It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: President's Nephew, John Ellis Bush In Trouble With Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Bush family kids in trouble again this time John Ellis Bush, son of Florida Governor Jeb Bush. They busted him on public intoxication and resisting arrest charges. The place Austin(awsome), Texas. The time 2:30 am Saturday. The method, one of 30 downtown surveilance cameras.

www.sun-sentinel .com
AUSTIN, Texas - The youngest son of Florida Gov. Jeb Bush was arrested early Friday and charged with public intoxication and resisting arrest, law enforcement officials said.

John Ellis Bush, 21, was arrested by agents of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission at 2:30 a.m. on a corner of Austin's Sixth Street bar district, said commission spokesman Roger Wade.

The nephew of President Bush was released on $2,500 bond for the resisting arrest charge, and on a personal recognizance bond for the public intoxication charge, officials said.

Wade said he had no further details about the charges.

Gov. Bush and his wife Columba appeared Friday evening at a museum reception in Miami.

"My son's doing fine. It's a private matter. We will support him. We're sad for him. But I'm not going to discuss it on the public square with 30 cameras," the governor told reporters.

It's not the first time Florida's first family has experienced legal problems with one of their children.

Noelle Bush, the governor's daughter, was arrested in January 2002 and accused of trying to pass a fraudulent prescription at a pharmacy to obtain the anti-anxiety drug Xanax. She completed a drug rehabilitation program in August 2003 and a judge dismissed the drug charges against her.

Noelle Bush was sent to jail twice for violating rules during her rehab stint. She was jailed for three days in July 2002 after being caught with prescription pills and served 10 days a month later after being accused of having a small rock of crack coc aine in her shoe

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

What is it with the Bush family kids? Are they all lushes or druggies?

Meet John Ellis Bush, son of Florida Governor Jeb Bush, and seen here in a mug shot taken by the Austin (TX) PD after they busted him on public intoxication and resisting arrest charges.

President Bush's own daughters were also caught for underage drinking. Makes you wonder, don't it?

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
www.chicagotribune.com

[edit on 9/18/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
This story is two or three days old...

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
2:30 saturday morn is not 2 or 3 days old

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Sept. 16, 2005, 7:41PM: www.chron.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Rep/Dem, it is a private matter I feel. Shoot, sometimes even ATS might bite the bullet. Great reporting though.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Title is wrong he is not in the slammer he is out on Bail, needs to be fixed before I vote

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
In or out whatever...in this case i will say they are just humans like the rest of us.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I guess the benefit of being born with millions of dollars has no intrinsic "Good" effects.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Well I don't remember Chelsea Clinton nor Amy Carter going about like those Republican brats.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Does the name Kennedy ring a bell?

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
but none of that crowd was in the president's line. They were not Caroline, not John.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I will hold back my condemnation of this matter, and instead compliment the young "bush brat" on his restraint of string pulling...

he could have said, "George bush is my Uncle", and walked 2 minutes later...

Instead he took a knock, that i am sure has been taken by many in austin. That area is like mardi gras every weekend, and full of fools ready for arrest. Nothing too condeming for the guy...
afterall, someone can be an admitted FORMER coke head and still be president...

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Lazarus,

Ya got a point there.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This is such a non-issue imo, kids do stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'm no Bush fan, unless you're not talking politics,
but what is the story here? My youth would pale these guys. The only reason it's a story is because it's an appendant Bush issue.

I can bury Bush easily on his corporate politics, I don't need this pandering.

Apologies to the author.

new topics

top topics

join