It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why talk about Jet Fighters when you can buy your own on E-bay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Mig 21 Jet for sale on E-bay

Man if I had only won the Megamillions Lotto Drawing Yesterday.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I always love when stuff like this is on Ebay
and only US $225,000

I would buy a Russian MI-24 Hind though if I had that type of income to throw around

www.asiatradingonline.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
And what would you do with a fighter jet? Park it in front of your garage? You sure as hell would have restrictions placed up you kazoo in the US if you owned one.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Dude even if you had those mega millions I'd recommend you do about a 100 hours on subsonic trainers before you go to the MiG-21..
The MiG-21 is not a jet which allows for much pilot error..
Start off with a glider, go on to a cessna, then do a bit with the L-39 albatross, a good subsonic trainer, you have lots of flying clubs in the US fielding that aircraft..
Then Try the F-86 sabre.. rumored to have muc hbetter handling as compared to the MiG-21.. ppl I know who'v flown both say its like converting from a jalopy to a power steered vehicle..
Finally go for the MiG21..

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
And what would you do with a fighter jet? Park it in front of your garage? You sure as hell would have restrictions placed up you kazoo in the US if you owned one.

There are TONS of retired fighters in private hands in the US. The only restrictions involve the guns and the weapons systems. They have to be either deactivated in a manner that they can't be used, or removed from the plane completely. There are even private flight demonstration teams using old Russian planes that they bought.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Originally posted by WestPoint23

There are TONS of retired fighters in private hands in the US. The only restrictions involve the guns and the weapons systems. They have to be either deactivated in a manner that they can't be used, or removed from the plane completely. There are even private flight demonstration teams using old Russian planes that they bought.

yep, many many people in the US have personal planes, and some have older restored military aircraft. One person is Paul Allen (the person who financed SpaceShipOne) his personal collection kept growing that he now has a museum for some of them, his collection is over 30 aircraft, mostly restored WWI & WWII aircraft, from the Buzz Bomb to the Mustang.

heres his museums site.
Flying Heritage

[edit on 18-9-2005 by Murcielago]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I wish I had the cash for this thing.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I think the best to have would be an SR-71, as it looks really cool, and it would look quite funny at an airport if you were watching the queue to the runway:
737, A380, 747, A320, 777, SR-71 (what!?), 747

[edit on 18-9-2005 by apex]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If you look at the other items the seller has listed on ebay you can get your self a F16-A for a cool $14,000,000.

Err can anyone lend me $14,000,000

top topics

join