It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa Briefing 20 september 2005 Mars Canals

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Has there been any update on this guys?What time does the press conferance take place GMT ? Ive check nasa's site but nothing new as of yet.

I think its probably going to be an announcement of liquid water on mars, any one with even remote ability in geology can see mars has had a wet past,Its pretty much accepted.Either that or evidence of water underground.We already know there is water ice on mars.Its also summer on mars at the moment and we do see ice cap recession on mars so the melt water has to go somewhere.

science.nasa.gov...

Oh and I'd like to point out "canal" referes to a man made object,and I see no mention of it on nasa's site.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merkeva

Has there been any update on this guys?What time does the press conferance take place GMT ? Ive check nasa's site but nothing new as of yet.

I think there's about a 7 hour difference between PST and GMT

anyways, here's a handy link for you...

www.page-1.com...

I keep it on my home page for quick reference

cheers

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Mabye they will tell us of the liquid water that is almost certainly there(at least underground)or admit that there is more water ice there outside of the poles in craters

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The NASA conference will begin in less than 30 mins...

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

My guess is the finding of large water reserves on the planet.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I dont think it'll be water ice because thats been shown in many photos. Liquid water is a stronger possibility but seems strange they'd hold a conference to announce it seeing as its logical there would be liquid water at the correct temperature.
Im hoping maybe they're going to announce some kind of lifeform or if we're really lucky some structures, now that would be worth holding a conference over.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Possible microbial signs from MGS -

www.curiousnotions.com...

More -

Sorry, fairly new here and not yet found out how to post pics! I am sure that NASA have had people looking at these fairly carefully ever since they got them. Theyre also probably looking at the proper images as well! Also the one of the "banyan trees" . I'm sure there's probably a thread about them here, so apologies for bringing them up again, but as NASA has said very little about them, I can only surmise that they are v interested! ( Can't believe theyre not! ) It just maybe that theyre going to announce something big! ( Still think it's about liquid water though! ) Find out soon I guess!

Banyan Trees

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Anyone know whats been said yet, it started 50 mins ago didn't it?

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Yeah, I need to know as well - nothing, nada, zilch on uktv!

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

hit the link for information ^

Nothing has really been said yet...the link is active for a week but, mostly what NASA is showing are changes recorded on the Mars surface.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Here's a link to the press release:
www.nasa.gov...

All they're saying is new gullies are popping up.

[edit on 9/20/2005 by QuietSoul]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Thanks for the info - had seen the site go live, so knew it was all much ado about nothing - but couldnt catch a news article to see what they had said! Still, one day we may have somwe news worth having!

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
stage one; announcement of an upcoming press conference

stage two; speculation and heightened expectations
as to what the new revelations might be. WILL THERE REALLY
BE EXCITING NEWS ??!!

stage three......BUPKUS.

stage four; a period of wisdumb sets in, in which we tell ourselves
we know better than to get our hopes up for anything major being
announced in the next 15-20 years

this fourth stage will last until the next news flash about a NASA press conference comes, at which time we'll repeat stages 1-4 above

isn't it fun being truth-hungry sheeple grazing in NASA's pasture?

[edit on 20-9-2005 by victor was right]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Thats cos it's the only show in town really, apart from esa of course. Guess we'll have to wait till the open and forthcoming Chinese get in on the act

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
That is highly interesting, those are obviously liquid gullies that were formed, and NASA is just at a loss for words.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by maldives01
Hi Asawa,

Where does it say about canals? It's not mentioned here

A previous poster mentioned canals for some reason. Somehow I got the idea that he read it from Nasa's web site.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Found this artical on space.com posted today,

www.space.com...

It mainly talks about changes on the surface of the planet new gullys and craters and how mars is heating up.

NASA’s Mars Global Surveyor (MGS) spacecraft has spotted new gullies and a fresh crater – in astronomical terms – etched into the red planet’s surface, mission scientists said Tuesday.

Now in its eighth year in orbit around Mars, the MGS spacecraft found the new gullies cutting through a sand dune, as well as numerous other signs that the planet is far from a static, unchanging world.

I think this is what all the fuss was about.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Wow! Wind blow sand! Who'd a thunk it?? Thanks NASA for the update!

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
NASA is saying MARS is going through a CLIMATE CHANGE

The big question is, what does it mean to us? We have climate changes too, what´s the connection?

/Cactus

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
As for the post with links to things that look like trees and petri-dish bacteria, this NASA announcement gave me an idea... like sand dunes changing shape over time, living things would also change appearance. Anyone know if enough photos of Mars have been taken such that comparison of these anomalies can be done over time?

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Yes, and the dark spots ebb and flow like summer fall and winter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join