It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brittish troops held in Iraq - Oooops!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
But if there were, "time outs" would be getting handed out right and left.

The personal attacks, and off topic commentary will cease and desist, lest my stubby monkey fingers slip, and we are all sorry.

Besides, my little brain can only think of so many interesting edits on a given day/night... Let's not overtax my mental capacity.

Thanks.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming: War On Terrorism » Brittish troops held in Iraq - Oooops

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Zaphod58

Car bomb = 2-3 HUNDRED pounds of explosive. Black vest = 2-3 pounds of explosive, IF it has explosive in it. Black box = 10-15 AT THE MOST, and that's IF it carries explosives. If you're going to put a bomb on the side of the road, with just a pile of explosives, 2-3 pounds wouldn't do a whole lot."

WOOOW, looks like some new enlightening facts from the weapons expert who got his degree in la la land.

What sort of explosives? plastic explosives, C-4 ? What is the weight of these and the blast radius. what other posible kinds are there which the SAS have, i hear they have very advanced weapons.

So your saying you can put a hundred times more explosives in a car than you can fit in a vest, would you have room to drive in that case? Why would you want to use that much anyway, these psy-ops ussually kill tens of people, not millions.

So what does a car full of explosive have to do with suicide vests?

I'm saying if you can pack so much explosives in just a vest, then you can easily pack them in a car.

Rogue

You keep saying over and over again, there where no explosives there where no explosives. And yet you have a photograph there of some sort of equipment. And you don't have an expert to tell you what is actually inside them.

Shouldn't you atleast keep your mind open, about it untill it's either confirmed or denied by independent experts?

Atleast do that, sspecially since you have eye witness account of iraqi puppet police, who collaborate with the occupation, who have no reason to make the occupiers look bad, Saying that there were explosives.

Sure the forces are infiltrated, i've been saying that since the beginingbut if those particular police where resistance infiltrators, then why did they go after two guys in a car, that look like fellow resistance fighters?

Still, non of the nay sayers have attempted to answer that

[edit on 22-9-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
^^ SS, your going around in circles. It won't become fact the more times you say it, you know

There is no evidence that there were explosives. No explosives, precursors or blasting caps are evident in that picture. If as the police claim the car was packed with explosives, where are the pictures ? One would think the police would have taken specific pictures of the explosives and equipment.
Now SS, show me some evdidence not just inuendo.

[edit on 22-9-2005 by rogue1]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
i added a response to in my post before you posted that

PREDICTABLE.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
A small amount of C-4 packs a pretty big punch. Less than a pound of C-4 could potentially kill several people, and several military issue M112 blocks of C-4, weighing about 1.25 pounds (half a kilogram) each, could potentially demolish a truck. Demolition experts typically use a good amount of C-4 in order to do a job properly. To take out one 8-inch (20.3-centimeter) square steel beam, for example, they would probably use 8 to 10 pounds (3.6 to 4.5 kilograms) of C-4.

science.howstuffworks.com...
Now to take out an 8 INCH square beam, they use 8 POUNDS of C4, what do you think they would use in a car bomb?

This is from a car bombing in Columbia.

Investigators believe that more than 150 kg of C4 explosive and ammonium nitrate were used in the blast.
www.smh.com.au...

Any discussion of the Khobar Towers attack must start with the November 1995 car bombing of the Office of the Program Manager, Saudi Arabia National Guard (OPM SANG) in Riyadh. The bomb used in that attack, containing some 250 pounds of explosives, had exploded in a parking lot next to a building where American military forces trained Saudi military personnel. Seven people were killed, including five Americans, and 35 others were injured. This was a watershed event in Saudi Arabia, which had previously known little terrorist activity. Following the OPM SANG bombing, intelligence indicated that terrorists were continuing to target U.S. forces in Saudi Arabia, particularly in the Eastern Province, where Dhahran and the Khobar Towers housing complex are located. In light of this intelligence, USCINCCENT declared a "high" threat level in the entire country.
www.defenselink.mil...

