It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biblical Validation & a Nonmainstream View of End Times

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
please do not turn what is so good a thread into a debate of belief. This happened to my thread as well, and it just kills it. So can you just go back to what it is about please, which is the actual idea of the board.

Wow... I sound like a moderator.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I think it was another thread the Bible came under attack visciously.

I've debated the science of the Genesis account on big sites, & they hate me. That's because I have the answers others don't to valid questions against the Genesis account.

Genesis, near the end mentions pharoah. It's the Moses era transcribing of Hebrew oral tradition about the beginning, and not by the words of any known prophet. Moses had chroniclers for the Moses era books, not prophets.

Expecting Genesis to be infallable is unreasonable, and even Jonah was fallable. The quaternary extinctions of 70% of species was at the end of the Pleistocene age, about 9600BC, when the pyramid culture was lost. I believe that event was the Biblical deluge.

I believe in genetic upgrade creation (Genesis 6:2-4) & both angels and the "sons of God" were around before the deluge.
www.ufoevidence.org
www.ufonasa.com

The children of Adam & Eve found mates that were either subhuman, or the 144000 redeemed given THIS "new earth" (1000 years), as promised in 2 Peter 3:13, Rev 21:1, Isaiah 66:22 & 65:17.

The search term "time warp" at google turns up the most famous physicists believing it's possible, within the geomagnetic/EM field of any large planet.

The Bible IS scientifically accurate in describing the predicted effects of a major meteoric hail/impact event, throughout.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
exodus2006.com...

The Bible is in agreement with a great many ancient predictions regarding the current times. Most of them mention fire as the mechanism that will cleanse the earth this time around. In the Vedas it describes the event as wiping the slate clean. The Mayans describe a fiery cleansing too. And the implied magnitude of the event is for all intents and purposes the end of the world...and the start of a better one. They all mostly agree on that point as well. I guess being nearly wiped off the face of the earth might be all we need to smarten up. The return of the 'Son' of God wielding a flaming sword flying down out of the sky. The plumed serpent, Kalki flying in on a white horse to annihilate ignorance, etc., all could be describing this........

The magazine New Scientist, 9 Jan 99, carried an article covering a meeting of the American Astronomical Society. A team of astronomers studying Sun-like stars discovered that most of them seem to produce a superflare about once a century.

They studied observational records and found that stars similar to the Sun occasionally become as much as ten times brighter, for periods of hours or days. The astronomers are reported to be baffled as to why the Sun is so stable. Perhaps it does flare, but only every five thousand years, when the magnetic field reverses; causing so much destruction that no eye witness accounts have survived.

[edit on 03 22 2005 by BlackGuardXIII]

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII

"The astronomers are reported to be baffled as to why the Sun is so stable. Perhaps it does flare, but only every five thousand years, when the magnetic field reverses;" by BlackGuardXIII

A 1999 report is outdated, since the sun has been hit repeatedly by comets since 1998. www.jmccanneyscience.com... www.eartyhchangestv.com...
The greatest flares in recorded history have been in recent years. The normal solar cycle is out the window now, as this is supposed to be a quiet time in the cycle, but this month has been record breaking activity.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by James J Dierbeck A 1999 report is outdated, since the sun has been hit repeatedly by comets since 1998. www.jmccanneyscience.com... www.eartyhchangestv.com...

I cannot see what comets hitting the sun could do to affect it. Comets are infinitesimally small relative to the sun, or even relative to the size of the sunspots. But, I have seen some very recent news that is interesting. On space.com there is a good article about sunspots and flares, and the sunspot cycle which is to peak at the end of 2012. We are nearing the low point in the cycle next year, yet Sept. 7th astronomers recorded the 4th largest solar flare ever measured. There is much more information on the site that I found quite supportive of the possibility that the sun is showing signs of some type of event beginning. Let's hope the numerous ancients across the globe who all agreed on the time being now, and fire being the cleanser, are all mistaken.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I noticed a misspelled link that won't work. So Here's a repost, plus more links.

www.earthchangestv.com...
www.earthfiles.com...

The balance of elements within the sun between helium & hydrogen make the difference between roasting or freezing, and the comets that have hit the sun aren't little, but moon sized. Recent record flares are of concern at a time when it's supposed to be the quiet cycle.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
You say comets are small, but they come from the Oort cloud (a big cloud of rocks and ice out near pluto). This has millions of rocks left over from when the solar system formed. If they start falling in due to gravity shifts in the stars near us, they can fall in towards the sun. And if they don't get absorbed by jupiter or any other planets, and dont hit the sun, they can come towards us. Also I should think a Pluto sized object going through the asteroid belt would hit some toward us as well.
Have you ever seen an illustration of all the known asteroids? It makes for some scary observations. The sky is full of them, and those are the ones we can detect.
Imagine what a Tunguska type event would do if it happpened over london or New york. It would kill thousands.
Basically, Comets and asteroids aren't insignificant, there are a lot of them. If there is one with our name on it, I would recommend at least some survival rations, water purifying equipment if we are really unlucky, and a good amount of Prayer.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
In the last dozen years, many previously unknown asteroids have passed near, not seen until passing. The number of previously unknown comets has spiked in the same time frame.

What is drawing them from south of earths plane is a mystery. The tribulation can happen without warning, suddenly. The Bible is our warning. I don't expect govs to let the info out.

The moon size comets cited at www.jmccanneyscience.com... are larger than comets were previously thought to be.

A vague rumor is out about a new asteroid in irregular orbit around earth, that has had friction with the upper atmosphere. It was first cited at www.space.com... [.url] then by George Noory on the radio show [url]http://www.coasttocoastam.com

C2C radio has occasional kooks on, but his report was backed by space.com, which usually takes establishment science party line about "dirty snowball" comets, etc.

pravda.ru... article posted 9/20/2005 titled "Sun does not behave while earth is threatened by a dust cloud". An unusual event, possibly a collision of black holes at the galaxy core, has reportedly sent a rare black hole jet emission headed our way.

Russian astrophysicist Albert Shervinsky says it will consume all in its' path, due BY 2014. He also says NASA is covering it up.

I'd guess the only way this report got thru the at least once state run media king of Russia, Pravda, is by over estimating the time of arrival, if true.

IF true, then so might be 2 Peter 3:10-12, about the elements burned up with earth.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I think that they have said comets can get quite big, because I think i read something about Pluto being a big comet. Its strucure is mostly ice of methane (I think) with a rocky core. Of course Pluto is in a stable orbit. We don't know about the small ones out there, and there must be thousands.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
would hardly be a blip on the solar surface. Many sunspots are far larger in diameter than that. But of course, a comet that size passing by the earth at a close enough range would do terrible damage, as outlined in the book by scientists Allen and Delair, 'Cataclism: The day the earth nearly died.' Their research suggests just such an event occured within 150 years + or - of 9 500 BC.
I personally do not feel that this is the most likely candidate for the 2012 event. The descriptions of all the predictions seem more like the result of some type of solar event, like a cyclic intensity increase. This is also hinted at by the focus that the Mayans had on the sunspot cycles. The next solar maximum coincidentally occurs at the end of 2012.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
The descriptions of all the predictions seem more like the result of some type of solar event, like a cyclic intensity increase. This is also hinted at by the focus that the Mayans had on the sunspot cycles. The next solar maximum coincidentally occurs at the end of 2012.

If that is a coincidence, that is a very big one, and the probability must be really low.
I think it probably isn't a coincidence.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Wouldnt the MIR mold be destroyed in the space stations fiery descent through the atmosphere?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join