It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An example of Mainstream Media 'infighting'.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
BBC denies anti-US bias.

The BBC strongly defended itself overnight against accusations of anti-US bias after British Prime Minister Tony Blair reportedly complained to media tycoon Rupert Murdoch about the public broadcaster's coverage of Hurricane Katrina.

The BBC said it had received no complaint from Mr Blair's office and said that its coverage of last month's natural disaster "was committed solely to relaying the event fully, accurately and impartially".
Downing Street meanwhile refused to comment.

One major British newspaper and a former leading BBC journalist hit out also at the criticism which Mr Murdoch, chairman of News Corporation, attributed to Mr Blair.

R Murdoch told a seminar hosted by former US president Bill Clinton on Friday in New York that Mr Blair had described the BBC World Service radio's hurricane coverage as "full of hate" towards the United States.

PDF Transcript

PM Tony Blair, or more to the point...Downing Street better get the Media Department into top gear as Rupert Murdoch has control of FOX, and will be hard to beat, when it comes to broadcasting whatever FOX News does.

News Corporation.

Sanc'.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I didnt know Murdock owns Fox. That explains alot ..thanks for that information. I will add it to my loose assortment of info and use it to tie some of the lose threads together.

I agree the BBC does seem to lean left even in the days before home computers I noticed this in its shortwave format.

Thanks,
Orangetom

join