It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Rita ( Bad News For Gulf )

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Station 42040 - MOBILE SOUTH 64 nm South of Dauphin Island, AL

Buoy

Wind Direction (WDIR): E ( 90 deg true )
Wind Speed (WSPD): 31.1 kts
Wind Gust (GST): 38.9 kts
Wave Height (WVHT): 23.0 ft
Dominant Wave Period (DPD): 14 sec
Average Period (APD): 8.9 sec
Mean Wave Direction (MWDIR): ESE ( 109 deg true )
Atmospheric Pressure (PRES): 29.70 in
Pressure Tendency (PTDY): +0.01 in ( Steady )
Air Temperature (ATMP): 83.1 °F
Water Temperature (WTMP): 83.3 °F

[edit on 22-9-2005 by Harry55]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dangermouse
Point well taken Regenmacher
I appreciate your opinion and your data to back it up.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy Bastardi too. I just see his motivations for dumping on the NHC and that's the same NHC he gets his info from...bad doggy.

wwwa.accuweather.com...

[edit on 22-9-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Harry's going deep for data looks like...

Storm Special! View the latest observations near Hurricane Rita. click here

observations reported for 0000 GMT
42001 101.0 knts wind gust

www.ndbc.noaa.gov...

[edit on 22-9-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Station 42001 - MID GULF 180 nm South of Southwest Pass, LA.

Wind Direction (WDIR): S ( 170 deg true )
Wind Speed (WSPD): 69.9 kts
Wind Gust (GST): 89.4 kts
Wave Height (WVHT): 24.6 ft
Dominant Wave Period (DPD): 10 sec
Average Period (APD): 7.3 sec
Mean Wave Direction (MWDIR): SW ( 229 deg true )
Atmospheric Pressure (PRES): 28.40 in
Pressure Tendency (PTDY): +1.07 in ( Rising Rapidly )
Air Temperature (ATMP): 78.8 °F
Water Temperature (WTMP): 81.3 °F
Dew Point (DEWP): 78.8 °F
Heat Index (HEAT): 83.1 °F

This is 100 mph gusts at sea level 180 nm south of coast. If I am converting properly.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Regenmacher, these kts,knots and # all run together for this East Tn Boy. Makes my head hurt. I think I will leave that to you guys & gals.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
As 10:32pm on Accuweather:

Maybe it's not as bad as it looks?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Mirlin11 Check this one out

I expect the 11 pm update to have the pressure and wind stronger. It should be out shortly.

After looking at it a while I dont know.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
the universe is a hologram .reality is an interferrence of wave pattrens ( broken symatry fragmenting into eachothers conscious freqeuncy .the way a hologram works is every peice of the puzzle has the entire picture in it unlike a photograph .themodynamics proves that theres is a octave above the qauntum vaccum that connects us all . furthur more the brain can not store words as words it stores them in waves (angles , numbers , octaves , fragments)words bleed thunder )your dna body( hologrsaphic memory) is made of thoughts in the neruociritry of the brain . i belive this is were infinite is stored.we can kinematically sway throug hunderlieing solidaritons , correlations of perpection .linar time is but an illusion . it is teh field in which our thoughts blend into ifinite . every fragment of matter is made up of super strings between qaurks in electrons . these have an inwarded folding property into compacted hyper space dimentions .are charkas points are satilites to hyper space . our own personal wormhole(zero point).life was all about expanding teh universe . every fragment create it dimentions. the art life is inprinted this field by attuenign your self ot things beyond space/time .. the third dimention is earth the fourth how we perceive it time , 5th higher self , 6thentorpy , 7th godtone ,...ect indigo children turned back time to inprint teh indigo intragel inside the humans as we pass through the photon belt opening our mind , the earths axis attune to teh hunab ku , tree of maya , stream of life , the skitzophrenic octave( freqeuncy);angle of perpection is attuned to infinite . i always see teh mutliplying holograms pixelateing over everthing . celestial eyes at the speed of light .i am a dolphin child (great telapath , maste rof empathya nd wave craveing( munipulation ) , studder cause he has a modn attune to infnite always raceing through every fragment . my mayan horoscope is a mayan jagaur when i found aplha numeric values for words i found a correlation ebtween mayan jagaur and holographic ! dolphin gave me a correlation with galaxies . which makes sense because dolphins share traits of every planetary origin being a fusion of the universe because it is they are one of teh highest third dimention octaves in waves : holographic memory; consciousness=soul ...i belive they are vishnus . masters of death and the devine geomotry and qauntum mechnics os consciousness and the blue print . two thousand and twelve gave me the same number as beyong third dimention .. thatw as something . everythign is a wave gave me the same as rise through light , and worm hole ot siruis . dna is a holographic system gave me a shift in consciousness . ... foudn millosn of otehrs . its crazy .. peace

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Hi starspark,

While your post was a bit difficult to read because of the formating and lack of capital letters, I do know a bit about the information you wanted to share. Unfortunately, this is not the correct topic board to post to. I believe a better board to post to would be Origins & Creationism Conspiracy or perhaps int the BTS forums under Faith, Spirituality & Theology.