This is the last reply I will give to this thread, since you can't be bothered to keep it civil and have to say things like "who got his training in la la land." Why should I bother, since you've made up your mind anyway, and are just going to keep saying crap like that.

[edit on 9/22/2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
not insulting.

But your sources support my story.

There are compact explosives at the disposal of SAS troops.

" small amount of C-4 packs a pretty big punch. Less than a pound of C-4 could potentially kill several people, and several military issue M112 blocks of C-4, weighing about 1.25 pounds (half a kilogram) each, could potentially demolish a truck. "

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

Atleast do that, sspecially since you have eye witness account of iraqi puppet police, who collaborate with the occupation, who have no reason to make the occupiers look bad, Saying that there were explosives.

Seems the police are close to the local militia, I wouldn't call them collaborating with the Brits at all. This is precisely what I would expect from them. A couple of false reports and inuendo to implement some type of agenda.

Sure the forces are infiltrated, i've been saying that since the begining but if those particular police where resistance infiltrators, then why did they go after two guys in a car, that look like fellow resistance fighters?

Well, lets see. The police stopped them because they thought they were their fellow resistance friends. ON closer inspection they realized they were British, that is when they raised their guns. After seeing that the Brit SAS(?) with their lightening reflexes got off the first shots, knowing that they were dealing with militia men. The question is why were they captured and not killed ? Probably because the local militia wanted to get a bit o mileage out of them beofer they killed them.
There you go just as plausible story as any other I've heard here.

BTW, you still have no evidence to back yourself up. Therefore you haven't answered my previous question.

PS. What's with all the mind games ? editing your posts and pretending I'm predictable LOL. People may have beleived you if it didn't have an edit time stamp every time you edit your posts LOL.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
^^ SS, your going around in circles. It won't become fact the more times you say it, you know

There is no evidence that there were explosives. No explosives, precursors or blasting caps are evident in that picture. If as the police claim the car was packed with explosives, where are the pictures ? One would think the police would have taken specific pictures of the explosives and equipment.
Now SS, show me some evdidence not just inuendo.

Your going of one frame from a video as your proof also. If Iraqi Police did have a photo of the bombs to give to the press, it would have to go via Military censors before it made it to western news anyway and you don't accept anything from an Arab press so what do you want exactly?

ALL initial reports, BBC, Washington Post etc, were of these guys planting bombs. It fits with every scenario in which a new town is attacked, Al-Zarqawi is blamed (or admits via bad audio) and the coalition enter a new region of Iraq, it's happened over and over again, the only difference is they got caught this time. Now the media are spinning this out of focus and trying to focus on Iraqi Police being infultrated while showing photos of Iraqi's throwing molitovs at a tank rather than asking the obvious, why were these guys there and what were they really doing?

They got caught with their fingers in the cookie jar and are washing this out of the media by changing the event, ignoring established witness story and re-writting the series of events. While no one has shown images of bombs directly (thou those bags look to be full of something, packed explosives maybe to be put in a bin like previous bombings?), no one has even asked WHY these guys were there to begin with, dreassed up as Arabs with a boot full of weapons shooting out with Iraqi Police.

Do some more research on this, there's plently of quotes from various sources in regards to bombs and why they were planting bombs from initial reports and once that started circulating, the western media turned it into an Iraqi Police infultration story and resecue operation.

Why bother? All i can tell you is, have fun being shocked at the next Al-Zarqawi headlines - Theres a plan being drawn up right now to get the press of this story.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
"Well, lets see. The police stopped them because they thought they were their fellow resistance friends." LOL !!!

Why would they chase down and stop their fellow resistance friends. Wouldn't a simple wave do?

"The question is why were they captured and not killed"

Good question, if the resistance saw they where british spies they would be dead right now because the geneva conventions clearly state spies and mercinaries should be shot.
But instead they where ARRESTED, and taken to prison. That sounds like a very policey thing to do. AND those puppet police then asked for an explanation from the british government.

