It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 Billion Dollar Scam Arming Iraq With Junk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This is YOUR money people...
It's a long article but a must read. 12 Billion Dollars of your tax money was orginally allocated to help iraqi's get their power back on and get the sewage and water treatments back online. EVERY SINGLE DIME OF THAT MONEY HAS BEEN STOLEN OUTRIGHT or "Reallocated" to the Iraqi Defense budget, now here's a good example of where Iraq's Defense Money is being spent...

news.independent.co.uk...
One billion dollars has been plundered from Iraq's defence ministry in one of the largest thefts in history, The Independent can reveal, leaving the country's army to fight a savage insurgency with museum-piece weapons.
The money, intended to train and equip an Iraqi army capable of bringing security to a country shattered by the US-led invasion and prolonged rebellion, was instead siphoned abroad in cash and has disappeared.
"It is possibly one of the largest thefts in history," Ali Allawi, Iraq's Finance Minister, told The Independent.
"Huge amounts of money have disappeared. In return we got nothing but scraps of metal."...

The Iraqi Board of Supreme Audit says in a report to the Iraqi government that US-appointed Iraqi officials in the defense ministry allegedly presided over these dubious transactions....

Government officials in Baghdad even suggest that the skill with which the robbery was organised suggests that the Iraqis involved were only front men, and "rogue elements" within the US military or intelligence services may have played a decisive role behind the scenes....

The money missing from all ministries under the interim Iraqi government appointed by the US in June 2004 may turn out to be close to $2bn. Of a military procurement budget of $1.3bn, some $200m may have been spent on usable equipment, though this is a charitable view, say officials.

The other Billions have gone missing and reconstruction there has all but haulted...
Iraq Rebuilding Cash 'Goes Missing'

And Despite the Billions Earmarked for reconstruction get a load of this little zinger...
Rumsfeld: Rebuilding up to Iraqis

America's Rebuilding of Iraq is in Chaos

Unrest grows over rebuilding Iraq

www.nytimes.com...
or
www.truthout.org...
Poor Planning and Corruption Hobble the Rebuilding of Iraq
By Craig S. Smith
The New York Times
Saturday 17 September 2005
...The United States has poured more than $200 million into reconstruction projects in this city, part of the $10 billion it has spent to rebuild Iraq. Najaf is widely cited by the military as one of the success stories in that effort, but American officers involved in the rebuilding say that reconstruction projects here, as elsewhere in the country, are hobbled by poor planning, corrupt contractors and a lack of continuity among the rotating coalition officers charged with overseeing the spending.

"This country is filled with projects that were never completed or were completed and have never been used," said a frustrated civil affairs officer who asked not to be identified because he had not been cleared to speak about the reconstruction.

The dealings of coalition officials in Iraq and a contractor now accused of fraud

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Interesting.

Now what really caught my Eye from the Scotsman Article:

The Mr Blair and US President George Bush last week won a new UN resolution calling for international contributions of money and troops.The donations will go into a new fund overseen by the UN and the World Bank.

World Bank?

Geee...

I really Wonder where that Money Went....

Paul Wolfowitz is currently President of the World Bank.

Excellent Find twitchy!

[edit on 19/9/05 by Souljah]

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I am suprised, Galloway and Anon have nothing to do with post Saddam Iraq. Its amazing that this kind of money could be missplaced without their involvement...

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
If anybody is handy with ATSNN this is worthy of submission but I don't like to fool with it, if you want to submit it Souljah, you have my blessings if you will link back to this thread. A billion dollars in defense money is a dime in the bucket of this whole debacle, what an example we set.
There are families in Iraq, now contaminated with 1000 times normal background radiation who haven't had power or clean water since the bombs fell years ago now, and we wonder why there is an 'insurgency' amung the people there as billions and billions are overtly siphoned off into the corruption of an occupying army.

Skippy man, yes WE are capable of evil.

[edit on 19-9-2005 by twitchy]

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Yeah, it's a textbook confidence scam.

William Thompson would be proud.

The government gets the trust of the people in order to facilitate the theft of personal property. The term is practically an oxymoron in this day and age, given the prevalence of credit, stretching up the national level, with the fed's manipulations.

The confidence man uses social engineering to study his target, which helps predict behaviors, and allows for manipulation to varying degrees. Advertising is a big, big part of the equation.

Knowing just a little bit about advertising, and seeing the track record presidents have concerning promises, I have a complete distrust of every politician. I could no more listen attentively to and take at face value the words of a politician than I could a small child with chocolate stained lips protesting their innocence pertaining to matters of candy.

It's patently offensive how obvious some of these deceptions are, to the outsiders that is. From inside the deception, it's apparently viable, because lots of people buy into it. The fact remains politicians are actors first and foremost, just like confidence men.

It's a deception designed to faccilitate a theft. Criminal enterprise.

So, scamming a billion or two from appropriations for another country is nothing beyond par for this administration, or any administration for that matter. We haven't had honest mainstream politicians in a LONG time.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Interesting.

Now what really caught my Eye from the Scotsman Article:

The Mr Blair and US President George Bush last week won a new UN resolution calling for international contributions of money and troops.The donations will go into a new fund overseen by the UN and the World Bank.

