It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists admit: we were wrong about 'E'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The study was based on the fact that laboratory monkeys and baboons had a severe reaction to the drug when it was injected in small doses. But it emerged this weekend that the vials of liquid did not contain ecstasy. Instead, the animals received a dose of methamphetamine, or speed - a drug widely known to affect the body's dopamine system. The tubes had somehow been mislabelled by the supplier.

observer.guardian.co.uk...

So ecstasy is okay until they do a new study?

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I wonder how many other stupid mistakes they make. Kinda funny. They must be embarrassed.

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Quote from article
But today, scientists are facing up to the humiliation of admitting that the stark results they reported in the study were not a breakthrough but a terrible, humiliating blunder.

Translation - We screwed the pooch. Sorry forks we based all our results on giving the monkeys the wrong stuff. Notice that they are blaming the supplier for mislabling the vails. Sounds like a convenient excuse for a colossal mistake. Did any one of those guys ever heard of quality checks - which is standard practice in scientific endeavors and matters of engineering. You are suppossed to test the stuff you use to make sure it is the proper quality - you do not trust your supplier 100%. (Also there is always the possibility of contamination within your organization - which is why you perform quality control checks.)

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 01:32 AM
link   
While at a party about a year ago, I had to take a young girl to the emergency room . She had her stomach pumped and spent two nights in the hospital. Overdose? Yes and no. While it was very potent, it was also laced with all sorts of stuff I couldn't hope to pronounce.

E is not good for you. I've seen a good many students fall into some very bad habits while using this stuff. Furthermore, another study does indicate that MDMA destroys synapses.

Rant over.

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It's nice to know that the mistake surfaced. I still wouldn't bother with any of those substances. I like to kick it with Mary Jane.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I did a lot of X when it first took off. But I agree, it's changed. You don't know what you're getting anymore. Half the time, it has Heroin in it....for that little extra addiction effect, I guess. The last few times I did it, I couldn't stay awake. I fell asleep a few times before I decided I was just wasting my money. I haven't messed with it for years now. I'm sure as hell not going to pay $30 - $40 to go to sleep!

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Aye, Ecstasy can still do harm to your brain, not to mention there could be other drugs in the tab.

If it doesn't come directly from a plant I wouldn't mess with it.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mycroft
The study was based on the fact that laboratory monkeys and baboons had a severe reaction to the drug when it was injected in small doses. But it emerged this weekend that the vials of liquid did not contain ecstasy. Instead, the animals received a dose of methamphetamine, or speed - a drug widely known to affect the body's dopamine system. The tubes had somehow been mislabelled by the supplier.

observer.guardian.co.uk...

So ecstasy is okay until they do a new study?

No, it is not "okay"

What kind of stupid ass comment was that..

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I can't do E it'll wreck me seretonin production fer a very long time and i have imbalance as it is, that and i wouldn't trust E from around here cuz i've seen alot of chems around here and they are #ty qual, i wish i could get me some '___' tho!! the closest thing i get is morning glory seeds LSA

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I saw what E did to my best friend. A happy life and soul of the party type, intelligent with a good career. Of course he had all the ready made arguement about how it wasn't dangerous but now he is and has none of the above. Last time I saw him all he talked about was drugs. Bad and boring!

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 03:00 AM
link   
E is such a crappy drug the effects arent that good, i have never tried it (never will) but my brother says it aint fun to take.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   
e is very bad for you. i have "played" with e for a while now. i slowed down almost completely to a stop and im happy for myself. but i wouldnt go as far as to say its not fun. its perfect euphoria. but after you see one of your friends convulsing on the floor you kinda take that as a sighn to stop. besides its cheeply made now and what your getting isnt what you want.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Bah. E is for rave pussies.

I used to get wet.

that's some crap.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
E is such a crappy drug the effects arent that good, i have never tried it (never will) but my brother says it aint fun to take.

He obviously didn't take real E then

top topics

join