It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Communicating with plants/trees

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I'm looking for more information. Normally I'd gather it myself, but there is very little to find on this topic.

First a short summary to explain my motive etc.

Regularly, especially during the summer months, I go out for a walk through a park. There I'll sit down against a tree and relax. Look at the surroundings, enjoy the energies, watch the water, the insects, ducks, the occasional entities...the usual.

Because trees and such contain souls as well I always say "Hi" and ask "Is it ok if I sit against you?". Normally there is no answer, but it's respectfull I feel. However a few months ago I was sitting against a tree while reading a book and suddenly I hear "hey". I looked around to see if there was someone walking by that I didn't hear, but there wasn't anyone. After two more "hey" I get hit by a few falling leaves accompanied by "It's me the tree". I thought I was going insane

Well after that we had a small conversation. After the experience I wanted to see if I could do it with any plant/tree. I bought a plant and there was no response from it. Untill one day I forgot to give it water it started shouting at me "Hey you forgot to give me water" and when I finally gave it water it said "I'm drowning". Geez they're like women, don't know what they want

I've also seen the energy of this plant alter depending on the music I'm playing. Most of the time I play metal music. When I play Borknager, Ancient Rites, Behemoth etc he seems to become sad. But when I play power/speed metal like Paragorn en Avantasia his energy grows again. Quite interesting to watch.

Now to the point, finally
I searched all over the internet and couldn't find the answer. Are there more people that can communicate with trees/plants? Do they have certain knowledge/techniques which I could use to understand this phenomena better? In short...I'd like to gain as much information about this as possible.

Thanx for reading and possible helpfull replies.

p.s. Lately trees seem to drop a lot of leaves on top of me and a few of their juices as well. quite annoying. however is there a special meaning to this?

[edit on 17-9-2005 by Enyalius]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Now to the point, finally I searched all over the internet and couldn't find the answer. Are there more people that can communicate with trees/plants? Do they have certain knowledge/techniques which I could use to understand this phenomena better? In short...I'd like to gain as much information about this as possible.

Here is a relevant ATS thread.

Sanc'.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   

one day I forgot to give it water it started shouting at me "Hey you forgot to give me water" and when I finally gave it water it said "I'm drowning". Geez they're like women, don't know what they want

As for communicating with plants, I don't know. Even if I knew how, I think I'd feel a little silly trying. If you can communicate with plants so well, maybe you should try animals. I would think they would be even easier to communicate with than plants. Maybe you can coax birds and squirrels into sitting on your shoulder and stuff. lol.

And how exactly do they communicate? You say they are "shouting" at you and other words that make it seem verbal, but there is no way that we know of that plants could use to emit sound. Do you think they actually "speak", or is it telepathic, and only you can hear it? I'm not discrediting you here... but I'm also wondering how they can speak english. Particularly in full sentences. My dog knows the meaning of "walk" and "treat" and "sit", but he can't say "I want to go for a walk" :\. I suppose plants just sit around all day anyway and if they have the ability to hear, they could learn by listening to people all day.

I can see it now. Sitting on the porch when all of a sudden the walnut tree starts yelling. "Hey you darn squirrel... get off me! Stop touching my nuts!"

[edit on 17-9-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
hehe yah that walnut tree would sound funny

but the communication isn't verbal. it's telepathic, i'm not sure. but it's similar to communicating with ghosts/entities. they don't do english, because i'm from the netherlands. so it's more like dutch then
The first time a druidic friend of mine introduced me to a tree i didn't get it. i thought he was nuts. but when i touched the tree i did feel energy flow through me. after that i did some silly stuff trying to be funny so pretended to hump the tree like i was some kind of treehugging hippy

the communication isn't something i can do at will yet. it happened twice to me so far. cant say i'm experienced or know how the hell i do it :S

animals. funny you'd say that. i was at my gf's place last wednesday and she has to birds. i tried communicating with them asking them to sit on my hand, but no luck. in fact when i got near them they flew away, they were let out of the cage for a while.

i'll have a look at the link provided in the first reply. thanx

[edit on 17-9-2005 by Enyalius]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
hmm can't say that other thread was helpfull. no new information :S

fum

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
WoW Enyalius i want to learn how to communicate with plants too i really like animals and plants i always knew what a animal needed i dunno why liek if they were hungry i gave them something to eat and about that tree that said "hey its me the tree" you sure it wasnt a squril that was using teepathy to talk to you and make you think it was the tree lol
just a though

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
you're not the only one. after those 2 situations I'd like to learn more about it myself in order to do it more frequently and when I want it.

and no it wasn't a squirrel. never seen any of those around here.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
didnt some guy say he could talk to trees or something? or he had stong emotions come from them? anyways...they dont talk..cuz that would freak me out..but all plants are telepathic..its acually proven..by a scientist who was doing an experiment..you should try and look it up...there are alot of gifted people out there..and i love hearing there experiences..just to think...at one point it was said that all human beings had all these abilities you hear about...they didnt even have to be "special" or learn them...i guess with all this nagativity that consumes terra..i dont doubt that everyone has forgotten their capibilities...anyways good luck with what you search for
~Kiliker

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
the other guy made a thread and the link to it is mentioned in the 2nd post. he seemed to have a more empathic respons to plantlife. however that thread i find useless since there is little to no usefull information mentioned there.

I found a few decent sites to get me started with from google when i used "Plant Telepathy".

www.straightdope.com...
In there various "scientists" are mentioned including a small summary of what they did. You can resume your search from there by using the scientists names.

skepdic.com...
The Beckster Effect in more depth

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius

p.s. Lately trees seem to drop a lot of leaves on top of me and a few of their juices as well. quite annoying. however is there a special meaning to this?

