It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Northwoods Documents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 01:49 AM
link   
A military plan put forward to kill there own men.

Kennedy was apparently outraged with the plans and fired the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Lyman Lemnitzer, who then pitched the proposal to defence secretary Robert McNamara.

Documents produced beginning in late 1961, following the ill-fated Bay of Pigs invasion that spring, show President John F Kennedy, angered by the inept actions of the CIA, had shifted responsibility for Cuba from that agency to the Department of Defence. Here military strategists discussed plans to create terrorist actions. In March 1962, an outraged President Kennedy scuttled the plan hatched, at the height of the Cold War by US military leaders to kill their own men in a bid to win support for a war against Cuba.

Codenamed Northwoods, the secret operation included the possible assassination of Cuban migrants, sinking refugee boats, hijacking planes, and terrorism in US. cities.

The terrorist activities were to target Florida, especially the Miami area, and even Washington. Bombs were to be exploded in carefully chosen locations and coordinated with the release of prepared documents pointing to Cuban complicity.

The aim was to fool the US public into backing an invasion to overthrow Fidel Castro\'s communist regime.

Military chiefs, contemplating US military casualties, wrote: \"We could blow up a US ship in Guantanamo Bay and blame Cuba - casualty lists in US newspapers would cause a helpful wave of national indignation.\"

(12)-documents:

emperors-clothes.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 01:53 AM
link   
That's a pretty sick and strange claim there, quaneeri. I think that Kennedy may have had good reason for being outraged, if someone pitched that Idea to him. I just can't really accept that too well. I dunno, mebbe it's cause I don't think that the Gov't would do something THAT stupid.

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
I don't think that the Gov't would do something THAT stupid.

hahaha! Goverment has done even more idiotic things... its in their nature.

I think these events might be the reason why Kennedy was killed.... he pissed off way too many brainwashed agents and generals...

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Loki.

This was not the first incident of this nature in Cuba.

1898 a mysterious explosion aboard the battleship Maine in Havana Harbour killed 266 US soldiers and sparked the Spanish-American war with Cuba. The horrific explosion influenced more than a million volunteers for duty.

The U.S. Army, under-manned and ill-prepared for war, began mobilization for the coming conflict a week before President McKinley's April 23 call for volunteers. Within days recruiting offices were swamped with patriotic young men, eager to serve in the anticipated conflict. Training began almost immediately, at several posts and stations around the United States.

Among the ranks of the eager volunteers was the 40-year-old Under Secretary of the Navy, Theodore Roosevelt. This was a war he had prepared for in the previous year and, thanks to his aggressive efforts on behalf of the Navy, America's sailors were far better equipped and prepared for war than the Army. Now Roosevelt wanted to insure that his own personal role on the fields of combat would materialize. The previous December he had made his feelings about armed conflict abundantly clear in his comments to the Naval War College that, "No triumph of peace is quite so great as the supreme triumphs of war." Now that war had finally come, he was determined not to sit it out behind a desk in Washington, D.C.

Among Roosevelt's circle of friends in the Capitol was an Army surgeon who frequently visited and, while in Washington, took time for long walks in the countryside with the Under Secretary. Dr. Leonard Wood had served in the Indian Campaigns under General Nelson Miles. On April 8, just weeks before the mobilization of the Army, Dr. Wood was issued the Medal of Honor for personal heroism during the Apache Campaign in Arizona Territory in the summer of 1886. Long before his award was issued, Roosevelt and Wood had talked often and passionately about events in Cuba and the prospect of war. "We both felt very strongly that such a war would be as righteous as it would be advantageous to the honor and the interests of the nation," Roosevelt later wrote. "After the blowing up of the Maine, we felt that it was inevitable. We then at once began to try and see that we had our share in it."

www.spanamwar.com...

[Edited on 8-9-2003 by quaneeri]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
There must have been a think tank crew left over from the
bombing of the Maine.

What did we ever do with Cuba after routing the Spanish.
What are we going to do with IRAQ.
And Afghanistan.
Tin foil think tankers get you hats on so the vibes don't leak out
to the mass media.
Forgot, you control the mass media, the government, the banks ...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
hey, did they ever find out the real man behind the scene of who killed kennedy? i think it was fidel castro. he got wind that kennedy was going to assasinate him and replace him with a puppet govt., so fidel then hired several people to go shoot him. and this northwoods document has a ring about it. 911. let people in over here to hit buildings so we would go into a war with iraq. we never found nukes there like some speculated. i beleive it was a way to get closer to the real target. to surruound iran. think about it. we are in what countries right now over there. now tell me what is in the middle we have not occupied yet. IRAN.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I looked over those documents and the info in them is "interesting" to say the least, however, I have doubts. I was looking at the documents and something odd kept popping out about them. Outline boxes surround each line of text. The lines alot of time do not match up or actually veer away from the above or below line of text. It almost looks like someone exactoed lines of text and transfered them to a piece of paper then photo copied or scanned them. For example the first page, if you look at the seal in the upper right hand corner there is no outline box around the printed seal , but there is on the header, text , date and so on and so forth. By no means am I an expert but something doesn't seem right with the docs. even the classification codes at the bottom of the pages are outlined and askewed. A couple of lines of outlined text actually curves like smile or frown in some instances and is easy to discerne by comparing them to the upper or lower line of text. Anyone else see what I am talking about?

new topics

top topics

join