It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pod Units and Portable Toilets at Walmart and Target Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
My husband and daughter was on their way to work this morning and they have to pass a Walmart and Target store.
Both of them called me to tell me that there are many portable pods(moving units) and toilets sitting outside the front of each store.
Does anyone know why this could be happening?
They have never been there before.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Simple question:

Where do you live?

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I live in Tampa Florida and I have never seen anything like this happen here.
These units seemed to be put there overnight.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Could be for construction. Where I live even a home undergoing a modest remodel requires one for the use of the workers. Maybe they are preparing for evacuee's or the pods could be a qucik way to remove inventory from damaged stores?

[edit on 9/16/05 by FredT]

[edit on 9/16/05 by FredT]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Thats possibley the reason but it sure seems strange. Why do they have many portable toilets ?

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I think this thread set a world record for most mod forum shifts in the span of five minutes.

Construction would be the obvious reason. They don't want the construction workers using the store facilities. Have you ever seen what a construction crew can do to a nice clean bathroom?

Peace

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I think this thread set a world record for most mod forum shifts in the span of five minutes.

Yes It did and I got penalized 20 points just for moving it to a different catagory

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Sounds like construction to me too.

Maybe you should try calling the stores in question to see if they are having any kind of refit etc.

Keep us posted please.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Dude, 20 points is just a love tap around here. No need to fret.

Could be that the stores are going out of business.

Peace

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
These stores are not going out og business and if you could see the many many pods and toilets in the parking lots you would be curious too.
I'll call both of them and ask why they are there.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
MagicaRose, which Tampa store is it? Is it a new store on Dale Mabry? That I believe is a new store and no they aren't going out of business if anything they are remodeling for the new prototype 2005. Walmart is also doing a remodel after Target stores began carrying more coolers to support the grocery part of the store without converting them into SuperTargets.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Hi,
It's the Walmart and Target on Fletcher Avenue.
I've been shopping there at those stores for years and I've never seen anything like this.
Maybe some of the members on this site should check out their Walmarts and Targets.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Well I couldn't find the exact location of the Target on Fletcher but I called the ones surrounding the area and they didn't know why and they didn't have the units in front of their stores. They are in the back due to construction or remodels which I know exsisting Targets are currently going through and Walmart is following suit due to the added grocery items.

I wouldn't be concerned although I understand the curiousity. I work for Target HQ in Mpls and nothing has been posted about it and if it were a big event we would know.

top topics

join