It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Boards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Has anyone else noticed the sudden change in our ranking? I used to look and see that we were rank 452 then I look just now and it says 444, does it normaly fluctuate that much and I am just missing somehting....or are we really kicking butt here at ATS

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Thats just the Total Post rank really. Visit bigboards and look at all the stats.

In most fields we actualy went down a bit, ATS was in the top 10 for 2 or 3 of the statistics categories, now only just in 1.

The rank displayed in the thumbnail is one of the least important value's imho, since there are some boards out there, that if they didn't purge their old threads like clockwork, alot of the Big Boards would be like 1000 places behind compared to now.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
The other fact that the Big Board number does not indicate is post and board quality of which ATS has ample. Simply put ATS and ATS'ers in general put forth alot more "quality" than do other boards.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   
More Isn't Necessarily Better

Originally posted by FredT
Simply put ATS and ATS'ers in general put forth alot more "quality" than do other boards.

Amen. Traffic stats didn't bring me to ATS, the quality of the content did, and that's what keeps me here.

There are some other boards I visit much less now where the emphasis is on join date and post count, so people post garbage to become "old bulls".

What results is just plain bull. :shk:

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   
For those interested in the Big Board Stats

The first thing to point out is that the primary stat used by Big Boards is number of posts. When we first entered ATS for Big Boards we came in ranked around 650. So we've climbed 200 places in that time. The climb has been quite steady but there seemed to be a little log jam around 450.

Only ATS counts on the big board stats. ATSNN, BTS, and PTS posts and traffic details are not included.

And as has been said above we are one of the few boards to put restrictions such as one liners on posting. I was quite shocked a while back when I checked a few of the 'top' boards using post number stats to see many threads that virtually consisted of their members posting "F-Off". Each post like that is counted in the same way as our members well thought out posts.

These stats are not calculated on a yearly basis but are accumulated from when the board was first set-up. Meaning that it's virtually impossible to overhaul them on number of posts. The sheer amount of inane posts that would be needed to catch up doesn't bare thinking about.

Could we compete if we changed our set-up and our rules ? Yeh sure. But would we want to ? No !

Even the traffic stats which don't include much of the site put us near the top.

For those interested in these kind of things you'll be pleased to know that our Alexa ranking has been significantly dropping too. Last time I looked we were ranked less than 6,000.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
When we first joined "Big Boards", we were ranked as JB1 pointed out, at 650... but that was out of 849 boards at the time. Now there are 1374 boards in their database.

So we joined in the "top" 76 percentile... and are now in the "top" 32 percentile. That's a gigantic leap relative to all other boards.

Our rank goes down primarily because a board with more posts has just joined the list... it's rare for another board to catch up ad pass us (it's happened, but rare).

top topics

join