It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: U.S. Vice President Scheduled for Surgery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
U.S. Vice President Richard Cheney needs surgery for an aneurysm in his leg, according to his office. The surgery is scheduled for next weekend and he'll just be under local anesthetic, so no temporary VP appointment will be needed.

www.nytimes.com
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Vice President Dick Cheney will undergo an elective surgery next weekend to treat an aneurysm in an artery behind his right knee.

The condition, discovered earlier this year during a routine checkup, needs to be treated "as to not become a problem over time," Steve Schmidt, counselor to the vice president, said Friday.

"The procedure will be performed under local anesthetic," Schmidt said. "It will take place next weekend. It will involve a short hospital stay. The vice president will return to work shortly thereafter."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This looks like a minor problem, but every surgery carries risks. I hope it all goes OK.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I hope he loses his leg.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gm0n3y
I hope he loses his leg.

Kinda like what happened to the compassion center of your brain?

Good luck to the VP..I'm sure things will be fine..

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I hope he loses his leg.

That kind of comment is not ATSNN material.

Please refrain from making any other inappropriate comments like that.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I hope he loses his leg.

I will forward the message to him

Does something stink in here?

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The focus is the NEWS about the Vice President's impending surgery, and any ramifications it may have, not a particular member's off color comment.

It's over.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
hmmm....my mom died from an anerism...and the "routine" surgery to take care if it....I hope things go better for him!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
About the only thing that an aneurism can do during or after surgery, aside from actually bursting, is release a possible blood clot that could kill someone. Other than that, they're pretty harmless.

My aunt has an aneurism in her chest, but the doctors have elected not to do anything with it since it has not grown at all. They said she would be worse off if she had the surgery (she's pretty old).

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well is only his leg and not anything wrong with his brain, I am used to relate aneurysm to brain surgery.

So local anesthesia will not render him in any state of danger due to his hart problems.

But it can render him suggestible to blood cloth, now this is due to his age even when it can happen to anybody.

So hopefully he will recover with not problems after all he got the best medical care in the US.

BTW gm0n3y expressed his opinion everybody is entitle to their own as long as is not a personal attack to another member.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
You think what that guy said was bad, hmm i'll be quiet. I will say this, hopefully the people he killed on 9/11 will ge some revenge. I'm sure some are waiting for the day he dies, poor Cheney. If he only knew what lies ahead in the afterworld.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Obi-Wan said it best: "He's more machine now than man; twisted and evil.".

Cheney will unfortunatly keep going until he's the original T-101 which starts the nuclear apocalypse. They'll rebuild him in the image of Arnold who will be the President at the time, it's all been predicted all ready!

I wish him no luck at all, i have no sympathy for the man who is personally responsable for thousands of deaths and thousands more. He is pure evil, there's far many more lives which deserve a life on this Earth more so than he does, that's where my empathy resides.

new topics

top topics

join