Also, you should consider posting some links that have more information about the universe as a hologram, for people who are interested in it.

[Mods.. sorry about the break in the thread that I have contributed to.
]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I am going out on a limb here and saying the reports from the NHC right now are nonsense. They have been known to overstate storms over the past few years. I think however in this case they are greatly under stating it. The same thing was done for Andrew. Once they realized that evacuations were not going well the wind speeds for Andrew all the sudden came down. I think this was done to avoid chaos for those left behind. Same for Houston and the massive evacuation problems they are having.

Why do I think its stronger?

917mb is lower than Andrew. Yet Andrew had sustained winds 25mph higher. I was watching the Weather Channel and they were talking to someone on a hurricane hunter and they observed 200mph flight level winds. That translates to 170 to 180mph at the surface. The storm is absolutely massive and it is expanding. For now I wouldn't put much faith in any report issued by the NHC. If you are in its path I'd plan as if the storm were a category 5 storm. If it ends up really only being a 2, 3 or 4 you'll at least be prepared.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
11 pm Update from NOAA

AT 10 PM CDT...0300Z...THE CENTER OF HURRICANE RITA WAS LOCATED NEAR
LATITUDE 26.2 NORTH... LONGITUDE 90.3 WEST OR ABOUT 350 MILES...
560 KM... SOUTHEAST OF GALVESTON TEXAS AND ABOUT 310 MILES... 495
KM...SOUTHEAST OF CAMERON LOUISIANA.

RITA IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST-NORTHWEST NEAR 10 MPH...17 KM/HR. A
GRADUAL TURN TOWARD THE NORTHWEST IS EXPECTED DURING THE NEXT 24
HOURS. ON THIS TRACK...THE CORE OF RITA WILL BE APPROACHING THE
SOUTHWEST LOUISIANA AND UPPER TEXAS COASTS LATE FRIDAY.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 140 MPH...220 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER
GUSTS. RITA IS AN EXTREMELY DANGEROUS CATEGORY FOUR HURRICANE ON
THE SAFFIR-SIMPSON SCALE. SOME FLUCTUATIONS IN STRENGTH ARE
EXPECTED DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
THE LATEST MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE REPORTED BY AN AIR FORCE
HURRICANE HUNTER AIRCRAFT WAS 917 MB...27.08 INCHES

Something I would Like Add To Get Your Thoughts.

RITA IS EXPECTED TO PRODUCE RAINFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 8 TO 12
INCHES...WITH ISOLATED MAXIMUM AMOUNTS OF 15 INCHES OVER
SOUTHEASTERN TEXAS AND SOUTHWESTERN LOUISIANA AS IT MOVES INLAND.
SINCE RITA IS EXPECTED TO SLOW DOWN SIGNIFICANTLY AFTER MAKING
LANDFALL...TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS IN EXCESS OF 25 INCHES ARE
POSSIBLE OVER THE NEXT SEVERAL DAYS OVER EASTERN TEXAS AND WESTERN
LOUISIANA.

And

THE CORE OF RITA WILL BE APPROACHING THE
SOUTHWEST LOUISIANA AND UPPER TEXAS COASTS LATE FRIDAY.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by starspark
the universe is a hologram .reality is an interferrence of wave pattrens ( broken symatry fragmenting into eachothers conscious freqeuncy .the way a hologram works is every peice of the puzzle has the entire picture in it unlike a photograph .themodynamics proves that theres is a octave above the qauntum vaccum that connects us all . furthur more the brain can not store words as words it stores them in waves (angles , numbers , octaves , fragments)words bleed thunder )your dna body( hologrsaphic memory) is made of thoughts in the neruociritry of the brain . i belive this is were infinite is stored.we can kinematically sway throug hunderlieing solidaritons , correlations of perpection .linar time is but an illusion . it is teh field in which our thoughts blend into ifinite . every fragment of matter is made up of super strings between qaurks in electrons . these have an inwarded folding property into compacted hyper space dimentions .are charkas points are satilites to hyper space . our own personal wormhole(zero point).life was all about expanding teh universe . every fragment create it dimentions. the art life is inprinted this field by attuenign your self ot things beyond space/time .. the third dimention is earth the fourth how we perceive it time , 5th higher self , 6thentorpy , 7th godtone ,...ect indigo children turned back time to inprint teh indigo intragel inside the humans as we pass through the photon belt opening our mind , the earths axis attune to teh hunab ku , tree of maya , stream of life , the skitzophrenic octave( freqeuncy);angle of perpection is attuned to infinite . i always see teh mutliplying holograms pixelateing over everthing . celestial eyes at the speed of light .i am a dolphin child (great telapath , maste rof empathya nd wave craveing( munipulation ) , studder cause he has a modn attune to infnite always raceing through every fragment . my mayan horoscope is a mayan jagaur when i found aplha numeric values for words i found a correlation ebtween mayan jagaur and holographic ! dolphin gave me a correlation with galaxies . which makes sense because dolphins share traits of every planetary origin being a fusion of the universe because it is they are one of teh highest third dimention octaves in waves : holographic memory; consciousness=soul ...i belive they are vishnus . masters of death and the devine geomotry and qauntum mechnics os consciousness and the blue print . two thousand and twelve gave me the same number as beyong third dimention .. thatw as something . everythign is a wave gave me the same as rise through light , and worm hole ot siruis . dna is a holographic system gave me a shift in consciousness . ... foudn millosn of otehrs . its crazy .. peace

