It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rashad Akhtar calls for Jihad against Burger King over ice cream...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This is out of control people. Do we need to be so politically correct that “we” need to do things like this? I am dumbfounded over this…

Source

THE fast-food chain, Burger King, is withdrawing its ice-cream cones after the lid of the dessert offended a Muslim.

The man claimed the design resembled the Arabic inscription for Allah, and branded it sacrilegious, threatening a "jihad".

The chain is being forced to spend thousands of pounds redesigning the lid with backing from The Muslim Council of Britain. It apologized and said: "The design simply represents a spinning ice-cream cone."

The offending lid was spotted in a branch in Park Royal last week by business development manager Rashad Akhtar, 27, of High Wycombe.

He was not satisfied by the decision to withdraw the cones and has called on Muslims to boycott Burger King. He said: "This is my jihad. How can you say it is a spinning swirl? If you spin it one way to the right you are offending Muslims."

A Muslim Council spokesman said: "We commend the sensitive and prompt action that Burger King has taken."

Here is a pic of the" questionable" icecream lid:

I suggest we start calling Burger King “Burger Wimp” from now on. This is just stupid. We have gone so far past politically correct when companies need to make changes like this. Individuals need to show some sensibility and responsibility as well. That man is an attention seeking idiot who is abusing his religion to get the attention he desires. Pathetic.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
I suggest we start calling Burger King “Burger Wimp” from now on. This is just stupid. We have gone so far past politically correct when companies need to make changes like this. Individuals need to show some sensibility and responsibility as well.

The world is getting out of control. Perhaps it would be a good thing to write burger king and tell them if they give in we will not buy from them if they gave into the fanatic, who I agree has to be an idiot.

You really should have written this up as a news story Skippytc I am sure it would get tons of replies

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
If any Jihad needs to be declared on Burger king it should be over the crummy food that they serve.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
If any Jihad needs to be declared on Burger king it should be over the crummy food that they serve.

Much rather have a BK over McDs!

As for the story, BK should have told this man where to stuff his Jihad as he is blatently making an issue over nothing.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
Much rather have a BK over McDs!

As for the story, BK should have told this man where to stuff his Jihad as he is blatently making an issue over nothing.

Big multinational organizations cannot ignore this type of comment. Especially like this and this would apply to any religion. I agree its getting to be a bit much, but the cost for BK would be negligable in light of the adverse press and the like it would recieve otherwise.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Curiously what is involved here is something people have studied in college art for a long time, it is called the "visual metaphor." Such things give definition to the similarities evident throughout our existence in what we see.

The tragic problem here is a matter of interpretation. Clearly the optical illusion is no different from the political illusion, what people see as sinister plot in every innocent coincidence.

If these so called representatives of Islam want to see Allah in an ice cream cone that is all a matter of interpretation. What they are rejecting is a divine gift of perspective, and assuming sinister motives where there are none. A sincere believer could choose to look at such a thing as a gift from heaven. Ask for a second opinion on this one from many other Moslems. The story smells too much like P20G, more alienation one tiny step after another. Alienation is like eating an elephant, one bite at a time. Expect nothing but propaganda from MSM.

Sometimes an ice cream cone is just an ice cream cone.

[edit on 19-9-2005 by SkipShipman]

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkipShipman

Leave Bill out of this, he has nothing to do with this

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senser

Originally posted by SkipShipman

Leave Bill out of this, he has nothing to do with this

I am not talking about Clinton's psyops ripping off Freud to deflect from Whitewater. I am talking about Freud.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
In my opinion its just as dumb as all that freedom fries nonsense.

Some people are just plain petty.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4

Some people are just plain petty.

Who calls fries "freedom fries"? I call them "fries"

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4

There's absolutely no comparison, the "freedom fries" thing was a voluntary change several restaurants made, most notably the cafeteria of the House of Representatives...no restaurant was ever threatened with a Holy War if they didn't change it.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
If you read the source it said

He was not satisfied by the decision to withdraw the cones and has called on Muslims to boycott Burger King. He said: "This is my jihad.

Never calls for an attack, a boycott.

[edit on 19-9-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks it looks nothing like it?

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

I don't think it looks like it, but people see what they want.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

I agree there are far to many differences

From left to right

Hook is way to close together.

then the line does not go way up to form what looks like a W.

Nothing at all similar on the far right line is clean and smooth (No arrow heads) , then there is no additional line to the right of the base. Nothing on the top at all with the other symbols.

Those are just a few I am sure there are more.

[edit on 9/19/2005 by shots]

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The title of this thread was so funny, I just had to come see what it was about. Hey, skippy, the world might be ending....I actually agree with ya.

This is assenine, plain and simple. I agree as well that it looks nothing like what they are claiming....

On a similar note....Anyone remember when Nike was going through the same thing?

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
If you make your language just a bunch of squiggly lines, almost anything can look like it...

There's this too www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9/19/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
If you make your language just a bunch of squiggly lines, almost anything can look like it...

There's this too www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well this guy should be shown that fish then he can have it banned too. Oh wait cannot do that it was here long before Allah

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
once again a symbol is so important.who would think that a symbol would be more important than eating.just imagine a world where we would not eat if it was a symbol stoping us.we would die and not get to keep that symbol.thinking should be a part of everyday not the worship of symbols.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It does not look anything like the arabic for "allah". This muslim man was just being a prick and trying to bully somebody. Typical behavior for middle eastern men.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join