It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We just copied the M4........

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I forgot all about the FAMAS POJ. heh. I never did like that gun. I got to shoot it once, and just didn't like it at all.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The standard infantry weapon is not the Type 56 (AK-47 improvement, also the one that we sold to the new Iraqi military), but it is the Type-81. And I believe China uses the 7.62x54 for the Type-81.

The Type 81 is the second-generation assault rifle in service with the PLA. It replaced the Type 56 (Chinese copy of the AK-47) to serve as the standard individual assault weapon for PLA infantry troops and other services. Initially deployed in the 1980s Sino-Vietnam border conflicts, the Type 81 rifle is well known for its excellent reliability and accuracy. The Type 81 assault rifle and Type 81 squad machine gun is likely to remain in service with the PLA for at least another decade.

PROGRAMME

The PLA began studies on the new generation 7.62mm squad weapon family in the 1970s. The project aimed to develop a weapon family that can replace the Type 56 semiautomatic rifle, the Type 56 (AK-47) automatic rifle, and the Type 56-I squad machine gun equipped by the PLA infantry squad. The new weapon family should possess the advantages of both the semiautomatic rifle (e.g. high accuracy) and the automatic rifle (e.g. high firepower), use same type of bullets, and share some exchangeable parts. This has eventually led to the introduction of the Type 81 squad weapon family in 1981.

The Type 81 is the PLA's first squad weapon family, which includes the 7.62mm Type 81 and Type 81-1 automatic assault rifle, and the 7.62 mm Type 81 squad machine gun (Squad Automatic Weapon, or SAW). By the end of the 1980s, the Type 81 had replaced the Type 56 semiautomatic rifle, Type 56 automatic rifle, and Type 56-I squad machine gun to become the standard squad weapon family in service with the PLA.

The Type 81 was widely used by the PLA in the Sino-Vietnam border conflicts in the late 1980s. The weapon was given high credits by the PLA. According to the users, the Type 81 has less recoil and muzzle jump compared to the Type 56 (AK-47), which gives higher firing accuracy. In addition, the Type 81 also has a longer barrel life, and is more reliable than the Type 56.

Here's a pic of the Type-81

The Type 95 have already replaced the Type-81 in the marine corps, the airborne corps, the special operations corps and the army standard rifle is gradually being replaced by the Type 95 and 02

Type 02 is the second one and Type 95 is the third one

[edit on 18-9-2005 by COWlan]

[edit on 18-9-2005 by COWlan]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR
heres one of irans new assualt rifle, China will also be using this because iran and china work together in almost all military fields and share future rifles with each other. Rifles name is Khaibar.

NR china and iran have different rifles. looks similar but different

But most chinese forces are using the Type-81 like cowlan said

[edit on 18-9-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
That Iranian gun looks similar to both the Steyer Aug and FAMAS, it's more than likely derived from the AK-47 type action though, I think there is a gas tube mounted over the barrel.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR
heres one of irans new assualt rifle, China will also be using this because iran and china work together in almost all military fields and share future rifles with each other. Rifles name is Khaibar.

The Chinese bullpup looks quite different than the Iranian gun.

Question, where do you put the left hand on this gun ? The Steyer Aug has a handle and the FAMAS has a molded grip. This gun doesn't look like it has either of these and holding a hot barrel doesn't seem like a very good idea to me. Overall, the whole gun seems back heavy. That would make it very hard to operate in anything other than the shouldered position.

NR

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by LemonAide

Originally posted by NR

The Chinese bullpup looks quite different than the Iranian gun.

Question, where do you put the left hand on this gun ? The Steyer Aug has a handle and the FAMAS has a molded grip. This gun doesn't look like it has either of these and holding a hot barrel doesn't seem like a very good idea to me. Overall, the whole gun seems back heavy. That would make it very hard to operate in anything other than the shouldered position.

actually the gun is very light and you can find it from a video here, this picture also can explain it can be very easy to handle.

Video: www.iranmilitaryforum.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Wow, that gun is pretty compact! nice! go iran

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Hey wait a sec... that pic on the top right corner... isn't that the M4 again? So the Iranians are copying the M4 too? It must be really fun to copy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join