It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Based on Christian faith, would God send someone to Hell for not believing in Hell?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sinta_ilfirin
However what do you believe that you are being saved from (if not hell which is separation for all eternity from God) if you believe that Jesus is your savior?

Death. Jesus' promise was for resurrection. That's the whole purpose behind the story of his resurrection. It isn't salvation from the Nordic underworld, it's salvation from death.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Excellent link, yeahright!

That is one of the few sites I'd recommend to anyone--so many do quite well for a bit, but there's always something that throws off the strict scriptural authenticity. This guy, L. Ray Smith, sticks to the bible, going deep into it, but always straight on.

It's very interesting to peruse the huge collection of e-mails he has posted from his site visitors. It seems that for most, 'loving your neighbor' only goes so far---especially when someone declares we are all God's neighbors!

Herman, you really ought to check that link out. At least bookmark it for a later time if you're busy now.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ras Dedan
I'll try another one,posted this above but still no answers.

I've mentioned this somewhere in another thread and didn't get an answer,if you need to follow christ or go to hell,what happens to those who have never heard of him or who lived before him? Do you get a free pass to heaven or is it straight to hell?

You know that question has no answer--but I do admire the way you hover around your styrofoam with straightpin in hand, waiting for the first answer.

It's odd to me that these type of questions don't arise in the minds of those who preach hell for sinners....I guess it doesn't matter what happens to anyone else when one's own salvation is 'in the bag.' So much for the main commandment of the NT.

A good person produces good from the good treasure of his heart,
and an evil person produces evil from an evil treasure.
For it is out of the abundance of the heart that the mouth speaks.

Why do you keep calling me 'Lord, Lord,' but don't do what I tell you?

--Luke 6:45-46 ISV

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
You know that question has no answer--but I do admire the way you hover around your styrofoam with straightpin in hand, waiting for the first answer.

I really don't know what you mean.

Could one of the brimstone and fire posse please help with this one,it's keeping me awake at nights wondering about this.

[edit on 23/9/2005 by Ras Dedan]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Could one of the brimstone and fire posse please help with this one,it's keeping me awake at nights wondering about this.

If they could be so kind, I'm also still waiting for an answer to the question, "if the lake of fire in Revelation is hell, how is it possible for death and hell to be thrown into it".

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham
I'm also still waiting for an answer to the question, "if the lake of fire in Revelation is hell, how is it possible for death and hell to be thrown into it".

You've answered your own question. The lake of fire in revelations isn't hell. If you really would like a detailed answer to your question(s), I'd again encourage you to go to this site- bible-truths.com... and read the Lake of Fire series. As you will see, there's a significant amount of information there and entirely too much to replicate here.

I'd sincerely be interested in your thoughts, criticisms, feedback, after you've read that. And yes, it does take a little effort, but you will get a much better understanding from that than you will an abbreviated response from someone here. The author of that site is very anti-organized religion. He's not soliciting for support, money, or membership. He's done some scholarly work and wants to share it.

If you're just trolling for an argument, don't waste your time going to that site. Because it will actually answer your questions.
[edit for link error]

[edit on 9/24/2005 by yeahright]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
You've answered your own question. The lake of fire in revelations isn't hell.

I already knew that. The question is really directed toward those who claim it is.

Originally posted by yeahright
If you really would like a detailed answer to your question(s), I'd again encourage you to go to this site- bible-truths.com... and read the Lake of Fire series. As you will see, there's a significant amount of information there and entirely too much to replicate here.

I didn't go through the whole thing, but it looks like the author is on the right track in that the concept of hell was a later addition to Christianity that did not exist originally. I suspect it did exist originally in some circles in the early church, which is why the words "hades" and "tartarus" are found early on. These were Greek concepts no doubt held by church members.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham
I already knew that. The question is really directed toward those who claim it is.

OK then. Sorry I jumped in. I guess that should have been obvious by the context of your question. Press on...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join