could rebuild it and Iran will get jealous and attack Iraq and we would have more than a legitimate reason to attack Iran.

[edit on 25/9/05 by Intelearthling]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Hey, look at this way. When we rebuild Iraq (which we will), and another government comes into power that we don't like, we can always go over there and blow the country to smithereens again.

Tell me. Just what fun is it in blowing up something that is already destroyed? There is none. Rebuild it. Destroy it. Rebuild it again just to be destroyed. That's the cycle of life.

Or maybe we could rebuild it and Iran will get jealous and attack Iraq and we would have more than a legitimate reason to attack Iran.

Create jealousy, ha! Now why didn't I think of that?! Takes a true machiavellian mind to come up with that.

A little nuke power in Iran could take care of it nicely too, wouldn't you think? Give the Iranian people a proud land they know they built for themselves? Or with help offered out of Friendship?

I wonder how the bin Laden family is making out in the construction boom? Must have a few Funnel, Inc's (brokers) hoops to jump thru.

Something about... 'goes the spoils'?

The war planners did a good job on this. And the capitalists are doing just what they had in mind once they got in power.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
In a non-secular society like Iraq is becoming. All mosques should be licensed and have there licenses revoked if they do not post rights and responsibility posters printed by the Iraqi government.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join