It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird Flu and China

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

PODcast: Bird Flu and China
Thanks ALOT China!

length: 03:01
file: atspodcast_273.mp3
size: 2149k
feed: ats

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Really dead on and a must listen.

Valhalls thread can be found here:
EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Henry L. Niman about Avian Flu

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   

PODcast: Bird Flu and China (reply 1)
Reply, no script.. just talk!

length: 04:15
file: atspodcast_277.mp3
size: 2495k
feed:

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Sorry for the sound quality of my reply.. I just hit record on the default settings and uploaded it..

Next time I will take the time to listen.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Valhalls thread can be found here:
EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Henry L. Niman about Avian Flu

THANKS Fred!!!! I wanted to include that but I was running out the door when I recorded it...

mark...

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   

PODcast: Bird Flu and China (reply 2)
Majic shares his thoughts and opinions on the subject of bird flu and future pandemics.

length: 15:32
file: atspodcast_281.mp3
size: 2732k
feed:

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
A must see resource for H5N1...

H5N1 Wild Bird Flu Outbreaks

external image

This is for SEP 2005

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
And Majic:

Concerning transmission via a swine vector... What do you think about this???

Pure pig organ donors?

And it's the Chinese at the forefront of this research.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Don't know if this specific article appears elsewhere, but here goes....

Bird flu could cause global economic catastrophe

Bird flu threatens to cause a "catastrophic" economic crash in Britain and around the world, unprecedented in modern times, according to new research.

Two studies from Nottingham University and the Bank of Montreal in Canada show that a flu pandemic - described by the World Health Organisation last week as inevitable - would slash at least £95bn from British GDP, extinguish at least 900,000 jobs and create a global depression to rival that of the 1930s

So far about 60 people are known to have died from the virus, about half of those infected. Experts fear that it will mutate to spread rapidly among people, killing tens - perhaps hundreds - of millions worldwide. Last week Dr Lee Jong-wook, director-general of the World Health Organisation, said the mutation was inevitable and "just an issue of timing". Publicly the Government says that more than 50,000 people are likely to die in Britain, but privately it is preparing for up to 750,000 deaths. Earlier this year Professor Hugh Pennington, one of the country's experts, said that the British death toll could reach two million.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Breeding Ground

Originally posted by loam
Concerning transmission via a swine vector... What do you think about this???

Pure pig organ donors?

And it's the Chinese at the forefront of this research.

Independent of this, flu has been originating in East Asia for centuries.

But certainly, in light of all this, it does give one pause for thought.

Meanwhile, a juggernaut of doom is poised over the world.

Fasten your seatbelt.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Blaming China for bird flu is an old scam - and it's just not true. I am OUTRAGED at the injustice, and warmongering, implicit in these blame games.

WHO Refutes Claims Bird Flu Originated in China
english.people.com.cn...
www.chinadaily.com.cn...
insidecostarica.com...
bird-flu-news.newslib.com...

Here's a quick overview of hard scientific and political/economic information about bird flu available right here on ATS:

Flu Vaccine Technology: Who's Blocking its Use?

WHO Pushes for Bird Flu Vaccine Production

Bush Pushes Wrong Flu Vaccine to American People

Bush Signs Quarantine Orders for Bird Flu

Government Plans for Flu Epidemic: Update

Military Says Terrorists Might Use Bird Flu as Bioweapon

Threat Analysis: Genetically Engineered Stealth Bio-weapons

Humans Included in the 6th Mass Extinction?

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
NOBODY is blaming China for Originating bird flu. We ARE blaming them for NOT opening the borders to researcher and Doctors who could've begun investigating the strain and working on a vaccine months earlier.

Also, China withheld much needed data for several months claiming they didn't have a problem.

Springer...

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Also, China withheld much needed data for several months claiming they didn't have a problem.

And for the last few years, the USA has been withholding genetic data on bird flu and other viruses, claiming the information might be used in bioterrorism. ...This information was/is CRITICAL to understanding and tracking the epidemic's evolution and spread.

More important, bird flu is linked to a protein called "a-smooth muscle actin," which appears to be a prion. This administration ALSO closed the doors on sharing prion research and information.

The USA is not without fault here, particularly this administration.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
FYI - the first vaccine for H5N1 bird flu was created within weeks in 1999. Development of a second vaccine for the 2002-2003 strain was even faster, at St. Judes Hospital in the USA and independently in the UK.

As H5N1 is the real killer (as opposed to A or other strains), either of these vaccines still will handle the slight mutations expected.

The vaccine story is nothing but murky - and the fact there are no vaccine stocks for H5N1 mostly have to do with high costs for Intellectual Property Rights to the technology used in the manufacturing process.

Please - do read the links provided, especially:

Flu Vaccine Technology: Who's Blocking its Use?

a format oops

[edit on 20-9-2005 by soficrow]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

PODcast: Bird Flu and China (reply 3)
Reply to the replies about China and the Bird Flu

length: 05:11
file: atspodcast_288.mp3
size: 2654k
feed:

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

PODcast: Bird Flu and China (reply 4)
Kinglizards comments on China and its responsibility to the world.

length: 01:42
file: atspodcast_289.mp3
size: 1206k
feed:

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   

PODcast: Bird Flu and China (reply 5)
Majic shares some of his evolving thoughts on this issue, and suggests some conspiracy angles that may be worth considering.

length: 09:01
file: atspodcast_297.mp3
size: 1588k
feed:

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Majic:

As long as we are on the subject of what ifs......

Allow me to make the following point. Not all conspiracies are born out of government offices or terrorist caves. Some sprout from corporate offices.

This is a stretch, but interesting nonetheless....

Who wins in China's chicken war?

I've done some light research, and there does seem to be some continued evidence that Tyson Foods continues to fortuitously gain, rather than lose, from the Asian H5N1 crisis.

On the domestic front, there aren't exactly the best corporate citizen. Over the past five years, they have been charged with everything from government bribery to importation of illegal immigrant labor.

Finally, Tyson Foods appears to have one of the larger poultry microbiology laboratories in the world....not unexpected, but does further reinforce the notion of means and expertise....

Hmmm? Probably a long shot, but thought provoking nonetheless.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Majic - I promise I will record a response, but first, (drum roll)....

Who can spell DAMAGE CONTROL?

Flu researchers slam US for hoarding data

LONDON, Sept 21 (Reuters) - Influenza researchers are being hindered in their work by the United States' disease control agency's reluctance to share data, according to the journal Nature. ...Its Thursday edition reports widespread concerns that the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was not making enough flu data available.

"Many in the influenza field are displeased with the CDC's practice of refusing to deposit sequences of most of the strains that they sequence," Michael Deem of Rice University in Houston, who works on predicting flu vaccine efficiency, was quoted as saying.

...One evolutionary ecologist, who declined to be named, said: "Getting data from them has been somewhere between extremely difficult and impossible." ...Nature said that of about 15,000 influenza A sequences in the gene database Genbank and the influenza sequence database at the Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico, fewer than a tenth were deposited by the CDC.

END QUOTE

...Need I say more?

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The Only Thing I'm Sure Of

There is much, much more to this than meets the eye, or is being publicized, that is clear enough.

I keep finding myself thinking "this is a new kind of war".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join