It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Rita ( Bad News For Gulf )

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Just a heads up for everyone in Dallas. I stopped by 6 gas stations on the way home from work today.....they are all out of gas. Some grocery stores are out of bottled water. Welcome to crazy town everyone.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Models are indicating Rita may stall out over Texas and Louisiana border so maybe good idea to top off and/or stock up on food, batteries, candles, etc

GFS vort loop here:
weather.cod.edu...

[edit on 22-9-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Wow dbates that crazy!! The stations will probably be aout of gas for at least 2-3 days [IMO] due to the shut down of the refineries, and the time it would take for the gas trucks to arrive from other locations. Hmmm.. I wonder if the empty shelves in the stores will stay that way for a couple of days also?

This is all such a sad situation.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
dbates, I stopped today in East Tennessee and filled up while I could for $ 2.68 agal for the cheap stuff. It will not stay there long with all going on.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I have a friend in Dallas who stocked up and filled up her tank already, thank God.

Accuweather as of 8:45pm:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This shows what to expect from water rise. Wow

This provided by The Weather Channel

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Hi all,

Here is another story about people being stranded and unable to evacuate. It seems as if there was no plan set in place for people without transportation.

news.yahoo.com...

The story also talks about people cannot leave because either the gas stations are out of gas, the banks and check cashing places are closed or out of money, and the stores are out of essentials.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Did anyone catch Joe Bastardi on FOX? He seems to still be betting on a near direct hit to Houston and called the NHC fluctuating paths a "pendulum of panic"

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
djohnsto77, I missed that. Would like to of watched. Anything else we missed ? I respect his opinion.

[edit on 22-9-2005 by Harry55]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
They're going to have him back on any minute now they said.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harry55
djohnsto77, I missed that. Would like to of watched. Anything else we missed ? I respect his opinion.

I agree, he seems to be time and time again one of the more accurate meteorologists out there. He's kinda fiery too, I like that in a weather man!

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Did anyone catch Joe Bastardi on FOX? He seems to still be betting on a near direct hit to Houston and called the NHC fluctuating paths a "pendulum of panic"

pendulum of panic? Bastardi has short term memory with his Katrina-cast and plenty others.

I been watching accuwx for years, and they only do a better job at one liners perhaps.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher

pendulum of panic? Bastardi has short term memory with his Katrina-cast and plenty others.

I been watching accuwx for years, and they only do a better job at one liners perhaps.

Really?, I thought he nailed Katrinas path.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   

The big reason besides uncertainty the NHC flucations the EXACT forecasted path is to avoid a situation we had with Charley, Port Charlette was never in the 'black line' exact forecast track so many didnt think they had to worry about it. Now the NHC likes to move the black line around just so it touches everywhere they think is at risk.

Accuweather vs the National Weather Service is a conspiracy topic in itself. Now is the time to prepare for a hurricane, not a silly my doppler is bigger flame fest.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
This is shocking

With the type surge expected this is going to be terrible. Is this not the worst place on the coast for Rita to hit ?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dangermouse

Really?, I thought he nailed Katrinas path.

No he didn't get right till 48 hours out, and he's shows a lack of professionalism if he's going to bash NHC while stumping for his precious Senator Santorum's bill to limit free weather info. In Texas they would say he's all hat and no cattle.

Here's another fine example:

Since the Senator serves the public trust, what he should hope for is an apology from AccuWeather, and in particular Joe Bastardi, concerning last week's erroneous AccuWeather forecast that showed Hurricane Ophelia following a similar track as Hurricane Katrina - shame on him for causing even more worry for the several million directly affected by that disaster.

Katrina

This graphic shows ALL TPC/NHC tracks from Friday 8/26/05 5PM Forecast/Advisory through initial LA landfall on Monday morning:

Bastardi Accuwx Inc uses the same data the NHC/NOAA provides and if anyone is apt to skew the data it's a private company. I like my data on a clean plate free of tabloid bs, especially when I already paid for with my taxes.

Bastardi is for entertainment purposes imo, and he can stay out of my weather data access.

[edit on 22-9-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylvrshadow
WOW!! Thats some awesome work Indy!! How long did it take you to do it??

It wasn't too bad once I figured out what I was doing. I'm guessing 5 to 10 minutes to grab all 119 or so images. Total build time was maybe 10 to 15 minutes. Again there was that learning curve.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I cant believe it... Im way north of Waco... and there is no gas no where!!! this is crazy...

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Point well taken Regenmacher
I appreciate your opinion and your data to back it up.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Fox just reporting 27 ft waves detected on a weather buoy out in Gulf in front of New Orleans. Gone to check it out.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join