It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Chavez wants United Nations out of New York

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Chavez states that there were never weapons of mass destruction in Iraq but despite that, and going over the head of the United Nations, Iraq was bombed and occupied. So the United Nations must be pulled out of the United States.
Source

Chavez has been challenging the U.S. in several different areas and it seems he's trying to use the U.N. for leverage. These things are never good situations, economically or politicaly




posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Oops put it in the wrong forum. Don't know how to change it either. Sorry. Hopefully the Moderators will move it.



posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
We have no obligation to ask the U.N. for permission. The U.N. is not operating as it was intended too and today is just a bureaucratic mess.



posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Distortion
We have no obligation to ask the U.N. for permission. The U.N. is not operating as it was intended too and today is just a bureaucratic mess.

Well with respect, what do you define as "operating as it was intended to" ?



posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Chavez wants United Nations out of New York

For the first time, and probably the last time, Chavez has said something that I personally agree with.

Does he have a suggestion as to where?





seekerof



posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'd love to see the UN move out of NY. The traffic is horrendous when they have these big meetings, the area is close to my apartment so the terror threat is a bit more frightening and the building will make a great condo.

The UN is showing itself to be rather useless anyway.



posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
devilwasp, well chavez said this too..

The United Nations has outlived its model. It's not just a question of bringing about reform. The 21st century requires profound changes



posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Finally, something I agree with Chavez on...I live in NYC and would love to see the damned thing move out of the city (and the country)



posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
devilwasp, well chavez said this too..

The United Nations has outlived its model. It's not just a question of bringing about reform. The 21st century requires profound changes


Thats all well and good IYO but still didnt answer my question...
Also seek, why do you think they should move?
BTW, I to want it to move, preferably to geneva or a neutral country.

Dj, I agree , get it moved away from one of the biggest threats to peace world wide!

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]



posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Thats all well and good IYO but still didnt answer my question...

BTW, I to want it to move, preferably to geneva or a neutral country.



well because they are all talk and no action because how vetos and special powers in the security council can cause stagnation and inaction in the whole UN body, what good is the UN is if its seen as a tool for powerful nations with no strong leader?

[edit on 16-9-2005 by namehere]

[edit on 16-9-2005 by namehere]



posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I have often wondered how much intel we (USA) get by having the UN in the USA?

You know, " keep your friends close and your enemys closer."

Roper



posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
well because they are all talk and no action because how vetos and special powers in the security council can cause stagnation and inaction in the whole UN body, what good is the UN is if its seen as a tool for powerful nations with no strong leader?

[edit on 16-9-2005 by namehere]

[edit on 16-9-2005 by namehere]

Well if you want to blame someone, dont blame the UN, blame the security council.
btw, the entire idea of the UN is peaceful negotiations, I dont believe a UN military can be "peaceful" since the job of the military is to fight, anything else is just added jobs.



posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I think the Geneva Switzerland UN office should be made the head office of the UN. It's in a neutral country.

BTW Crakeur I think the current UN building needs extensive work that would probably make the destruction of the building cheaper than renovation into condos. I think the UN wanted $1.2 billion to renovate the building.



posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
wasp

but its who controls the UN and is responsible for enforcing its policies, it is the UN by the simple fact it has all the power over the UN.

well if noone respects the UN and noone has a reason to, what good is it?

[edit on 16-9-2005 by namehere]

[edit on 16-9-2005 by namehere]



posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
wasp

but its who controls the UN and is responsible for enforcing its policies, it is the UN by the simple fact it has all the power over the UN.

Then blame the major powers of the world lol.


well if noone respects the UN and noone has a reason to, what good is it?

[edit on 16-9-2005 by namehere]

[edit on 16-9-2005 by namehere]

Respect isnt earned by force of arms.
The UK respects the UN, otherwise we wouldnt obey human rights now would we?



posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Well I’ll be, this is probably the only time I will agree with Chavez. I would love to see the UN move out of NY and the US and for us to stop picking up their tab.

[edit on 16-9-2005 by WestPoint23]



posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Well I’ll be, this is probably the only time I will agree with Chavez. I would love to see the UN move out of NY and the US and for us to stop picking up their tab.

[edit on 16-9-2005 by WestPoint23]

***Shakes head***

Not again with the whole "We pay more than you !", since when does any alliance state that everyone pays the same?
Jeez even nato you guys put more stuff into it, why? BECAUSE YOUR BIGGER.



posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Not only that but the US is behind on its tab. They owe the UN money.



posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Yes DW, you can shake your head, but its me that has to shake the wallet for men that do nothing but bend over backwards to oppose my country. I cant seem to find any law that says one member due to its status has to pay more than the rest.



posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I agree! Get the US of of the UN and also the UN out of the US!

CHEERS!@



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join