The resistance needs no explanation.

editing your posts and pretending I'm predictable LOL.

I edited my post just to add, "predictable".

I edit to add things, and i do so when i immedietly think of them, i never edit to remove anything.

People may have beleived you if it didn't have an edit time stamp every time you edit your posts LOL.

heh , the hypocracy
it's funny.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

Your going of one frame from a video as your proof also. If Iraqi Police did have a photo of the bombs to give to the press, it would have to go via Military censors before it made it to western news anyway and you don't accept anything from an Arab press so what do you want exactly?

Hmm I doubt the military sensors have anywhere near the control you make out. It only takes someone with telephoine these days to take a picture and send it.
Speaking of Arab news agencies, I haven't sen them producing a picture of a bomb anyway
. So where's the proof ?

ALL initial reports, BBC, Washington Post etc, were of these guys planting bombs. It fits with every scenario in which a new town is attacked, Al-Zarqawi is blamed (or admits via bad audio) and the coalition enter a new region of Iraq, it's happened over and over again, the only difference is they got caught this time.

LOL, you mean it fits with your scenario. BTW, you did know that British were already in Basrah didn't you ? So you could haedly call this an excuse to move in, could you ?

why were these guys there and what were they really doing?

Any one of a number of things. You just automatically assume it's to plant bombs. Seems very easy to lead people.

They got caught with their fingers in the cookie jar and are washing this out of the media by changing the event, ignoring established witness story and re-writting the series of events.

Hmm, assuming it wasn't tainted before it hit the news. As with all breaking stories the facts don't come out immediately or a misreported. As time moves on the real facts come out.
Just look at New Orleans for days they were saying that 10's of thousands of people were dead. Turns out it was about a thousand. Just goes to showthere is often major confusion with breaking news stories. Especially in Iraq where everyone has their own agenda.

While no one has shown images of bombs directly (thou those bags look to be full of something, packed explosives maybe to be put in a bin like previous bombings?)

Like I've said before, if tey had the explosives there you could be amned sure they would have unpacked them and paraded them. Which btw they haven't and won't because there were none.

Do some more research on this, there's plently of quotes from various sources in regards to bombs and why they were planting bombs from initial reports and once that started circulating, the western media turned it into an Iraqi Police infultration story and resecue operation.

There maybe plenty of quotes, but is there actually any proof ? Hearsay doesn't cut it with me sorry.
With regards to the infiltration story, it may turn out as I have said that more and more facts are coming out clarifying what happened. It seems the police are corrupt, refused an order from the central government to hand them over and instead handed them to the militia. Now if that is't infiltration I don;y know what is.
The Brits seemed to know this, so there was no way they were going to leave these men in the hands of the dubious police. Therefore they went to collect them.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
What is it I don't understand about your post. Are you suggesting anything negative to British, American or other Allies trying to survive the infestations coagulating in Iraq ?

Dallas

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   
All of the US/UK officials, where not saying anything about their version of it, they denied everything and claimed they had no information of this and no information of that, and that it was all under "investigation?"

I guess it took them time to come up with something to say. They had to sit around and make up excuses.

By: Reuters on: 20.09.2005 [07:12] (431 reads)

But Britain's Ministry of Defence says the release of the two soldiers had been negotiated and it did not believe the prison had been stormed.

"We've heard nothing to suggest we stormed the prison," a ministry spokesman said.

"We understand there were negotiations."
"At this stage it is not possible to be certain why these disturbances began."

British Defense Ministry Secretary John Reid confirmed two British military personnel were "released," but he gave no details on how they were freed.
In a statement released in London, Reid did not say why the two had been taken into custody

www.cnn.com...

cbs2chicago.com...

But in London, the Ministry of Defense said in a statement that two British troops held by Iraqi authorities in Basra were released as a result of negotiations. It said the two service personnel were with British forces.