what the hell did you eat?

its about as interesting as it is out of place
perhaps the start of something.

Anyways,, im starting to see the same swelling pattern I saw last night as it exited the floridan straights. my question to the weather gurus here is if the eye wall will enter another recycling phase before it makes landfall, or if this current strengthening will continue.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
11 pm est update ACCU WEATHER

Today's Discussion Posted: September 22, 2005 11:14 p.m.

Rita remains a category 4 hurricane with winds of 145 mph with gusts to
170 mph. This is the season's second category 5 hurricane. The only other time in recorded history that this happened was in 1960 and again in 1961. However, the intensity of both Rita and Katrina were much lower than the category 5's of 1960 and 1961. As of 11:00 p.m. CDT Thursday evening, Rita was centered near 26.2 north and 90.3 west. This places Rita 310 miles southeast of Galveston, Texas. The minimum central pressure is 917 millibars (27.07 inches of mercury). This storm has been the third most intense Atlantic basin hurricane ever recorded. Rita is currently moving to the west-northwest at 10 mph. Hurricane-force winds extend outward up to 80 miles, and tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 205 miles from the center of circulation. The storm will fluctuate in strength over the next 24 hours. Tropical storm force winds are already arriving along the Louisana coast due north of Rita and tropical storm force winds will arrive along the southeast Louisiana coast and the upper Texas coast during Friday morning and Friday afternoon. Hurricane force winds will start to affect the upper Texas coast and the southeast Louisiana coast later Friday night.

There is a slight differance but still both forecast a dangerous Hurricane. Please leave and get to saftey.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I think the storm just went through a replacement cycle. Not sure if there will be another one. No way to tell. I think she just really spread out her windfield through which is going to cause havok with power in TX. It doesn't take hurricane force winds to take out power. I'm thinking 50mph starts the trouble. The more power that gets taken out the longer it will take to get it back on. I don't know about the rest of you but nothing would make me unhappier than spending a week in the TX heat without AC.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Indy I agree with you on whats happening now. You can see that after watching the satelite imagery. Rita is going through some changes and will continue to. The fact is when it gets to the coast it will play havoc on whatever spot it decides. I do feel that overnight this storm has a good chance of being stronger if its not already.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harry55
Regenmacher, these kts,knots and # all run together for this East Tn Boy. Makes my head hurt. I think I will leave that to you guys & gals.

I am no fan of bouy data either.

I rather watch satellite images, especially this late with the midnight oil lamp running and my brain on three legged squirrel cage power.

Here's an ominous one, the colors that is:

www.tceq.state.tx.us...

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Wow thats a nice one . If I looked at that right it shows the northern outer band of Rita starts east in the Atlantic running across 5 Southern states and back into the Gulf. I do not think I have ever saw that before.

I am tired too. Had to edit twice. ha...

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
New Orleans and Southeast Louisiana are about to take the worst kind of beating. These winds are moving in a counter-clockwise motion and even though they will not be of hurricane strength unless there is a sudden lunge to the east it will be enough to push water from the Gulf into Lake Borgne and Lake Ponchartrain. The rain will make this even worse. The levees are in no shape to endure this, I imagine.

I have seen pressure gradients formed by a high pressure system in New England and a low pressure system in the Gulf cause flooding in the river parishes. This is not good no matter where the storm goes at this point.

[edit on 2005/9/23 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
I am going out on a limb here and saying the reports from the NHC right now are nonsense. They have been known to overstate storms over the past few years. I think however in this case they are greatly under stating it.

Agreed...note also the stock market jumped like 50 points as soon as they downgraded from 5 to 4.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Agreed...note also the stock market jumped like 50 points as soon as they downgraded from 5 to 4.

Are you implying the NHC is doing stock market plunge protection?

I love it, that's what I call a good conspiracy idea.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join