It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marvel vs DC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
So, you take the Marvel Heros, like Spider Man, X-Men, and Fantastic 4(others out there to) and take Superman, Batman, Flash, so forth, who would win?

Marvel would to me, they have better people, I mean, Flash runs fast, but guess what? Lightning faster so Storm fries him. Green Lantern loses to Wolverine since Wolverine has yellow in his costume. Batman just a bored rich guy in tight so anyone could beat him. Then Hulk and Thing come in and crush the alien in tights, Superman. Wonder Woman gets spanked by the psychic girl from F4, Human Torch gets mad when Aquaman calls him a Flaming You Know What and burns him up when the sea turtles don't show up in time.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Whoever's got Superman!! The dude can only be beaten by Kryptonite. No Kryptonite and Superman destroys everybody.

It's that simple.

Peace

[edit on 16-9-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
He is still vulnerable to magic
My favorite the X-men thay kick some tail!

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
He is still vulnerable to magic

Like Harry Potter magic?? Man, Superman would slap the glasses off that boy!!

He'd have to magically create some Kryptonite.

I mean the dude singlehandedly reversed the Earth's rotation! Game over.

Peace

[edit on 16-9-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Actually,
he is vulnerable to magic by anyone such as Mr. Mxlplx (how ever you spell it),
Wonder Womans magically enhanced strength,
Captain Marvel's magical strength
and on and on

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Superman v/s Galactus w: Superman, but all he does is move Galactus along.

Batman v/s Capt, America w: Bats. He would take Cpt out eventually.

Martian Man Hunter v/s Thor w: Thor. MHunter is a great tactition and can phase out alot but Thor has Mjnolnir.

Wonder Women v/s Rogue w: Freakish turn around, Rogue wins, absorbs Wonder womens powers (hey she's done it to power girl...I mean Ms. Marvel)

Green Arrow v/s HawkEye w: HawkEye

Green Lantern v/s Silver Surfer w: GL takes the Herald out.

Aquaman v's Namor w: Aquaman one of the most powerful and underated characters in the DC line up.

Hawkman v/s Archangel w: Hawkman, his life was battle, he a flying version of Worf.

Flash v/s Quicksilver w: Flash Way to fast.

Giant Man v/s Hulk w: Hulk smash c'mon. This would be Hulk knee capping Giant Man, a bloody mess.

Cyborg v/s Iron Man w: Iron Man

The Spectre v/s Fate w: The Spectre

Crew of the Star Ship Enterprize Next Gen vs: X-men
w: lol X-Men but Picard lives!
just on this

Warf with a Batliff vs Wolverine is a Klingon Heroic Tragedy in the making.

X-Men vs Fantastic Four w: X- men again

Justice League v/s FF w: Justice League, It's over in seconds.

They are a completely different power level to the mutants.

[edit on 3-10-2005 by Grimholt]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Do you know theres actually a star trek book where the x men cross over into the enterprises reality and team up with the enterprise crew
worf and wolverine have the most in common needless to say

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Yeah, that's why I included it, but I thought that was Classic Trek not Next Gen?

If it was classic trek it would have to be Spock vs Wolverine.

Spock would win that hands down.

The Irrational, Illogical Wolverine would get peeved with Spocks drull response to his wise cracks , lose control and try and kill Spock who would step to the side.....vulcan nerve pinch. Lights out Wolvie. LOL.

If Spock criticaly fumbles his attempted pinch roll, a bad thing.

Wolvie would skewer him.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The one i read was next generation it involved aliens mutating the population of a planet so they developed powers so they could capture them and use them as slave soldiers the x men helped to get the alien mutants freedom and stuff like in x men comics i think the book was titled planet x
Theres a part where wolverine asks worf for a warriors drink and worfs gives him a prune juice

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It has been my experience that, although DC characters are usually superior in terms of raw power, Marvel characters tend to work better together. It never ceases to amaze me how the JLA can be beaten again and again given the powerhouses that comprise that team. Superman alone should be more than a match for just about anybody in either universe, but when you add in characters such as Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter, there should be no contest. And yet, there are any number of enemies who have whipped the JLA good.

Marvel characters, on the other hand, are noticeably less powerful than DC characters. The Hulk is not as strong as Superman and Quicksilver is not as fast as the Flash, for example. Yet the Avengers, X-Men and FF tend to work together as a team far better than the DC characters do. I think that in any conflict between the two universes, this factor would give the Marvels a slight edge (What's that you say? Amalgam? Never heard of it).

Of course, you also need to examine what you mean by DC. Are we including the Vertigo universe? Because if characters such as the Endless (from the Sandman series) are brought into the argument, then there would simply be no contest, given that these characters represent just about the biggest hitters in comicdom.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Definately. The JLA seam to under perform for the most part, they have their league but as you said they do not specialize in teamwork instead relying on each individuals powers to connect the dots and get a result.

More often with internal squabling for effect.

Avengers and X-men have their Danger Rooms for this purpose, training teamwork, perhaps the JLA it is felt is above that. I'm not sure.

I like them all.

The Endless sounds very cool.
Checking the link you gave now.

top topics

join