is haarp visible on google earth?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I was recently looking for HAARP on google earth, and I cant seem to find it, oddly enough though, I managed to find something in that area that has been black-barred maps.google.com...,+alaska&ll=62.139842,-141.245728&spn=0.612119,1.925629&t=k&hl=en

is that it?

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
wow weird, where is exactly haarp?

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   

The facility is located at:

* 62 deg 23.5 min North Latitude
* 145 deg 8.8 min West Longitude
Source

I'd say that must be HAARP. I'm amazed that the installation is so massive though, that's a huge area they censored. The shape is interesting as well. You'd think anything other than an airstrip would occupy a space of land which is in the shape of a square, not a rather long rectangle. I'm assuming that's not all HAARP though, and most of that land isn't being used.

I'm guessing you'd have a better idea though, considering you're the one researching HAARP, where as I have little knowledge of the program.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
actually, i just found haarp, and that black box is not it. so that begs the question of what actually is under the black box????

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
It's a mapping error or a programming error.
There's more at these links.
Wierd lookin' one
Another one.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
i did a little bit of research through past threads and someone brought this up as being fort griely? where the national missile defense program is being built, whether that is true or not, im not sure, but just some food for thought/debate.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I thought if it wasn't a place they wanted public eyes to see they'd blur it like they did with the Vatican Embassy and Cheney's house.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I have one for you… Why did they blur out the congress building, but not the white house and the other places in Washington?

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
I have one for you… Why did they blur out the congress building, but not the white house and the other places in Washington?

What building do you mean when you say "the congress bldg"?
I see the US capitol bldg without blur-out.

Sarge

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
HAARP=HIGH Frequency Active Auroral Research Program

Program Purpose

HAARP is a scientific endeavor aimed at studying the properties and behavior of the ionosphere, with particular emphasis on being able to understand and use it to enhance communications and surveillance systems for both civilian and defense purposes.

The HAARP program is committed to developing a world class ionospheric research facility consisting of:

* The ionospheric research instrument (IRI), a high power transmitter facility operating in the HF frequency range. The IRI will be used to temporarily excite a limited area of the ionosphere for scientific study.
* A sophisticated suite of Scientific (or "diagnostic") instruments that will be used to observe the physical processes that occur in the excited region.

Observation of the processes resulting from the use of the IRI in a controlled manner will allow scientists to better understand processes that occur continuously under the natural stimulation of the sun.

Scientific instruments installed at the HAARP Observatory will be useful for a variety of continuing research efforts which do not involve the use of the IRI but are strictly passive. Among these studies include ionospheric characterization using satellite beacons, telescopic observation of the fine structure in the aurora, and documentation of long-term variations in the ozone layer.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SgtCamo

Originally posted by defcon5

What building do you mean when you say "the congress bldg"?
I see the US capitol bldg without blur-out.

Sarge

Correct the one at the end of the Smithsonian Mall. I was trying to show a co-worker the owl in the landscaping around the building. On Teraserver, I could only find an old aerial photograph, and when I tried to use google it was blurred out at the lowest level in straight lines that did not go over the roads, but also covered over some of the buidlings on the other side of the street.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
in reference to the blackboxed area of my first post, It turns out that it is not Fort Greely either, so right now, we still do not know what this blacked out area is, and it dosent look like satellite error to me.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben94gt
and it dosent look like satellite error to me.

Not satellite, programming error.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
This is HAARP, it's not really that hi-res though:

maps.google.com...,0.067514&t=k&hl=en

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
This is HAARP, it's not really that hi-res though:

maps.google.com...,0.067514&t=k&hl=en

yes, i found haarp after a while, now im trying to figure out what that black box is, I disagree with the programming area, because you usually see that where two different satellite images have been spliced together, and a lot of those black boxes occur, take a look at colorado springs for example.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Look at the area on the Terraserver website then and see if the box is still there.
If it is, then there's something important there that they don't want you to see.
If the box isn't there, then it's a programming/mapping error done by Google.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I know this is going against the flow here but if that was just built recently after the incedent with the space shuttle, than that may be an emergency landing stripe and facility.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Of course, since it is in alaska, it could have been and old statregic air force launch site during the cold war with russia.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   
If you zoom in an observe the borders of the rectangle, you will see that this is INDEED where multiple images are joined. This part of google earth has been questioned on ATS many times and the concensus is that it is just an error. Anyways, there are no roads or tracks going to this part of the map, and there is generally nothing else strange about it besides the fact that it has been accidentally blacked out.

Zip

top topics

<<   2 >>

join