It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Redesigning the Pentagon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Let us pray that designers, engineers, architects, mathematicians, ... continue to do an excellent job of redesigning the Pentagon. Any ideas for maximum long-term security? Beginning psychology might be that the worse of the worse of the worse... can happen, with the reward that the Pentagon becomes the best of the best of the best... military headquarters in the World.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I'd leave it to appear as it is. These days with the instant communications systems that there are, I'd move the commands elsewhere. Use it as a terrorist magnet, kind of a big roach motel. Terrorsts check in but they don't check out! The majority of day to day operations are already handled by the theater commands anyway. I'd be surprised if this isn't already the case. Put in some decent personel shelters and a couple of rapid response teams to handle any attacks. The inner rings are actualy pretty safe.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
haha convert it into a huge maximum security military prison.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I would build a new Pentagon, many times bigger then the one we have now. + make a hugh underground base under the New pentagon, and put a whole army there hehehe, like tanks aircraft etc... hehehe that would be cool

[edit on 17-9-2005 by ulshadow]

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I think rebuilding and making better security arrangements would be the best bet. But Most command functions are not really handled there anymore. Too Un-secure with todays WMD's.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I dont know, But I would think its safe to assume there is some underground facilities at the Pentagon already.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
I dont know, But I would think its safe to assume there is some underground facilities at the Pentagon already.

I would agree with you on that one. Its really just an large administrative office complex at any rate. What I would do is downsize it. Use the inner 3 rings and keep the outer 2 as a buffer against car bombs and the like. As seen in 911 the outer shell can absorb quite a bit.

new topics

top topics

join