It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Scent do you wear and why

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Your smell says a lot about you. Too much sometimes.
So tell us what you smell like and why. Wait, no... that didn't come out right. Tell us what perfume or cologne you like to wear.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I use Christian Dior's Fahrenheit. It's by far my favorite, I've never smelled another that comes close.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Nik...glad you started this one

I usually only wear essential oils. Current faves:

Patchouli
Ylang Ylang
Sandalwood
Bergamot

And various combinations thereof.

I used to wear Paloma Picasso, Jean Patou's "Joy" and one or two others, before I got tired of 'em.

I also hereby admit to being addicted (yes, still) to the Body Shop's White Musk.

I'm so stuck in the 80s it's not even funny

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I use Christian Dior's Fahrenheit. It's by far my favorite, I've never smelled another that comes close.

Thats my favourite too, but I also use Obsession for men by Calvin Klein and a new one I found called D'Issey by Issey Miyake.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'm with you TInkleflower, but it wasn't the 80s as remember it. More like te 70s. Anyway. I rarely wear any scent, but when I do, it's an essential oil. Musk, patchouli, bergamot.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I think I use like ralph lauren polo sport... but I'm to lazy to get up and look...
lol

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I frequently smell like my dogs and cats; a scent I wear as proudly as Polo or Perry Ellis.

Living in a rural enviornment usually forces me to smell, rural.

When I want to smell nice; a shower with Doc Bonners, fits the bill perfectly.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I regularly wear adidas moves or axe...doesnt really matter what kind of axe but usualy tsunami or kilo.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Thanks for responding everyone. In retrospect it seems such a personal question to ask. I've always though that smells are linked to intelligence, perception, memory and of course instinct. It is my all time favourite sense - although sight and sound have their uses sometimes.

Nice choice Djohn & Mindwalker!

Tinkle & Benevolent I too like my essential oils - but not as much as I used to. I burned out on Patchouli in the early 90s with my whole hippy chick/Seattle/L7/Courtney Love/ Baby doll dresses with longjohns phase. Yes, yes, yes I had an essential oils problem. I think there was an intervention.

Sometimes when I want to remind myself I'm a sophisticated adult (snort) I'll splurgee on Fracas - delicious scent to die for. Although in French this literally means 'crash' and in Spanish 'fracaso' means disaster. Both are applicable to my bank acount after I purchase a bottle of Fracas.

Recently there have been others, but just flings - my heart is never really into them for long: Alexandre Jullian, Escada and a wonderful androygnous perfume that I borrow from my SO called PI - hmmmm.

Saying all that, some things never change. Favourite smell as an angry teen - Musk - Favourite scent now - still musk, great in oil, not high in alcohol content and preferably not from Yak testicles.

[edit on 18-9-2005 by nikelbee]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Cerutti 1881 and being a child of the 80's Drakkar Noir

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikelbee
. I burned out on Patchouli in the early 90s with my whole hippy chick/Seattle/L7/Courtney Love/ Baby doll dresses with longjohns phase. Yes, yes, yes I had an essential oils problem. I think there was an intervention.

I swear, we're twins separated at birth or something

Except I haven't quite grown out of the hippy chick/patchouli/tie-dye/long tiered skirt phase....much to the absolute horror of my (authentically 1960s-influenced) parents
I wonder if patchouliism is an inherited trait?

Favourite phrase as an angry teen - Musk - Favourite scent now - still musk, great in oil, not high in alcohol content and preferably not from Yak testicles.

Oh, like there's something bad about Yak testicles?!

You're just yak-ist.

(admittedly they'd be better in a pie...but anyway)

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Tinkle

My parents had a 'hippy artist' phase as well as a less succesful (but far more interesting) 'disco' phase. I have the scary pictures to prove it.

Do you think there is a correlation between dads who were given Old Spice and Soap-on-a-rope as Father's day presents and patchoulli wearing girls?

Someone needs to do a study.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

What/who in the world is Doc Bonners?? I hope it isn't something I really don't want to know.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikelbee

Originally posted by whaaa

What/who in the world is Doc Bonners?? I hope it isn't something I really don't want to know.

Dr. Bronners is a very concentrated, casteil, liquid soap coming in many flavors and very aromatic! Usually found in health food, alternative products stores and bouteques. Reading the label of religous/hippy philosophy is practiced while usually sitting down, if you know what I mean.

Dr. Bronners mantra is "all one" reading the label is worth the price of admission. Try it you'll like it and maybe even give up the sissy, manufactured, haute couture smells.

[edit on 18-9-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I still have my grandfathers half full old spice bottle... He died in 85. Its a lighthouse bottle..

Yup I remember giving my dad soap on a rope from avon

but for years I have worn one scent... Lulu by Cacharel. Its just me...

I use essential oils for my hair and house but not on myself muchly.. I just love lulu

same with insence..I only use spiritual guide insense in the house....

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I smell like cigarrettes and weed usually, for obvious reasons. The cigarettes usually overpower all though in time.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I'm not entirely sure what I smell like, 'cause unless its something really aromatic I can't smell anything. I don't wear and colonge or whatever you peoples use. I make up for that by taking a shower as often as I can, so usually I don't have a scent, I think.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Mayet - Lulu is pretty. I used to like Anais Anais - sort of a sweet honeysuckle smell. Very cool that you've found your signature scent and stuck to it.

Cownose - ewww. Ciggie smell is a big turn off for me. I hate going to a club and getting smoke in my hair. I'm a bit of a hypocrite though, as I am not completely immune to social smoker syndrome.

Void - Clean is nice. And *everyone* has a smell. Have someone sniff your neck and describe it to you and then come back and tell us what you smell like.

Whaaaa - As tempting as you make the Doc Bronners' hippie literature sound, I think I will keep my haute couture smells. The packaging looks familair. I may have received a few soaps from my brother's ex girlfriend. It was the bar kind not liquid soap - almond I believe. Twas quite nice. I've tried Burt Bees as well - Honeylicious.

Fred - Draakar Noir sounds like a vampire fragrance.
I've never smelled it. Does it smell like Transylvanian aftershave?

Truttseeker - There is a fragrance called Tsunami? What does *that* smell like cause I'm starting to get some very disturbing images.

Cpr12 - Polo Sport is nice. They have a version for women now (not so nice).

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cownosecat
I smell like cigarrettes and weed usually, for obvious reasons. The cigarettes usually overpower all though in time.

I probably smell like cigs more often than not as well....that's why I need a strong scent like Fahrenheit.

As far as women's scents I like Poison (also by CD)...another unique and powerful scent.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Hey do we need volunteers to become Expert Neck Sniffers?

I think that's a job that might be one of two things..either very, very popular, or completely reviled

And I'd think it'd preclude the concept of "While U Wait"...

Teehee.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join