It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hands across America, 20 years later!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I wasn't too sure where to place this thread. Although my reason is this; next year marks the 20th aniversary of "Hands Across America," which was an unprecedented effort to connect 5 million hands together, to stretch 4,000 plus miles across the country, from coast to coast. This event was paramount in fighting the Nation's hunger problem. I find that we can reinstitue this effort in another way. I say ATS, or members within, organizes another Hands Across America, but this time our goal is to show the world that our spirits and hearts are not with the sinister ideology of this administration. Furthermore, I feel that this would be a big enough international impact (as it was 20 years earlier) to jumpstart the reformation of our entire political system. Referendum is a right we all have and I think it's time we use it.

What do the rest of you think? If one man, (Ken Gragen) can organize something so miraculous, I think ATS could go above and beyond.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Come on people, I know its bold, but you don't think it would work?

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Your right it would work. Of course it would work. It's just getting people to go past the "oh isnt that awful" stage of sitting there, to "something has got to be done or I'll go insane" stage of which we should all be at.

I'm with you all of the way. This is OUR world. Not the governments.

Danny

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Are you suggesting that we physically bring a mass of people together, locate them all in a single line, stretching the entire US, hand in hand, to prove we don't like Bush? I really don't think that itself is possible, but some variation perhaps. A petition which states all who "sign" it are against the current US Administration might be a good start. If you get enough people to claim they are, a massive amount of entries, then someone might notice. I don’t know that people would care enough for it to have an affect, but it should get noticed by some.

An ATS poll and corresponding topic for members to insert their comments could be an adequate first step.

new topics

top topics

join