It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doing High Blood Pressure Project,please Help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Hi, I am doing a hypertension report for my school project and hope that someone can help me out with this questions.

The causes of hypertension

1) does drinking coffee and staying out late at night causes acute hypertension?

2) does blood pressure rise or fall after eating a heavy meal?

3) does blood pressure rise or fall if I am nervous ?

4) does blood pressure rise or fall if I get agitated and very angry?

I hope someone can answer this questions because I couldn't find the answers to them online. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Direct from our friends at the American Heart Association:

In 90 to 95 percent of high blood pressure cases, the cause is unknown. In fact, you can have high blood pressure for years without knowing it.

There are a few studies which indicate that caffeine can indeed raise blood pressure, though the raise seems to be only temporary.

There's one mentioned here

The caffeine in drinks like coffee, tea and sodas may cause blood pressure to go up, but only temporarily. In a short time your blood pressure will go back down.

(from this source)

If you eat a meal that's very high in salt, then your bp will probably rise, too - again though, this is only temporary.

It really depends on your individual physiology, and whether or not you have high bp to begin with.

Stress is notorious for raising your bp, too...once again, it might just be a temporary rise, as there really haven't been enough studies to prove this is a permanent cause of high bp.

The thing is, if your bp keeps fluctuating in this way - frequent but marked rising and falling - you're going to be at much greater risk of something permanent developing; it's a good idea to try and keep your bp nice and regular. And low (but not dangerously so).

Hope this helps a bit

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
An electrolyte imbalance will do interesting things to your blood pressure. Mine was 118/75 sitting down, and 220/82 right after I stood up. My pulse would go from 80 to over 200.

new topics

join