It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regarding Bush's Speech last night...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I was surprised there isnt a post for this already, but ok...

I was watching his speech last night and there were a few things that jumped out at me:

1. 80% of his speech delt with filler material & WHAT WE ALREADY KNOW... how bad the gulf cost was hit and the lives lost. He could've spent less time rehashing the obvious and spent more time answering "what are you gonna do about".

2. When he did address "accountability" and "next steps"... it became woefully apparent his solution is to form yet MORE committees to "investigate" how the response what so wrong.. blah blah... great MORE RED TAPE

3. This is a personal one. I hate how he smirks when he reads the teleprompter as if he is reading the "speech" for the first time thinking to himself.. "oh those speech writers...those guys and their heart felt sentiments, they make me look soooooo good". PLEASE remember, when he addresses the nation, the words he speaks ARE NOT HIS, but rather written for the sole benefit of perception of the administration (the ones who actually pull the strings). I had to remind my wife of this last night. Remind ourselves when he speaks. Too often we get lost in the moment and forget where these words are coming from.

4. Now the part that really bothered me. In the middle of his fluffy anecdotes and quips.... he said the following:

"It is now clear that a challenge on this scale requires greater federal authority," he said, "and a broader role for the armed forces -- the institution of our government most capable of massive logistical operations on a moment's notice."

link

I want to note that before the words fell from his mouth.. I noticed his body language changed (something i pay close attention to in my everyday life). He became very authoritve, shifted and leaned forward into the camera when he said the above. Take it for what its worth- just something i noticed. The man comes off so cold.

After he said that... it hit me. Perhaps the murmurs on ATS regarding a "military state" arent just paranoia.

5. Now the conspiracy side of things. I hate saying his name, but DAVID ICKE made alot of sense when he wrote about those in power creating "covert" problems so they are able to "present a overt solution" to fit their agenda. In this case by not responding to such a catastrophe the way we know we can, the prez takes the blame and then says he will provide the solution. One being the above mentioned "more power to federal & military". The other being:

"clear and up-to-date plans for responding to natural disasters, disease outbreaks or terrorist attacks, for evacuating large numbers of people in an emergency and for providing the food, water and security they would need."

Maybe I'm paranoid, but perhaps one way to interpret this is as a "priming" of whats to come. I'll spell it out: "lets get the people ready for a nuke going off and prepare them for future disaster." This is the USA. We should have had our S**T together by now. Perhaps we do. Perhaps they know exactly whats to come.

Just some thoughts...

Peace

[edit on 16-9-2005 by Serum39]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Great post, thanks for sharing your thoughts, they echo a lot of what I was thinking, myself.
First off, David Icke is right about a lot of stuff, so don't be too afraid to mention his name. I'm not sure where I stand on the whole Reptilian thing, but to me it doesn't matter if the ruling elites are reptiles or not at the biological level---they don't act human and that is the important thing.
Second, the mentioning of terrorist attacks and yet another invocation of September 11th memories was a truly pathetic reach on the part of Bushie-boy. He can't seem to appear in public without mentioning the words "terrorism" or "September 11th." It seems to work with hsi hard-core base of supporters, but thankfully that base seems to be shrinking, as people everywhere wake up to the incompetence and idiocy of this man. I only hope it's not too little, too late, since TeamBush has almost single-handedly ruined our economy in just over five years.
Next is the point where I really agree with you---when he said there is a greater role for our military forces in disaster relief, that is the big clue right there. Why would he even mention that if martial law wasn't in the planning stages? The next "disaster" will probably be anotehr engineered "terrorist attack," but if it's a hurricane, flood, earthquake---don't bet against it being a man-made phenomenon. If "disaster" now equals "martial law," then I would bet there are many "disasters" yet to come. Time to take a couple of Tums.
---Ryan

[edit on 16-9-2005 by RyanC]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Not to make this a "David Icke thead," but it bothers me the way he demonizes his opponents as non-human. That's the same tool the Nazis used, because it removes your responsibility for compassion. It is also the technique of the terrorist training camps: tell the operatives that the victims are sub-human, and unworthy of life. . . .

What about Bush's remarks on racism. I was sort of surprised to here a fairly frank discussion of that from a Republican, in an official speech.

But I don't suppose he'll get any points on this board, regardless.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serum39
...I'll spell it out: "lets get the people ready for a nuke going off and prepare them for future disaster."

You know, I don't think any of us could handle seeing an actual mushroom cloud on the news, inside of U.S. borders no less. This would be so surreal I can't even tell you. The vaporization of tens or hundreds of thousands of Americans in an instant. I thought seeing two skyscrapers collapse upon themselves was the most jaw-dropping thing I've ever seen, an actual nuclear blast would be unfathomable.

I didn't even know Bush was giving a speech. Doesn't sound like I missed much though.

Peace

[edit on 16-9-2005 by Dr Love]

[edit on 16-9-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
oh, I just loved how he pledged MY willingness to sacrifice and work to rebiuld the city.......lol!! excuse me, but, well, weather or not I desire to sacrifice, give my money or whatever, should be left up to me, shouldn't it, otherwise, HE is making the pledge that him and our elected representatives will find the money, tax us if necessary, to rebiuld the city.....of course their is alot of support from the people, but still, it kind of irked me that HE would make any pledge on my behalf.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I was surprised there isnt a post for this already, but ok...

Actually, valkeryie beat ya to the punch...

I'm gonna close this thread - Please direct your comments to the thread below:
Bush's Live Speech

top topics

join