You would think that the bean counters would eventually get something right for a chance. People I do not advocate hate or war but how much longer can the good American people take this crap that Washington is trying to force feed us? I for one am pissed at all these very large sums of money going out of country and being pocketed by the crooks at large and they know who they are and so do we. How much more am I going to have to sacrifice my son's future to pay off these current "gifts" given to countries who could give a crap less about us or our ways of life?They have been fighting for 4000 yrs. Heck, whats a few more? Our govt. must listen to we the people. I do not know about you, but I think we should take care of our own here before we give other countries money as quick as we can print it. We the people need to make our LOFTY ONES we put in D.C. learn the fact that they are working for us and not all the intrests they are expected to solicited by. It is about high time to send a clear message to the ones who are elected that they work for us. Anyone up for a good 'ole
Civil War? That is where things are heading much quicker than most think. Im not a seer of the future but things are going to be a changing for those who refuse to use common sense while dealing with our hard earned tax money's.

World Bank?

Geee...

I really Wonder where that Money Went....

Paul Wolfowitz is currently President of the World Bank.

Excellent Find twitchy!

[edit on 19/9/05 by Souljah]

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
What I am afraid of is that this money was stolen and even a fraction of it sent to fund terrorists and insurgents. Thats our money that could very possibly well be used to kill our own soldiers.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
DYepes, I think your missing the point. WE are the ones that stole the money, we sold them 200 million dollars worth of junk and charged them billions for it.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
$12 billion lost. Big whoopdeedoo, anyone with 3 brain cells realizes at least $300 billion (on the books, black funds at least $100b)) has been lost in Operation Iraqi Pipe Dream, with no end in sight. Guarantee you it'll be $1 trillion on the books by the time we lose, which has already happened, so guarantee it'll be $1 trillion by the time we negotiate peace with honor.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I stumbled upon something myself and post it in any forum that the information will get some traction.

Interestingly enough, no traction has been gained. But this supposed war on terror is a war for profit. I believe we are in accord on that point.

What I stumbled upon was a name, Neil Bush, a brother of course. Who has done "consulting work" or as they said "advice", to Crest Investment.

I would gather the information was a little inside work about an upcoming conflict, the war with Iraq. The war with Iraq was a given, the attacks on 9/11 were not. Used they are to the point of making it moot. Being that said, I believe that George Bush hinged on his lack of imigination being correct that the attack wouldn't happen, and the Iraq conflict could proceed without any other delays.

Well for about seven minutes he was stunned that his hopes on that were dashed. Luckily for him he has corporate big wigs that know an advantage when they see one. Cheyne has run with it ever since.

Look how out of sight Afghanistan is. Out of sight out of mind. An ex football star brought it to the front page for a few days but then again back to page 16a or not at all.

The war on terror, what a smoke screen. They had thier agandas set and ran with those instead, WMD's, liberationg Iraq, ousting Saddam, all mission accomplished to use a very bad pun.

They had to connect Iraq to the war on terror just because Iraq was first and foremost on the agenda. Nothing has really gone thier way, 9/11, two hurricanes and a responce remeniscent of his father.

Had George really had a brain, he would have lead the call, put Iraq temporaly on the back burner and captured or killed Osama Bin Ladin. Killed would have been best, dead men do not talk. That being the case, George would have then had the slam dunk Tenet only dreamed of. And a more responcive allied world.

That didn't happen, the war on terror is a joke, and the war for profit continues. Billions being laundered, the Mafioso are beggining to look like rank amatuers about now. I mean a con job right out of the White House?

This may be a front. We now go to an LLC called New Bridge Strategies. Man I hope this pool of conspiritors have heard of this.

On the board of directors sits in the big chair, Joseph Allbough, a friend of the POTUS of course. Two directors are from Crest, John Howland, and who Neil had most contact evidently, Jamal Daniel.

We know Joe of course who tapped a horse wispperer because he had a more pressing engagement. To do what, is the question. L. Leigh Gribble, is another director of NBS and a top republican coffer ( oh I know it, but the party line is what these guys have in common ) when he ran, Blackthorne Rhino, Ltd.

These people are mostly investment consultants of some kind or another, maybe technical as well. Another thing they have in common is middle eastern interests, and Texas.

Here's a kicker from....

New Brigde Strategies

New Bridge Strategies, LLC is a unique company that was created specifically with the aim of assisting clients to evaluate and take advantage of business opportunities in the Middle East following the conclusion of the U.S.-led war in Iraq.

"Take advantage", well it doesn't get any more revealing than that.

-=topper=-

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Question:

Who actually control the money and then hand it over to the Iraqis?

Who is in charge of getting contractors?

Who DID the contractors talk to?

Where are the money kept? And where are they lost? In Iraq?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

USA Today
Iraq to spend $13B on U.S. arms, equipment
By Jim Michaels, USA TODAY
BAGHDAD — Iraq is preparing to buy as much as $13 billion in American arms and military equipment, a huge order of tanks, ships and hardware that U.S. officials say shows Iraqi-U.S. military ties will be tight for years to come.

Two decades of crippling sanctions, two invasions, a complete overhaul of the Iraqi Government complete with public lynchings, all of this after a rather nasty bit of business playing both sides and the Kurds in the Iran Iraq war, and we're now going to sell these guys M1 tanks and F16's?
At what point does irony become travesty?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
What I am afraid of is that this money was stolen and even a fraction of it sent to fund terrorists and insurgents. Thats our money that could very possibly well be used to kill our own soldiers.

You are missing the point entirely.

While every other nation that now has aid workers and military in Iraq, are delivering real aid to the Iraqi people, and helping the Iraqis to rebuild what America has destroyed, this is just a scam.

American tax payers funding American endemic corporate greed, corruption and crime.
It has nothing to do with Iraq, or terrorism. It is just more American theft and crime, like the billions of lost tax payer dollars that the Pentagon just cannot find.
And the Billions of US tax payer dollars going to provide multi million dollar end of year bonuses for the elite banksters that screwed up.

While the world is sending food and blankets to Iraq.
American criminals are getting rich from the stolen money that never leaves America..

top topics

join