It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Face Transplants ? Two Doctors Want To Try This.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This sounds like they are going to attempt this surgery.

Your face will be removed and replaced with one donated from a cadaver, matched for tissue type, age, sex and skin color. Surgery should last 8 to 10 hours; the hospital stay, 10 to 14 days

ABC NEWS REPORT

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Yeah, I saw this on ATSNN. I am a big supporter of this, if it is succesful and gives a burn victim some of what life was like before being burned. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose my face... your face is who you are, it's something so critical to a person socially and personally, that to lose that is to lose part of yourself. I just hope this gets safer in time, so it's not so much of a gamble. But I guess all surgery has some risk.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
This is really going to happen. I can not imagine going through something like this. I hope it works out for the ones that need it done.

FIVE men and seven women — all severely disfigured — have been shortlisted in the “face race” to receive the world’s first face transplant.

Here is the update on the Story

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
how would they get the fact to transfer over your own existing skeletal structure? they would literally have to reconstruct your whole face. i get that it is possible yet it seems so IMpossible.

i cant even imagine how they would do such a procedure and what that would look like to see a person on the table with no face

Kind Regards,
DigitalGrl

top topics

join