It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dissolving Democracy: What Is Democracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   

PODcast: Dissolving Democracy: What IS Democracy?
Voices from the nation - Americans talk democracy.

length: 01:51
file: atspodcast_272.mp3
size: 1658k
feed: ats

[edit on 3-10-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
My hat is off to ya on this.... This is so unique and very good!!! Well done....again.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
[Blush] Thanks loam.

I'm having a LOT of fun with podcasting. ...Sometimes worry that I'm sacrificing information to presentation - but I kind of see podcasting as the bridge between 'finding out' then hitting the forums for more info - for me, it's "marketing" education. And promoting ATS, of course.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Some people believe that the US cannot be a democracy and republic at the same time - and insist that the US is NOT a democracy.

The USA is BOTH a democracy and a republic, IMO. Think of it like the substance and the delivery system - democracy is to republic as nicotine is to cigarettes, as drug is to needle.

Do you think the US is a democracy? Or not?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
BTW, Soficrow.....

I LOVE THE WAY YOU SAY:

DEM...OCC...RASSEEEE

Plays in my head repreatedly....

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Some people believe that the US cannot be a democracy and republic at the same time - and insist that the US is NOT a democracy.

The USA is BOTH a democracy and a republic, IMO. Think of it like the substance and the delivery system - democracy is to republic as nicotine is to cigarettes, as drug is to needle.

Do you think the US is a democracy? Or not?

The United States is a REPUBLIC ruled by democratic ideals. If a state or states really wanted to they could secede from the union. Maybe thats what should happen. Then we could REALLY see how United the states are........

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I think your comments about democracy are misguided.

As Thomas Jefferson said:

"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." - Thomas Jefferson, 1812

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness." - Thomas Jefferson, American Declaration of Independence

Democracy is the intention, or goal, and the republic is the method used to achieve that goal; democracy is the function, the republic is just the form - the people own the USA. IMHO - Your argument justifies corporatocracy - "the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations" - and works to: a) establish international corporations as the new aristocracy; b) replace democracy with corporatocracy; c) take America away from Americans; d) hijack the republic, and e) subvert said republic to be the method by which international corporations become the legal owners of the United States of America.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Dear god

Remind me not to listen to your podcasts late at night when alone.

edit: love the crow sound by the way! (love/terrified of, same diff)

[edit on 2-10-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I loved it Sofi. No way am I going to reply with a podcast though, i'd sound like such a loon....oh wait, I already do.

I look forward to your next podcast.

Wupy

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Nygdan - thanks. But "love/terrified of" = same thing? Hmmm. We should talk, or I know a good counselor...

Mrwupy - thanks. FYI - loon is good - crow is good - now we need a mammal. Anyone up for it?
BTW - I quite like your podcasts too.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
if you're tired of birds, how 'bout a dino-bird!

external image
Copyright Luis V Rey

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Aww, that lil guy is SO cute!

Can I get a clone?

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Please do NOT consider this for the conspiracy podcast competition.

I brought it back up to post Red Skelton's version of the Pledge of Alegiance, lead courtesy of dgtempe and link courtesy of makeitso. Thanks. It is SO good.

Red Skelton: The Pledge of Allegiance

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   
o_O that made my arm hair stand on end. Nice though, ill be looking for more of your stuff.

Im under the beleif that there is no democracy.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

join