It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A letter from my congressman on UFOS!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCFusion

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
According to official information from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and the U.S. Air Force (USAF), no branch of the United States Government is currently involved with or responsible for investigations into the possibility of alien life on other planets...
[edit on 16-9-2005 by meshuggah1324]

Huh... why did we send probes to Mars?

Basic science I guess... And the possibility of establishing a base.

[edit on 30/9/05 by Thain Esh Kelch]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I could be wrong, but I think what DCfusion was getting at was, why did we send probes to Mars with experiment packs specifically designed to search for life forms....

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
hey, meshuggah1324, I was gonna u2u ya but I don't have enough posts yet *shrugs*

so, the whole thing with westmoreland got me going...

this is ligit, right? you wrote the guy and that's the spam you got back?

if so then I was wondering how you felt if I sent the following letter to the guy::

www.torbtown.com...

last thing I want to do is a) tick you off and/or b) cause any problems for you.

if yer cool with the wording and alla that then I'll take the time and energy ta send it to everybody... gotta do it one at a time 'cause some of 'em only have form mail offa web page and alla the gov spam filters will junk anything with too many cc/bcc in it *sighs*

at first I was just gonna cc a few people, but then I thought who do you include? who do you exclude? the cc list is the president, vice president, and alla the senetors and congressmen/women... anybody else I should cc let me know... assuming, of course, yer cool with this....

the only contact I can find for westmoreland is a form mail offa his web site... did you get an email address for him??

okay

rock on
twj

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Yeah, it's a real response. Don't know if it's a spam email they send to everyone who writes him abou UFOs...?

I don't care what you do. Just don't use my name in your response. I don't want my name involved...

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Maybe next time instead of questioning about life on other planets we should ask about other life on our own planet.
I wonder what her take would be about Dulce.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Torbjon, great find! He copied and pasted you from the NASA site Mesh....

Hoiw was the UFO incident over the whitehouse in the 1950's explained away? It happened twince in a week.

It was in '52, and it took the USAF a full year to finally try and present the case for "temperature inversions" appearing on the radar, despite the fact that almost any operator questioned would say that it's an impossible explanation, as they are well familiar with them. Also, years later, Hyneck would become a UFOlogist, instead of a BlueBook man, and state that the explanation didn't fly.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Torbjon, great find! He copied and pasted you from the NASA site Mesh....

It was in '52, and it took the USAF a full year to finally try and present the case for "temperature inversions" appearing on the radar, despite the fact that almost any operator questioned would say that it's an impossible explanation, as they are well familiar with them. Also, years later, Hyneck would become a UFOlogist, instead of a BlueBook man, and state that the explanation didn't fly.

Hell, James MacDonald was an atmospheric physicist. Temperature inversions were part of his scientific background, and he, along with several other weathermen, laughed at the temp inversion explaination as utterly ridiculous and impossible.

Heres a couple questions to ask a congressperson should any of you decide to write ( I have in the past, when I lived in Cali).

1. If no UFO has ever amounted to a national security threat, then why were FOIA documents denied to CAUS on the grounds that they were classsified for national security reasons? Why are there still hundreds of UFO documents being witheld by the CIA, NSA, NRO, and Air Force, still classified because of "national security" if UFOs never posed a sort of threat or risk?
2. Why was there no further inquiry into the illegal destruction of Roswell base documents and records?
3. Why was no investigation run on the Condon committee, even though it became common k noeldge that the project was rigged, and thus, a fraudulent waste of taxpayer dollars?

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Yeah, it's a real response. Don't know if it's a spam email they send to everyone who writes him abou UFOs...?

I don't care what you do. Just don't use my name in your response. I don't want my name involved...

Okay, I changed it to: Dear (name withheld upon request),

however, there's the very real chance that his office will be able to figure out who I'm talking about....

check the wording again, and if you're still cool with it let me know and I'll start emailing people....

www.torbtown.com...

(you may have to hit reload/refresh on your browser to see the updates)

I know there's a LOT of questions we would like to ask our reps, but if we hit them with too many questions in one letter they are just going to s-can the email... all we want from this guy right now is an honest reply to "where do you stand"

This subject is a no win situation for these people, no matter which way they go (left, right, or in the middle) a sizeable portion of their constituents are going to be ticked off with them.

Establishing ANY type of dialog with them regarding this subject is a good thing, no matter How much bs they shovel out, at least they are talking...

If anybody else is interested in contacting their public servents, contact info can be found here:

www.congress.org...

and here:

www.conservativeusa.org...

rock on
twj

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
SKadi_the_evil_elf,

I've been led to believe that ONE of the reasons SOME documents haven't been released (on the grounds of national security) isn't so much because of UFOs, but rather because we were doing things we shouldn't be doing, like flying over restricted airspace, or the incident involved personell or equipment of a secret nature... I'm not trying to support "them" or anything, but how do expain to the world at large that we tracked a UFO while breaking international law with illegally funded personell, using super secret equipment that we don't want anyone to know about?

Personally, I'm for full disclosure, even if it means admitting we're doing things we're not supposed to be doing, or posses equipment more advanced than we let on...

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by torbjon
SKadi_the_evil_elf,

I've been led to believe that ONE of the reasons SOME documents haven't been released (on the grounds of national security) isn't so much because of UFOs, but rather because we were doing things we shouldn't be doing, like flying over restricted airspace, or the incident involved personell or equipment of a secret nature... I'm not trying to support "them" or anything, but how do expain to the world at large that we tracked a UFO while breaking international law with illegally funded personell, using super secret equipment that we don't want anyone to know about?

