It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Was The War On Drugs Really About?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
The 'war on drugs' is still going on; I have a friend in state prison right now, who will be there for two years, because he was caught with less than half an ounce of marijuana.

Industries like the big alcohol, textile, paper, tobacco, and pharmaceutical corporations stand to lose a lot of money if cannabis/hemp is legalized... and these organizations have a lot of influence, through lobbyists and what basically amounts to bribery, to keep the drug laws the way they are.

Marijuana will be legal within twenty years, though, if the pressure that has been building in that direction continues to build up. It won't happen overnight, but it will happen, eventually.

Actually...

Many tobacco companies from what I hear have plans to grow cannabis, roll it up and sell it if it ever becomes legal. They even have trademarks and copyrights on certain phrases and soon-to-be brandname products. But this is from what I hear, so don't take my word wholey for it.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
War on Drugs:

Never-ending demand for illicit substances creates massive price because the supply does not meet the demand. The con to selling the substance is that you do not control the traffic.

The government controls the traffic directly or indirectly and makes unbelievable amounts of money that is not documented or traceable. This money then goes to off-the-books 'projects.'

Low-end dealers are always in supply and are completely dispensible. Think of the news stories dealing with someone caught with a few kilos of coke. Now think of the news stories in which a coke cartel has been ripped open and destroyed rom New York to Columbia.

The entire black business cannot work if drugs are legal in any way.

DARE workes as intended: It educates kids about the effects of drugs, how to identify drugs, and how to use them. Gotta keep up consumer demand, afterall.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
What Was The War On Drugs Really About?

It was about the drugs winning, hopefully someday the gov't will have the sense to update the laws to reflect that fact.

Or perhaps the government should just flock off since freedom in america includes the freedom to ingest whatever fluid or hard substance they wish, so as long as they are not infringing on other people's beliefs and personal space.

The war on drugs was a war against people's freedom to choose to make bad/stupid decisions...
That's part of being an american isn't it? The freedom to choose what you want to do without the government (that is supposed to be weaker then we the people) intervening.

I hear all too much people saying, 'just wait until the government gets involved' NO!

The government isn't supposed to get involved. Local and state government are supposed to superceed federal government.

Why are you and other's just handing over your freedoms to the feds?
Do they have you brainwashed into believing they are the centralized authoratative force in this country?!

Perhaps a constitutional reality check wouldn't hurt.

It's people like you that are ruining this country and it's original principles.
Just because it is stupid doesn't give you or the governments right to take that decision away from someone else.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
A good number of the founders were puritans of one stripe or another and they brought their proselytising morality with them (the theocracy angle).
…

As mentioned above, the war on drugs seems to have served many agenda's (fight evil "communism", control supply at the source, finance black ops etc. ) and Sandge's point brings me to one I think we are seeing more clearly these days.

The militarisation and control of the United States.

The money for the war on drugs poured into police departments and state law enforcement resulting in cities buying tanks, helicopters, bigger guns, crowd control equipment, getting shock troops like SWAT, the black armoured storm troopers you see at protests and exercising search warrants and surveillance capabilities. Somebody needed to put all those people in all those nice shiny privatized labour camps called jails right?

IMO you don't hear much about the war on drugs these days because the military industrial complex that runs the US and fights the wars are currently busy in their new focus. Terrorism. What is the real agenda of "homeland security" in the "war on terrorism"?

You want to know what a group of leader's goals are?
Look at the laws they pass.

The war continues…

Off topic rhetorical statement: Still willing to let them to mess with posse commitatus?

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Gools,

The noose tightens and I've seen over-time that the government(especially Republican admins) have asked for more and more police powers. Where it is all heading? NWO?

Everytime the government signs a international agreement our right are subjugated to a "higher" authority, but should there be a higher authority than our constitution?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join