It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown trails in the night sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Ok i'm totally speechless about this.
Saw this trail on my way home from my grandma's. Got my bro to snap a few pics with his k750i. Got home and took a few more with my olympus digicam. Sorry if most of the pics are blurry, my hands were shaking with excitement. Anyone care to give a heads up on what this might be?

This is a link for all the photos for those that are interested s26.yousendit.com...

EDIT (for more details):
If i wasn't wrong, there were 3 trails that appeared. As for why the positions changed I am not very sure. Hope it helps.

[edit on 18-9-2005 by Shroud]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
How much noise was there, did It move quikcy, did you see the source of all the smoke?

Downloading the rar file now

[edit on 18-9-2005 by Th0r]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Aircraft contrails lit by the moon. They don't only happen during the daytime.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
oh haha the moon, i thought the ball of light was moving around, silly me.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Aircraft contrails lit by the moon. They don't only happen during the daytime.

That was what I thought at first, but I don't think the size of aircraft contrails are that big. FYI I'm from Singapore and the jet planes that we have are A4 Super Skyhawks, F5 Tigers and F16 Falcons.

Nope there was no noise heard. Nothing was seen flying. The trail just seemed to stretch from 1 end of my eyes to the other.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Contrails tend for form very high, usually somewhere near 30,000 feet so you won't hear anything, and you usually don't see anything, just the trail forming. I've seen some pretty big contrails before, depending on the plane that was flying overhead. A 747 leaves a pretty impressive sized contrail.

[edit on 18-9-2005 by Zaphod58]

join