I don't know what kind of trees you have, but could the leaves dropping be a seasonal thing, not related to any tree spirituality?
The oak in front of my house drops buches of green leaves, but I suspect the squirrels who hang out around my house are responsible. They're still green and all, but they fall to the ground in clumps. Other trees on our block seem to not have this happening

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Seasonal thing would be fall. So far the few trees, which I regularly sit beneath, aren't in that season yet. It's just that when I'm somewhere I get hit hit by a few branches that fall down on my head, or leaves or tree juice in my eye. Not all trees do that. Only two that I know of so far. The small oak and the larger one which I forgot what type he was.

Nothing fancy there you'd normally say, because it happens. Its just that it can fall next to me and on someone else I'm with. instead it always seems to fall on top of me.

At the minute it's just an observation and I'm not putting anything "paranormal"/"Spiritual" credit to it. Maybe I could ask for clearity once I've learned to communicate with trees/plants conciously.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
That first post was a great post Enyalius! I thoroughly enjoyed that.

So in return I dug this up for ya- And please forgive mods if this is excessive, or simply edit it down.

Talking with Trees: Remembering the language of home.

ReVision, 23(4). (2001).

Donna Ladkin

Participation is rooted in communication. If we cannot communicate with the creatures and powers of the more-than-human world, how can we begin to participate with them? This piece suggests we may merely have forgotten the "language of the trees", and with practice can return to our birthright of full participation with the cosmos.

*snip*
Pepere taught me to talk to the trees. Well, not talk so much as listen. We'd enter the woods as we would a sacred place; he modelled far more reverence for a growing forest than he ever showed the inside of a church. "Be quiet now," he'd say, "see if you can hear the trees talkin' to one another." Perhaps it was just a ploy to get three rambunctious under ten's to be quiet, but I don't think so. I learned a way of being in the woods by watching him, walking with him.

Excerpted from here:
64.2 33.161.104/search

mod edit to cut down quote and shorten link

[edit on 25-9-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Talkin with trees......Ya, uh huh, sure.....whatever. I think you've been spending too much time in the great outdoors. So if you chop down a tree, is that considered racist? Are you absolutely sure that you are not just hearing things in your head? I heard that there are people that claim to telepathically speak to animals, but never have I heard of communication with plants. Once I tried to telepathically talk to my dog but it didn't work.

Where did you hear that plants have souls? This is really puzzling me.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Theyre highly knowledgable beings. They seem to have a sad story to tell. Once I started crying because the tree was communicating really sad thoughts to me.

[edit on 26-9-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   

As for communicating with plants, I don't know. Even if I knew how, I think I'd feel a little silly trying.

Thats because your weak and egocentric. Not everybody can communicate with plants and trees.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Talkin with trees......Ya, uh huh, sure.....whatever. I think you've been spending too much time in the great outdoors. So if you chop down a tree, is that considered racist?

Maybe someday youll see the light and realize trees are conscious beings like you and me. Then maybe theyll have something to say to you.

[edit on 26-9-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
thanks for the information TreuAmerican. last week i started a new course Parapsychology in which a lot of different areas are covered. even telepathy. past week i've been trying to "train" my own telepathich gift. but so far it's far from 100% accurate. someone had a word of 19 karakters in mind of which i had only the first 5 right. but still it's a start.

i feel it's best to have that under control first before trying to communicate with something besides people. from time to time i still try to have a "chat" with my plant. not getting a lot of feedback in the sense of telepathy, but i am getting a lot out of his energy field.

as for trees having souls. learn to astral project and visit the universal library, also known as the akashic records. you can find a lot of answers to questions there. including that trees have souls as well. they have a vast network of information, even ancient knowledge, so it's well worth learning to listen to them from time to time.

unlike other people i don't do drugs, i rarely to never have alcohol and i'm concidered to be 100% sane by everyone in my surroundings such as group of friends, work, in the city when i talk with new people, when i go out to a party etc etc.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I tried communicating with the cat once. Thinking the words had absolutely no effect - but when I thought in pictures of what I wanted him to do, from his viewpoint, it seemed to work.
For example, if I wanted him to come in through the sliding door on the patio, which was left wide enough for him to get through, I would just imagine how that door looked from about a foot above the ground, and how it would look from that viewpoint as he walked through the gap to get inside.
Visualising something from a tree's point of view seems a bigger challenge.

In one of Lyall Watson's books, (he's a doctor of biology) he mentions some research done into consciousness in plants - and they discovered that a pot plant can tell if a person has been mowing a lawn recently.
Apparently, just thinking of pulling a leaf off a plant produces a measurable reaction. So it seems plants (and presumably trees) can recognise hostile individuals.
Maybe you need to be recognised by a tree as being a sympathetic entity before you would have any hope of a meaningful dialogue.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Enya - you could try this link. I have heard of people doing this but for the life of me I can't remember where I read it or heard it.
As a result of my reading/hearing about this I started to become more atuned to my plants, telling them that they were beautiful and doing really well.
I do know scientists have studied plants and music effects on them or that if you yell and scream at a plant it gets depressed and likewise if you are encouraging they begin to thrive. So there is something to be said in the way that somehow they do feel and hear.

www.plantea.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I've always been facinated with the thought of communicating with trees. I spend a lot of time ridding bikes on the trails and am an avid hunter as well. Although i've never experienced any type of telepathical communication i experience on a regular basis the exchange of energy between myself and the trees. Its quite invigorating and you get a feeling of love in return. The one thing that i first started doing to allow myself to to make that connection with nature is to appreciate its existance and observe its character and beauty. Once you have established a relationship and start feeling better you start to see it in the plant as well. Its kinda like plugging two 9 volt batteries into each other. You keep recycling the energy and anvance your energy and energy field as well as the plants. Now all i need to do is get the telepathy thing down

[edit on 26-9-2005 by Nathabeanz]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join