It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can this man save the world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
If it reduces my fuel consumption by 40% I'll buy that. This guy needs to be funded and his product made available as soon as possible. Maybe things don't look so dim after all.

www.canada.com...

It" is his Hydrogen Generating Module, or H2N-Gen for short.

Smaller than a DVD player - small enough to sit comfortably under the hood of any truck or car - it could be big enough to solve the world's greenhouse gas emission problems, at least for the near future. In fact, it could make the Kyoto protocol obsolete. Basically, the H2N-Gen contains a small reservoir of distilled water and other chemicals such as potassium hydroxide. A current is run from the car battery through the liquid. This process of electrolysis creates hydrogen and oxygen gases which are then fed into the engine's intake manifold where they mix with the gasoline vapours.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Hi there.. does this inventor hold a U.S.A./Canada Patent?, for the spcecial apparatus?

Dallas

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
A great find Dallas. I liked this part of the story:

He cautions that it's "only a go when everything is finished." But if all goes smoothly, he said, it could be out on the market in six to 12 months

All these type stories in the past was to be in the future but seemed to never happen. Always heard it said the oil companys would not like this and probably attempt to purchase the patent if you know what I mean.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This is the probably the most exciting thing I've seen in ages. I am surprised that it has made it as far as it has.

The article indicates it could be ready for the average car by next year. I hate to get my hopes up, but I really would like to see this one pan out.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   
This is truly amazing. If all his claims are correct I will be one of the early adopters of this unit
I wonder, as it's not mentioned, if there is any performace impact suffered from using this device. I can't fathom any other reason beyond the added weight it would introduce, but maybe a more educated mind in automotive workings can chime in. If there's no significant performance hit then I can really see NO NEGATIVE views on this thing. Amazingly it will kill several birds with one tiny stone, so to speak. Not only do we get to help clean the air and save the world, but we enjoy significantly lower fuel spending, longer maintenance intervals, and quite possibly IMPROVED performance gained with burning the fuel more efficiently! Somehow I see Honda Motor Company being the first to implement this gadget in their vehicle lineup. This thing will be greater than slice bread, toasted and buttered!

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
From the same article

It can be attached to any kind of internal combustion engine: diesel, gasoline, propane/natural gas.

Woohoo Diesel included fingers toes and eye`s crossed that a large oil company does`nt buy him out and shelve it.

Nice find

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Ok, so let's hope our Canadian "Powers that Be" don't use the same Paternalistic Logic that Diefenbaker did when he nuked the Arrow.

Only in Canada You Say? Fer Sure 'Eh!

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by valkeryie
*If it reduces my fuel consumption by 40% I'll buy that.
*This guy needs to be funded and his product made available as soon as possible.
*Maybe things don't look so dim after all.

www.canada.com...

... H2N-Gen for short ...

good reading

* doesn't the article report the fuel use is reduced only 10% ??

* This guy...absolutely, positively...does not want funding...or a whole bunch of fingers in the pie!
He also has a plan of sorts...installing the H2N-Gen on gov't fleet vehicles
and being compensated in fuel savings costs (~10%) and 'Carbon Credits'

* If the H2N-Gen is made manditory that would make the 20 something 'blends' of locally mandated gasoline no longer needed!

but, i can see a blackmarket of stolen H2N-Gen devices, for all those late model vehicles without them.
The $4K+ price tag is very expensive...
and vehicles without the devices will not be able to meet the newer stringent emmissions controls, designed to get the junkers, or custom & pimped out vehicles, off the road.
..ergo, a blackmarket of stolen H2N-Gen's
~~~~

If history is any indicator...
this apparent 'blessing' will be twisted into a curse & paradox, by the financiers & politicans & all those preditors in this neo-darwinist world.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
valkeryie,
I just saw this, but before I did, I submitted an ATSNN article on it. I had found that article on my own, and did not pull it from here. I did an ATS search for H2n-gen and nothing came up, so I submitted it. Sorry to get crossed up. Mine can be deleted or w/e...

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This story has been debunked on /.

Here is the link....

science.slashdot.org.../09/18/1638204&tid=187&tid=14

Many problems with this story btw......

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
after reading a good bit of that sardion, I am not so convinced that this has been debunked... I guess time will tell. But thanks for pointing that out.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I only pointed out the story originally written by the Montreal Gazette was rife with errors, I really have no comment on the actual device itself but it does make me suspicious. If he pulls through on his offering this device for free to say CN Rail for a % of the fuel savings then he's going to be the next Bill Gates IMO.

I guess ATS has me a bit jaded after dozens of so-called cures for our problems.

[edit on 19-9-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Didn't our little buddy Robert Lazar also have an H2 engine project going??? (i.e. United Nuclear)...

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This isn't an H2 engine project, this is adding H2 into a regular engine burning regular Gasoline/Diesel. The theory being that it would help it burn cleaner and more efficient. I have my doubts however. I posted a lengthly rebuttal in this thread here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyone please feel free to Rebut my Rebuttal.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It just be shorthand...Lazar's project be one in the same...

Bunch o' bilge most likely! Just blowin' cannon smoke up me arse!

top topics

join