It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rashad Akhtar calls for Jihad against Burger King over ice cream...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Just found something quite interesting actually...(to me at least)

According to this website, Mr. Akhtar did not in fact notice it himself, apparently someone else pointed it out to him...

Them recalling this product is not sufficient. It should be taken away from the stores now.
I have had no correspondence from Burger King.
These people who have designed this think they can get away with this again and again. This is my jihad.
How can you say it is a spinning swirl? If you spin it one way – to the right, you are offending Muslims.
I ordered my food and then got talking to a worker, a French guy.
He asked me: ‘Are you Muslim?’
He showed me the cone.
I felt humiliated.

www.mediawatchwatch.org.uk...

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
What gets me is, that graphic really looks like soft serve style ice cream, does that mean this man is waging a Jihad againt all swirled ice cream?

My dog makes dookie like this regularly, so is there a fatwa against my Beagle?

My point is where does it stop? Its clearly nothing but a simple ice cream graphic. But now this will end up costing BK how many thousands of dollars extra to change it, not to mention the thousands it cost to design and produce in the first place.

Its just plain silly, the guy should be embarrassd.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Isn't it what the symbol represent thats important??? One represents ice cream and the other one....religion stuff. Maybe this guy would calm down if BK put a cross on the cone. They would be equally represented. It is like having a free billboard for religion!!! Except I wouldn't have a damn clue that symbol was whatever religion.

Maybe its very special ice cream. The Holy Grail of all ice cream cones. Maybe the Burger King employees worship the ice cream. And this guy wants to start a Holy war. Have you seen the King in that football comercial? He is pretty athletic. Kind of looks like Dieon Sanders. I think the king would beat his @#$. And then get Hottie and the Blowfish to come in and finish up.

We probably will never hear the outcome. I guarantee this guy gets free whoppers the rest of his life.

I am suing anyone who writes a lower case t. It looks too much like the cross. In fact I am going to crusade on your @#$ if you write one.

This guy needs to take a chill pill

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

[EDIT]

It was a fun post

Mod Edit: to remove offensive image, please read the T&C's.

[edit on 19-9-2005 by kinglizard]

[edit on 19-9-2005 by Timcouchfanclub]

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
While I agree that freedom fries and this burger king swirl are not the same thing, they are very much equally stupid.

And it's worth mentioning in that respect.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
So much liberalism just sickens me.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I wish someone at BK had enough backbone to stand up and say "We are now going to do this to all our cones, Allah demands it". It looks nothing like the inscription. Just another Islamo Fascist Moron trying to make a buck. Ohh...I'm offended...Waah. BK should say "BITE ME"

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
How embarrasing, dumbasses like this guy make me less keen to call myself Muslim.

So what if it DID say Allah on it? not exactly blasphemous, reminding everyone that God is to thank for that ice cream lol. and if the intention was to insult, then it would be better to rise above it. There really are more important issues.

What was he doing in BK anyway? Supporting a big fat company like that that gets its meat from inhumane means no doubt, which IS against the ideals of Islam.

I do not want to be associated with this guy

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
What about mcdonalds, there logo is 13 when looked at properly, and 13 is the number of rebellion. Have any of you noticed how many products show hidden 13's? (there are HUNDREDS)

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Burger King should be turned in to the UN Security Council over that stupid King mascott they use. He's just plain scary looking to me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join