It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally the Truth about Cindy Sheehan…

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This whole situation is shameful, what a terrible way for this to turn out. This should simply be about a soldier who died fighting for his country and a family’s grief. But now it’s a scandal driven by special interest lobbyist and personal agendas and greed. At first I felt sorry for Cindy, but now I am embarrassed by her.

PRWeb is reporting that Cindy how now signed with a Speaking Matters LLC for Public Speaking Tour. For pay, for cash, for bling, it appears its all about the money.

Story here

She has gone from taking special interest money to support her protests to now hooking up with the company payroll directly.

Her sons death has turned into quite the cash cow for her, I really hope it helps her grieving…

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
What's wrong with that? How is she supposed to eat and pay bills while she is educating the public? I say good for her! The important thing is that she continues to get her message out.

EDIT: Before I read this topic, I thought it was going to say: "Cindy converts to Islam!"

[edit on 16-9-2005 by curme]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

This whole situation is shameful, what a terrible way for this to turn out. This should simply be about a soldier who died fighting for his country and a family’s grief. But now it’s a scandal driven by special interest lobbyist and personal agendas and greed. At first I felt sorry for Cindy, but now I am embarrassed by her.

PRWeb is reporting that Cindy how now signed with a Speaking Matters LLC for Public Speaking Tour. For pay, for cash, for bling, it appears its all about the money.

Story here

She has gone from taking special interest money to support her protests to now hooking up with the company payroll directly.

Her sons death has turned into quite the cash cow for her, I really hope it helps her grieving…

Dude, once again you dont know what you are talking about.

If you even bothered to notice, Speaking Matters is a NON Profit organization. What does that mean? That means that they dont make money off of it. Most organizations require money to operate, that is the nature of capitalism. Nothing from the link you provided says ANYTHING about her making money off of her speaking. Haven't you ever seen a speaker on an issue?? Most have some sort of fee - not to get rich on the "bling", but rather to cover the cost of the speaking event itself. Once again, your bias shines blindingly through another one of your posts.

[edit on 16-9-2005 by LogansRun]

[edit on 16-9-2005 by LogansRun]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I've noticed Cindy enjoying the spot light. I've noticed her also being compassionate towards others who have been through the same thing she has.
I've also noticed she been doing research on conspiracy theories, and perhaps she wants to take her new found underground education to new heights?

If she is being funded, perhaps she sees that as a key to reach more people?

Her son propbably didn't hear about all the rumors going around about what we know on this website, he believed in bush and the iraq war, let's leave it at that.
Respect his ideology on it and move on. Sheehan never agreed with him and now that he's gone despite the politics she still misses him, and she obviously had and still does have a bone to pick w/ bush especially now that her son is dead.

She's just trying to reach the people of this country and let them know other perspectives on this hot issue. Whether people think she's a wack job or not. She's on a mission, leave the woman alone, damn, i thought free speech was commended in this country?

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
"i thought free speech was commended in this country?"

Where have you been these past 4 years? Ever since 9/11 Freedom of Speech was killed. The government can throw you in jail forever if you say something they don't like. The govenrment has made it legal to search your house without your knowledge. The government has made it legal to kill you because you sneeze the wrong way. I can't wait till 08 elections when I can vote, I will finally have a voice in this country!

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Full Metal
I can't wait till 08 elections when I can vote, I will finally have a voice in this country!

Gotta watch out for Diebold having their say, though.

I vote third party. They have a snowball's chance in hell of winning, but at least I can say I didn't vote for whatever crook gets in.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I applaud Cindy Sheehan! She is a great voice for the Democrats!

She recently called for US troops to be removed from New Orleans.

She also is calling out Hillary Clinton to question her about her support for the war on terror.

Hopefully Sheehan stays in the news heading into the 2006 elections. Just like Micheal Moore in 2004 she could help elect more Republicans in 2006.

Keep up the free speech Cindy!

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Well, she's been arrested. That proves she's a criminal.
Sheehan arrested

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Actually, to me it proves that she's excellent at getting media attention.

She, and her friends, chose to have a significant amount of people obstruct traffic outside the White House. They decided they would get more attention by not filing for a proper permit, and as a result there were arrests made.

Brilliant. Because now Sheehan isn't only a Mom who lost her son and wants to bring the troops home, she's now the grieving Mom who tried to bring her message to Washington and got arrested.

She clearly has some brilliant P.R. people.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
What's wrong with that? How is she supposed to eat and pay bills while she is educating the public? I say good for her! The important thing is that she continues to get her message out.

Surely nothing is wrong with that picture, Curme...
While you and others are blasting US corporations and the government for making a profit off this war, Cindy Sheehan is making a profit herself. The irony here is that they are all making it off the death.

How about get her to understand that message, then perhaps the populace, in general, will come to understand this.

They are all profiteers of death, but please, by all means, lets keep with the agenda driven program and get that message out.....whatever it may be.

seekerof

[edit on 26-9-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Cindy Sheehan is making a profit herself.
They are all profiteers of death, but please, by all means, lets keep with the agenda driven program and get that message out.....whatever it may be.

Uh, actually, Speaking Matters is a NON Profit organization, as stated earlier in this thread. So, the original poster is inaccurate in assuming that she's making a profit or 'bling'. The agenda-driven message he was hoping to get out was simply incorrect.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Uh, actually, Speaking Matters is a NON Profit organization, as stated earlier in this thread. So, the original poster is inaccurate in assuming that she's making a profit or 'bling'. The agenda-driven message he was hoping to get out was simply incorrect.

I have a book about running a non profit organization, and I believe there are a couple chapters in that book about gaining media attention to further the organization for $$$ ...

It's part of any person's job if they are running a business, like Cheney and Halliburton, good god, the whole country knows about them... Hell they got the contracts to help clean up NO...

All these people capitalize on death, war, and terrorism... Look how large the defensive industry is and how good their stocks are doing.

Cindy Sheehan is puny compared to those guys, she obviously believes in her cause and is showing it through her actions, she isn't just talk.

And I think thats why the right hate her so much.. They all have the same things to say about her, they make fallicious comments of which there is no proof behind, but rather blowing smoke.

She isn't blowing smoke, she freaking got arrested today to send a message and gain noteriety for her organization.
If you can kill two birds with one stone, why not do it?

This country allows freedom of speech, let's honor it, even if some of you hate her for her pov.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Do you know what "non-profit" means in the USA?

All it means is that the board of directors of the corporation cannot be paid dividends from the operations.

They can be paid salaries.

Re Sheehan, she will be reimbursed for speaking.

Just like a preacher in the pulpit of a non-profit church. She still gets a commission.

NPR and PBS are both non-profits. But don't tell me that their reporters (speakers) don't get paid, and paid well.

Public speaking is a business. Remember how we heard horror stories of Reagan doing 'speeches for hire' after he retired (just like Clinton and Bush 41 do now?); this is the same thing, for a different audience.

"Non Profit" does not automatically mean "saintly."

The Democrat and Republican parties are both non-profits, too. And we know about their morals, already.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Two things struck me about Sheehan. Her husband is divorcing her. Her mother had a stroke and can't speak, yet Sheehan was back on the road in days, leaving her mother to recover the best she can. I cared for my mother for 18 years and was grateful to do it.

Her "cause" doesn't speak to me at all.

new topics

top topics

join