It Seems the british government motto is DENY DENY DENY, untill we figure out what to say. And not DENY IGNORANCE.

news.bbc.co.uk...

British officials said the men were back in UK forces' custody but would not say how this had happened.

British officials would not say if the two men were working under cover

Dallas

What is it I don't understand about your post. Are you suggesting anything negative to British, American or other Allies trying to survive the infestations coagulating in Iraq ?

I'm sorry i'm the one who is not understanding you, are you saying that iraqies are infesting iraq, it's their country.

In my posts i'm suggesting the US and UK are behind all the bombings of civilians in iraq, in a bid to divide the iraqi people and to increase secterian tension, in order to have an excuse to stay in iraq, and inorder to get them to fight each other, and not be uited in a fight against the occupation.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Terrible indeed. You have not answered my question above-above. And the latest post of yours above lacks some kind of reasonable logic .. or am I just tired?

Dallas

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
SS, are you ever going to put a picture of those explosives or just going to keep ignoring the question?
Oh and BTW, if the SAS where going to attack a iraqi police station they wouldnt need to do a drive by....ever heard of a sniper?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Just to give everyone an idea of how varied VBIEDs can be:

external image

www.smdc.army.mil...

[Edit: Turned into a link, picture is rather large. Sorry guys.]

external image

More information here:

www.globalsecurity.org...

THIS is a very interesting document, telling of what was found in Fallujah. Shows making of VBIEDs and IEDs among other things.

www2.nationalreview.com...

[edit on 22-9-2005 by Jadette]

Mod Edit: Image Size

[edit on 23/9/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Officials in Basra say they will not cooperate with Britain until the restive southern Iraqi city receives an apology and compensation after a British raid to free two soldiers.

Basra Uprising (CNN)

Looks like the Iraqi's wont leave it at that.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Tell them to obey orders from thier supposed superiors and obey the law...

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
So, my initial remarks in regards to the soldiers having shot at the police station and having a car full of explosions was correct. Of course, somehow, the Police still shot at these 'innocent, and undercover' soldiers who were simply walking around Basra dressed up as Arabs, heavily armed, with bombs in a civilian car...

Somethings amiss..

Luxifero

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luxifero
So, my initial remarks in regards to the soldiers having shot at the police station and having a car full of explosions was correct. Of course, somehow, the Police still shot at these 'innocent, and undercover' soldiers who were simply walking around Basra dressed up as Arabs, heavily armed, with bombs in a civilian car...

Somethings amiss..

Luxifero

I havent seen any pictures of the so called bombs, also they would be heavily armed if thier mission was surveilance since the support unit would take time to get there and they might have to work alone.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by shire19
BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Officials in Basra say they will not cooperate with Britain until the restive southern Iraqi city receives an apology and compensation after a British raid to free two soldiers.

Basra Uprising (CNN)

Looks like the Iraqi's wont leave it at that.

those iraqi (infestation? LOL) civilians should come and read this thread. then they would know that they have nothing to be angry about because, those british soldiers were shooting at bad guys. and they didn't have a bomb. and they were really well intentioned(having sworn alliegience to the queen, and not the pm, LOL). and they are SOLDIERS, -duty, honour, country. soldiers never do anything immoral. it's a historical fact going back thousands of years.

the iraqi is an interesting member of the human species in that they are always wrong! and lying. and murderous. not to be trusted! turncoat double identity traitors!

hohoho. merry christmas, er , crusade/inquisition/hegelian dialectic the umpteenth.

a funny joke(#ing NOT).
"bush and a suadi prince (prince reggie) are riding on an elevator.
REGGIE: i really like your north american television. especially "star trek".
BUSH: yeah. it's cool. uh heh. uh heh heh.
REGGIE: the only thing i find strange, is that every race is represented on the crew of the enterprise, except for arabs.
BUSH: (with one eyebrow cocked) well, of course not! it takes place in the future....., there are no arabs."

the nwo sucks ass.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join