Personally, I'm for full disclosure, even if it means admitting we're doing things we're not supposed to be doing, or posses equipment more advanced than we let on...

Ive heard that too, though that only accounts for a small fraction of the UFO data witheld. But it does not explain alot of other things.

Its not like our illegal overflights of certain countries are a big secret anyway. Everyone, at least unoffically, knows we do it from time to time. It still does not explain certain high orders of classification, including data witheld from elected officals.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Way to go meshuggah1324 I applaud you for wirting your congressmen/women... If more us did that we might be able to wake up the PTB...

I have started a website for Government Disclosure and with permission will post a link here later... Have NOT asked the admin yet for permission so will hold that info until I do...

I think we ALL need to write Congress and our MPP's to get to the bottom of what they REALLY know.... MY gutt says that the Canadian Government will crack first if we put enough PRESSURE on them to do so... We already have an EX Canadian Defense Minister stating PUBLICLY that UFO's ARE REAL as real as the planes in our skies TODAY.
www.exn.ca.../27/2005
click on Alien Invasion and hear it from the HORSES MOUTH!!!!!!!!
I was there when he stated it and SHOKED that Daily Planet aired teh segment...

If the people stand up and DEMAND DISCLOSURE sooner or later it will happen...

L2L

[edit on 1-10-2005 by like2learn]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Skadi_the_Evil_Elf,

I agree with you 100%, that only accounts for a small portion of the documents yet to be released.

Another (lame yet valid) reason I've heard is that some of the people involved in said reports are still alive and they have a right to privacy, so we have to wait for them (and perhaps their descendents) to die before we can see the scrap of paper that has their name on it *rolls eyes*

I find it fascinating that the fbi docs that were released blacked out Kenneth Arnolds name even though he went public with his story and it was NO secret whatsoever. The guy was still alive when the docs were declassified, the fbi didn't have permission to release his name, so, they blacked it out *shrugs*

crazy stuff, comrade.

rock on
twj

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
A lot of these congressmen and senators are former lawyers and they can bend a question around just on semantics. Clinton made "is" famous.

So anytime someone asks about UFO's you usually get a pat answer.
Because what is a UFO anyway? Anything really. So they'll always flip and flop to the most mundane of explanations.

So what's needed is to take it up a notch. Just go ahead and word it as extraterrestrial craft, extraterrestrial contact, extraterrestrial beings, extraterrestrial life, etc. Just ask them right up front about what you're looking for. You're looking for aliens and not the usual list of excuses these guys can come up with for UFO's, uh, I mean extraterrestrial craft.
Oh and that's extraterrestrial aliens and not illegal aliens.

Be specific or you will give them a way out with a form letter.

So if you ask them about extraterrestrial craft, etc., and they respond back with a form letter talking about UFO's, then you promptly respond back with a letter saying you didn't ask about UFO's but specifically extraterrestrial craft built by extraterrestrial beings, that way you can avoid the space shuttle (conventional spacecraft) counter excuse.

It really is a game of chess with these guys, so don't give them any wiggle room. If you nail it down in specific iron-clad terms, you probably won't get a response. And you might even define what it is you're looking for in the letter so there is no misunderstanding on their part. Its done on legal contracts all the time.

Maybe the board here can put together a real sharp letter, an ATS form letter of sorts, that expertly goes for the heart of disclosure. Make sure its formal, polite, and non-offensive, but direct and to the point about what it is you want to know. So I guess make use of the writers on this board and any legal eagles that might be here. Then any responses you get, you can have the ATS board members tear into it, and craft a perfect response to that. But always be nice in your response.

[edit on 1-10-2005 by CAPT PROTON]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
that letter is all over the internet, well in pieces, and using different words with the same meanings

from your letter:
"With the termination of Project Blue Book, the USAF regulation establishing and controlling the program for investigating and analyzing UFO's was discontinued. Documentation regarding the former Project Blue Book investigation was permanently transferred to the Modern Military Branch, National Archives and Records Service, in Washington , DC and is available for public review and analysis.
"

from a google search: www.ufoevidence.org...

"With the termination of Project Blue Book, the USAF regulation establishing and controlling the program for investigating and analyzing UFO's was rescinded. Documentation regarding the former Project Blue Book investigation was permanently transferred to the Modern Military Branch, National Archives and Records Service, in Washington, DC 20408, and is available for public review and analysis."

discontinued=rescinded

basically the letter is all bs but appears to have some human response to it. i would reply and ask why the letter is a carbon copy of what we found here on the internet.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCFusion

According to official information from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and the U.S. Air Force (USAF), no branch of the United States Government is currently involved with or responsible for investigations into the possibility of alien life on other planets...
[edit on 16-9-2005 by meshuggah1324]

Huh... why did we send probes to Mars?

The probes currently on mars are for geological survey, they do not have any equipment to search for life.
Both Viking probes had experiments to search for life, but that was some time ago now.

The only other recent probe to go to Mars in search for life was Beagle 2, which crashed, and that was a privately built craft designed and built by some British scientists.
In fact Pillinger, who headed the team, lives in the same area of the UK as me. I actually got an oppurtunity to go to a talk headed by him about Beagle 2, but it was a week after it crashed and I didn't fancy talking about what 'might have' been! LOL..

[edit on 2-10-2005 by AgentSmith]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join