It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zero G Achieved ! (Want to try this?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Just found this on the web. Thought you might want to try this out. This would have to be the ride of your life. This for sure shows one of the reasons to have comercial flights into space. Be sure to watch film clips till it shows how the plane achieves this. See what you think.

www.BoldlyGo.Com

Mod Edit: All CAPS

[edit on 17-9-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Yes, the only way to have an zero-G experience is during a fall. If you do the fall inside a plane, then you do not have the force of the wind going against you and changing the near zero-G sensation.

And as this is the only way, this has been done thousands of times in the last 30 years.

Nothing new, but it must be fun, even if only for 20 seconds.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
We used to do that in our helicopters all of the time. It can become a real pain if you just opened a Pepsi and the aircraft hits an air pocket. When you do a proper autorotation everyone in the aircraft should be weightless. Scares the hell out of some of the passengers though.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I worked a number of years with the Search And Rescue in Canada and a lot of flying in The Grumman HU-16 Albatross.The low leval flting through the Rockies gave me a lot of experience in O-G.It was a hoot for sure.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This is something I would love to have a chance to do. I thought it was neat that now the public has a chance to do this. I am sure it would be very expensive but probably worth the cost. I thought it was a nice thing they done to let the lady do this by winning the contest. What a gift that would be.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
>I am sure it would be very expensive

$3,910

For approximately 25 to 30 seconds you will Xperience the amazing sensation of zero gravity

This parabolic flight process will be repeated up to 15 times

Or if you'd prefer you could...

Go skydiving for $199

...or...

Pilot a fighter craft for $995

Look through the site. Some neat stuff on there.

[edit on 17-9-2005 by LordBucket]

top topics

join