It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when can we put up signs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
heya all, i have asked a few people and they have the same question.
when can we put up signs for the up coming elections?

no one has done so yet, but i think they all wanted to be sure before they put anything up.

can you tell me please when we can put up signs.

thanks

oni x x

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
You can put up signs whenever you like. What would you put up though? Has there been any nominations yet or are you gonna put up signs for someone you want to be nominated to the party of your favor?

You could see it as "the sooner the better" in reference to getting the world out about potential presidential candidates. I think it's just a matter of preference.

You are talking about the 2008 Presidential Election right?

Edit: Whoops, nevermind. Just realized this was in the Questions and Business forum. I'm guessing you mean ATS Counselor elections or something related. My wrong!

[edit on 9/19/2005 by SkyFox2]

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oni x x
heya all, i have asked a few people and they have the same question.
when can we put up signs for the up coming elections?

no one has done so yet, but i think they all wanted to be sure before they put anything up.

can you tell me please when we can put up signs.

thanks

oni x x

Yoou put them in your sig line like you have now only insert the one you want in its place

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I think Oni x x is refering to the ATS elections.

You can place signs in your siganture just like we did last election I suppose.

Now here is a question, how do you get images into you signature???

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Sign, Sign, Everywhere A Sign

As far as I know, there are no restrictions against Council candidates campaigning however they like, as long as they don't violate the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use.

If there are problems, then the staff may implement some guidelines or restrictions, but I have seen no talk of that.

Of course, I advise candidates to remember that obnoxious is not necessarily better.

It is good to let other members know you're running and give them reasons to vote for you, but watch out: ATSers are notoriously hostile to slick talk and "politricks".

Just be yourself, have fun, don't take any of this too seriously, and that's the best strategy I think any Council candidate can choose.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
That sounds reasonable. But the question remains, how do you get images and hyperlinks in your signature? If you wish you can give me a link to the topic or explain how to please. It will be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Sorry for any typos and missunderstandings, I'm using a MS-DOS based web browser so navigating is a bit difficult and reading is choppy.

See for your self.

Good thing this is only temporary.

[edit on 9/19/2005 by GoldEagle]

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Here ya go

(I'd have more of a platform, but I just can't bring myself to actually do this politically...I'm relying more on laughter and donuts. They seem to work. Heh)

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   

goldeagle
That sounds reasonable. But the question remains, how do you get images and hyperlinks in your signature? If you wish you can give me a link to the topic or explain how to please. It will be greatly appreciated.

All you have to do, i think, is place the url of the sig pic you want into the appropriate BB code(img)(/img) in [] instead of (). Insert that into your profile(sig line) by going into settings and then edit profile.

Hope that helps.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
Here ya go

(I'd have more of a platform, but I just can't bring myself to actually do this politically...I'm relying more on laughter and donuts. They seem to work. Heh)

You can have my vote if you give me lots and lots of glazed donuts and Mountain Dew.
Anyone that feeds my habit is GOOD in my eyes.

new topics

top topics

join