It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My soul is coming loose.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I know how it sounds but what I have to say is definitely real to me. I can see my astral body fall out of my physical body if only I concentrate. It started I think around the age of 10 maybe. I first remember it happening in church with my mother. I remember moving my arm from the pew and down to my leg when I saw a tracer. It was following my arm through the movement and when my hand landed on my leg it disappeared back into my physical arm. I thought it was strange but I never thought to bring it up. It is the same today as it was then. I used to equate it with all sorts of silly scenarios like: I was going to die soon, or, my soul was running away, but now I just assume it's something I am fortunate enough to notice (considering I'm a spiritual person). I guess I'm asking if anyone else out there has ever experienced anything similar, and if so, what have you theorized?

It looks exactly like your physical body, although it is transparent and white in color.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
At first it sounded like a vision focus problem, but if you only see it on your body, then i dunno.

I really have nothing to say but. weird.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
If you are anything like I was when I was younger in church, you will start to get incredibly bored and start doing weird things.

Did the "astral arm" move separate of your arm, or just follow it? Maybe it wasn't the astral, but just an aura if it was closely following your arm? I can't offer much insight into your specific experience, except that most people don't usually see parts of the astral in the physical.

I guess I'm asking if anyone else out there has ever experienced anything similar, and if so, what have you theorized?

Like I first mentioned, when I would get bored in church I would do lots of stuff. Not quite as weird as your experience, but just to show that kids like to mess around with their senses and perceptions when they get bored. Here are just a couple that I can remember:
*Covering and uncovering my ears very rapidly to hear the singing as this weird sort of buffered thing.
*Staring so long that I could see auras
*Trying to control the flames on the candles with my mind
*Drawing aliens and stuff with the provided crayons & children's bulletins

*Closing my eyes/looking at the floor for a long period of time, and then looking up and everything would have a weird, very vivid/lucid look to it.

Maybe these are just signs that I am completely insane, who knows. lol.

Ah... the wonderful memories of being bored to agony in church. Throughout my childhood I remember that most of the times that I got extremely bored, I would try to mess around with my senses like that to keep myself amused.

[edit on 17-9-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Your physical-astral body link is more susceptible to separation than usual. Considering you are a spiritual person, this may be a good thing for you. Only experienced projectors quickly build up the impetus to "drift" in and out of their physical body almost at will. I find that I get a similar drifting sensation when staying awake while being tired. If you are willing to pursue it, I would suggest you study astral projection methods to master your ability. This is certainly not a bad thing, like anything to do with your soul "coming loose". But of course it is a matter of perspective whether you repel this or use it to your advantage.

j u x t a p o s e d

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I also have heard that the astral body is connected by some sort of ambilicle (spelling?) cord, which once is snapped from your physicle body, you detach from this existence. It represents why people that say they have died and came back and elevated over their body and then came back down. The cord just never snapped for them, they were able to use their strong desire for life to manifest themselves back down to their physicle bodies.

I guess my second question is what is the benifit from experiencing or trying to explore this paradox, by trying to seperate the two in a conscious moment. The reason I find it strange is that I can see this astral stigma and it doesn't take away from my conscious awareness now. I want to know if anyone out there has deply experience astral separation on a conscious level?

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
There are many people who can slightly separate some astral body parts from physical ones. However if you can "see" the separation you have what is called Polyvision, it should not take your awareness our of the physical at all.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
akashic wanderer,

Polyvision I had never before heard of, thanks for the info. I see your name is akashic, do you per say have the ability to see this universal world wide web?

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
You're correct about the silver chord connecting your astral and physical bodies. This chord cannot be severed unless it is the time for your death.

I have explored the Akashic records, so have you.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Many people travel on the astral plane. It commonly happens at night and most people are not aware that they are doing it - and plenty of them would deny it if you said they were.
Some years ago, maybe due to the particular light conditions in the room, I was fortunate enough to see my wife's astral body descend to a position over the bed about 2 feet above her body. It paused for a moment, during which time it was perfectly aligned with her physical body - then it continued to descend and merged into her physical.
At the moment of merging, her physical body gave a little shudder - and she made a little sigh.
It was a wonderful experience, but one that has eluded an encore so far.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Kando,

Did your wife have any recollection of the experience? Is she a spiritual person? What was her reaction to this?

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
It would be fair to say that both my wife and I are spiritual people. I just asked her what she thought about it, and she said she didn't really think about it, other than she thought I was lucky to see it.
Since we both get involved in spiritual activities from time to time, I guess it doesn't seem anything out of the ordinary.

new topics

top topics

join