It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John the Revelator's Perspective

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Reaching back to when I had a really open mind-before terror attacks, devastating weather, etc..
Picture this as John was trying to describe future events, all he had to go on was objects, animals that he knew of 2000 years ago.
So his descriptions perhaps seem nonsensical in their savagery?
Not a Bible thumper EVER, I have reread Revelations in light of the last political election, as I had a vision of who/what the Beast was/is as a collective.
Perhaps this may seem random rantings, but in light of what has happened since JFK was done in, there is a change a-coming.
Dylan's songs are so very appropriate as of this time.
IMO, he is a modern day seer..
Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The same can be said for the predictions of Nostrodamus or anyone else from the past. If you lived hundreds of years ago, how the heck would you describe a pilot's G suit or plane, a nuclear explosion, or even something we consider so simple like a gun. The farther back in history you go, the harder it would be to find the right words to describe what you see.

Anyways I am open to all predictions as of this moment, but I have made it my deadline that if nothing substantial happens before December 21, 2012 (The last "End of the World" date given that I know of), I will stop believing in predictions and apocalypse, and perhaps even everything paranormal. Because by that date, the majority of predictions made so far will have been proven wrong. But that's just me.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
The same can be said for the predictions of Nostrodamus or anyone else from the past. If you lived hundreds of years ago, how the heck would you describe a pilot's G suit or plane, a nuclear explosion, or even something we consider so simple like a gun. The farther back in history you go, the harder it would be to find the right words to describe what you see.

Anyways I am open to all predictions as of this moment, but I have made it my deadline that if nothing substantial happens before December 21, 2012 (The last "End of the World" date given that I know of), I will stop believing in predictions and apocalypse, and perhaps even everything paranormal. Because by that date, the majority of predictions made so far will have been proven wrong. But that's just me.

Right on

2012 is my deadline also...On Jan 1st 2013, I will relenquish my belief in any/all seers and rescue by Motherships..

[edit on 18-9-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone.
Dylan's songs are so very appropriate as of this time.
IMO, he is a modern day seer..
Any thoughts?

I'm not so sure about the seer, but Dylan certainly nails the social commentary of different time periods. However his songs "Hard Rain" and "Masters of War" seem as appproiate today as when they were first written.

I gave up on predictions and prophets after Y2K. Years of Art Bell had me so paranoid I couldn't sleep; seemed they had another "doom" senario every six months.

The tenacity of the Jehovas Witnesses and their prophecy never ceaces to amaze me. I think they have been predicting the "end" since the 30s.
When the end date passes, they come up another one in short order.

2012 based on the end date of the Mayan calender sure is hyped. Can you imagine the parties that are bound to transpire during 2012. If the world dosen't end in 2012 the year of partying will probably kill me anyway.
I went to an "end of the world" party before Y2k and that one nearly killed me. I may have another left in me though.

[edit on 18-9-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
>>>>>I'm not so sure about the seer, but Dylan certainly nails the social commentary of different time periods. However his songs "Hard Rain" and "Masters of War" seem as appproiate today as when they were first written.

I gave up on predictions and prophets after Y2K. Years of Art Bell had me so paranoid I couldn't sleep; seemed they had another "doom" senario every six months.

The tenacity of the Jehovas Witnesses and their prophecy never ceaces to amaze me. I think they have been predicting the "end" since the 30s.
When the end date passes, they come up another one in short order.

2012 based on the end date of the Mayan calender sure is hyped. Can you imagine the parties that are bound to transpire during 2012. If the world dosen't end in 2012 the year of partying will probably kill me anyway.
I went to an "end of the world" party before Y2k and that one nearly killed me. I may have another left in me though. >>>>>>>

Good thinking,, IMO Bob's words are Universally sent to be relevant now, 500 years from now or 500 years ago.He is plugged into the Cosmos unlike any other.Is he an alien? Perhaps, as he is the only public figure EVER that the press does not trash nor bother, no matter how hard they try.
He is ~protected~.
I bought some mre's and water but I was not too worried about Y2k, ate them later..they are good..yum
The Mayans are not exclusive to the 12-23 2012 date, as in the Great pyramid the calendar ends on that date.
IOW, the prophets cannot/are not able to see ANTHING past 2012..
The Hopi's agree, and many more ancient writings..
Love your signature, zazen doe not just happen, but to a select few..

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
The Mayans are not exclusive to the 12-23 2012 date, as in the Great pyramid the calendar ends on that date.
IOW, the prophets cannot/are not able to see ANTHING past 2012..
The Hopi's agree, and many more ancient writings..
Love your signature, zazen doe not just happen, but to a select few..

Could you give me information on too where you know that the old great peramind calenders end on that date and that prophets also agree that they can't see anything past 2012?

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
www.wilsonsalmanac.com...

Use this for starters..
The Hopi elders speaking in their own languageon the Art Bell show said that there is nothing to see past 2012..

[edit on 27-9-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Not getting off topic, but as I watch the new Scorsese show about Bob, he says that Hard Rain is someting is gonna happen and we will all know it.
He was asked if hard rain referred to acid rain, and he said no, but we will KNOW when it comes..current conditions???

Hard Rain

Oh, where have you been, my blue-eyed son?
Oh, where have you been, my darling young one?
I've stumbled on the side of twelve misty mountains,
I've walked and I've crawled on six crooked highways,
I've stepped in the middle of seven sad forests,
I've been out in front of a dozen dead oceans,
I've been ten thousand miles in the mouth of a graveyard,
And it's a hard, and it's a hard, it's a hard, and it's a hard,
And it's a hard rain's a-gonna fall.

Oh, what did you see, my blue-eyed son?
Oh, what did you see, my darling young one?
I saw a newborn baby with wild wolves all around it
I saw a highway of diamonds with nobody on it,
I saw a black branch with blood that kept drippin',
I saw a room full of men with their hammers a-bleedin',
I saw a white ladder all covered with water,
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken,
I saw guns and sharp swords in the hands of young children,
And it's a hard, and it's a hard, it's a hard, it's a hard,

And what did you hear, my blue-eyed son?
And what did you hear, my darling young one?
I heard the sound of a thunder, it roared out a warnin',
Heard the roar of a wave that could drown the whole world,
Heard one hundred drummers whose hands were a-blazin',
Heard ten thousand whisperin' and nobody listenin',
Heard one person starve, I heard many people laughin',
Heard the song of a poet who died in the gutter,
Heard the sound of a clown who cried in the alley,
And it's a hard, and it's a hard, it's a hard, it's a hard,

Oh, who did you meet, my blue-eyed son?
Who did you meet, my darling young one?
I met a young child beside a dead pony,
I met a white man who walked a black dog,
I met a young woman whose body was burning,
I met a young girl, she gave me a rainbow,
I met one man who was wounded in love,
I met another man who was wounded with hatred,
And it's a hard, it's a hard, it's a hard, it's a hard,
It's a hard rain's a-gonna fall.

Oh, what'll you do now, my blue-eyed son?
Oh, what'll you do now, my darling young one?
I'm a-goin' back out 'fore the rain starts a-fallin',
I'll walk to the depths of the deepest black forest,
Where the people are many and their hands are all empty,
Where the pellets of poison are flooding their waters,
Where the home in the valley meets the damp dirty prison,
Where the executioner's face is always well hidden,
Where hunger is ugly, where souls are forgotten,
Where black is the color, where none is the number,
And I'll tell it and think it and speak it and breathe it,
And reflect it from the mountain so all souls can see it,
Then I'll stand on the ocean until I start sinkin',
But I'll know my song well before I start singin',