It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Rita ( Bad News For Gulf )

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
"Collective Consciousness"......

I wonder.....

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
From Acuu Weather New Storm Tract Prediction.

This has moved north. One model still showing Rita possibly going over NO. But most point to north of Galveston.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Thank you so much Gazrok.

Regenmacher,
According to this map, your landfall projection might be correct. Of course it is still a wait and see scenario.

Hopefully you can see this picture, if not here is the link:
www.nhc.noaa.gov...

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It really looks like it's back to a five (if it ever did actually drop to a four), the pressure never went above five territory and the latest observed winds from the hurricane hunter is 153 MPH...I'm sure there's some point in that storm that has at least 156 MPH sustained winds.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Ooohh....now THATs a conspiracy theory...using HAARP to send these storms to free the US of it's oil dependancy! I don't believe it, but it's a great angle!

Or if the Mid LA landfall projection is right, perhaps a conspiracy to rid the government once and for all of its newly obligated financial commitment to rebuild NO...

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I just as soon pray it stalls and poofs off the map. It would be intriguing to do some legitimate mass consciousness experiments on a global scale, but that's not "PC" in today's enviroment. Guess for now we have to settle for monitoring it at Princeton.

Bad news is models are showing stationary potential over land.
euler.atmos.colostate.edu...

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Last night during the satellite eclipse something happened to this storm much like what happened to Katrina during the blackout. You have a very healthy storm and then during the blackout when no images are available something happens. The images following the blackout looked bad. The storm took a hit and got disrupted. But just like with Katrina this storm started reorganizing immediately. You would think this wouldn't be the case if there was a change in atmospheric conditions because the trend would continue. But in any case the storm looks impressive once again. Here is the latest dvorak image. Last night when it became ragged most of the white was eaten up. Now the white donut around the eye has fully reformed and there are spots of gray in the white which is the top of the dvorak scale. You may see additional strengthening of this storm if it holds together like this.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
After looking over and over all the maps and Google earth.

The eye is hitting the city of Port Arthur. My prediction.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Something is going on. Here is the absolute latest dvorak image. Look how the gray in the white donut expanded.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
My guess is Lake Charles...for a hit...though Port Arthur's pretty close too...pretty much would hit the other if it hit one I suppose....

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
CNN just announced the tropical storm watch for New Orleans has been upgraded to Tropical Storm Warning.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Gazrok, I didn't necessarily mean a HAARP human-controlled conspiracy, rather "mother nature" or some "higher forces of conciousness" warning us that we can't stay oil dependent for much longer.

That's just how I'm taking it I mean. A "theory" just the same though.

[edit on 22-9-2005 by spacesounds]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Pardon my ignorace, but what is a dvorak image and where are you getting them from?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The dvorak system is used to gauge storm intensity. I've gotten these from the NHC website. www.nhc.noaa.gov... I just grabbed all the images from their image directory since the storm started. Just trying to figure out how to make an animation from these images.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marid Audran
Pardon my ignorace, but what is a dvorak image and where are you getting them from?

Dvorak images here:
www.nhc.noaa.gov...

The Dvorak Technique explained:
www.ssd.noaa.gov...

Dvorak graph of Rita:
cimss.ssec.wisc.edu...

Hope that helps....

Originally posted by Indy
Just trying to figure out how to make an animation from these images.

Dvorak loops here too:
www.ssd.noaa.gov...

[edit on 22-9-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Damn it's 100 degrees outside and I've been putting up boards over windows and I can only get half. Heat index says about 102. You would at least figure that maybe it'd be cooler than it is in Houston considering a hurricane is coming but I guess not.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Accu Weather just posted this:

90% is pretty good odds as to where Rita is going. I think they may be sticking their necks out a little to call landfall this close and this early.

[edit on 22-9-2005 by Harry55]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well Saturday we have that "cold front" that will drop our temps (in Dallas) to only 85.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Hi all,
Here is an interestig article from MSN about the prospect of blasting a hurricane away. www.msnbc.msn.com...

According to the article it cant be done. Of course there are all those rumors about weather control... The house has even passed a bill on the subject.

From this IR image, it seems as if LA is about to be pounded by torrential rains.

Marid Audran,

Here is a link to the national hurricane centers satalite images. If you look under the heading, "More Satellite Imagery and Image Loops", you should see the link for Dorvak imagery. If I am not mistaken, they also have a link that explains how to read the image.

[LOL, well, I was trying to edit this post because I forgot to enter the link, but Regenmacher and Indy have beaten me to the punch
]

[edit on 22-9-2005 by sylvrshadow]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Comic relief break...breath in, breath out, and chuckle.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join